U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 11:04 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,052,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I agree. I felt sorry for the guy at first, but I did not know all the details. My wife tells me the daycare is near the guy's work as well, as in maybe it is part of the Home Depot corporate park complex. If that is the case, I don't see how the dad could forget the kid - and why he isn't the primary person dropping the son of every day anyway since the daycare is the closest to his job - which would speak to the normal "defense" that normal routine caused him to forget. But having breakfast with him, driving a few blocks and leaving him? I don't see how that is possible. My kids fall asleep fairly quickly on a car ride, but not that fast - and there's no way I'd forget about them.

He'd still be talking and moving and otherwise active.
Yes, if it was only a mile to work. That is why I was talking about toxicology results because, if he was not moving and talking.. something was wrong. He had to be "out-of-it" , if he was not talking or wanting to play in that short of distance of a mile? I do know toxicology reports will determine whether he was or not.. but I do find it odd that he was just lifeless ( or not talking) between Chick-a-fil and work. This scenario could make one think the baby had passed before the hot car death.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 11:07 AM

13,488 posts, read 9,688,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
From that article:

Glad I read this thread before I posted.

I think the murder charge is correct but he will have the chance to prove otherwise. I predict the charge stands.

Horrible tragedy to say the least.
Yeah, at the initial headline, I was inclined to cut the guy some slack because in reality, it IS very easy to get frazzled and forget stuff. I've driven away with my coffee still on the roof of my car many times.

However, after reading more details, I think the cops and the DA got this one right. Poor baby. What a miserable way to go.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:07 AM

2,056 posts, read 1,853,114 times
We can talk about all the ways the 70's were better. I was born in 1975. But we can't go back to that. We also cannot legislate stupidity. At some point, humanity has become dumber, and our dependency on machines/computers becomes our downfall.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:32 AM

19,081 posts, read 21,275,988 times
I wonder why the daycare didn't call one of the parents. If my daughter doesn't show up we get a call an hour or two later.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:41 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,052,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I wonder why the daycare didn't call one of the parents. If my daughter doesn't show up we get a call an hour or two later.
I wondered the same thing. Did the care center call him at work? He was clocked in.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:15 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,275,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I wondered the same thing. Did the care center call him at work? He was clocked in.
2:1 someone has asked.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:27 PM

374 posts, read 389,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
That's a very odd statement for a mother to make. It's one thing to want to believe in your husband, but to basically say that your son is better off dead than having to deal with awkward stages or middle and high school? That would make my blood run cold.
Yikes!!! Totally agree Anna. This story is so sad, bizarre and getting more horrible as the days go on.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:41 PM

7,198 posts, read 7,572,818 times
Well at lease we know he doesn't have money to buy his way out of this!
***Cough****Casey Anthony

Old 07-01-2014, 02:11 AM

33,221 posts, read 39,354,180 times
A question on my mind if he did in fact forget to drop the kid off at daycare why didnt he automatically drive to the daycare after work to pick up his son?

Old 07-01-2014, 06:23 AM

2,874 posts, read 6,281,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
A question on my mind if he did in fact forget to drop the kid off at daycare why didnt he automatically drive to the daycare after work to pick up his son?
To me, this is one of the most damning facts. When you read about other parents who have accidentally left their child in the car, they state that they did think about their child throughout the day and when they did, they thought of their child safely spending the day at the daycare center. If that was the case, that is the very first place that he would have gone after work.

I have very, very little doubt that the case was not an accident, but I'm still having a difficult time believing that the mother was involved. Time will tell, I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events