U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 05:48 AM

2,431 posts, read 4,392,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Not only the rear view mirror, but how do you get out of the car and not turn your body around? At least somewhat so that you're looking directly at the car… Anytime I have gotten out my car, I know I physically turn around and am facing the car, and than you're using your keys to press the lock button, so you're looking at the car.
But not everyone does that. I almost never use my key fob to remotely lock my car-- I just hit the button on the inside of the door as I'm getting out -- no need to turn around.

About the possibility of the child having been drugged first -- a few pages back I said something about it having been on an old Law & Order episode, but I was wrong -- it was CSI. And clearly this couple has never seen CSI, or they would know that in any suspicious circumstances they get a search warrant that covers their computers and internet searches!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 11:29 AM

2,319 posts, read 1,983,073 times
Here's the latest:
Child dies in car, father

He's due in court Thursday. His lawyer wants him to get out on bond. Exact times placed on how long it would take to drive from Chick-Fil-A to work and to daycare, etc.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:36 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,654,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
But not everyone does that. I almost never use my key fob to remotely lock my car-- I just hit the button on the inside of the door as I'm getting out -- no need to turn around.

About the possibility of the child having been drugged first -- a few pages back I said something about it having been on an old Law & Order episode, but I was wrong -- it was CSI. And clearly this couple has never seen CSI, or they would know that in any suspicious circumstances they get a search warrant that covers their computers and internet searches!
Well everyone may not do that, but there is NO WAY you can drive less than 5 minutes and forget you have a child in the car....not possible.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:25 AM

3,510 posts, read 2,796,958 times
Police supposedly are going to provide more evidence today.

Quote:
A Georgia father accused in the hot-car death of his 22-month-old son will head to court today, with authorities expected to outline their reasons for charging the man with murder.

A judge will decide today a probable cause hearing whether the case against Justin Ross Harris can proceed.

Authorities to Justify Murder Charge in Georgia Boy's Hot SUV Death - ABC News

Quote:
ABC News Chief Legal Affairs Anchor Dan Abrams expects many details to emerge at today’s hearing.

“I think prosecutors want the public to hear what they have to eliminate sympathy and those people who say he’s a grieving father who forgot his child,” Abrams said.

The hearing will be shown on HLN starting.....oh in like 5 minutes or so.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:59 AM

8,140 posts, read 12,519,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
Father Charged With Murder for Leaving Son in Hot Car for Seven Hours

awful scenario all around, unless it was intentional (awful still but different)

how do you forget another human is within 2 feet of you
I believe this was intentional as he was researching about it on the internet prior to it happening.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
That poor family. How does it happen? Read this article. It will break your heart, but maybe you will understand a bit better.
This is so heartbreaking!!!

It really makes me feel so grateful that my parents were always so protective and careful with my sister and me.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
i read the article mentioned above and its long but worth the read, as a new parent (3 month old), i had a lump in my throat and a tear on a few occasions during the read. i cant imagine going through life knowing you killed your own child. as it seems from the article, these parents are in their own personal hell with no way out, when truly an accident, it doesn't seem that prison makes any sense
I think the guilt alone is enough of a punishment.

I would not be able to live with myself knowing that I killed my child.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:10 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,796,958 times
The father spent his day having sexually charged conversations with 6 different women while his child was dying off in the car. Father was sending sexually explicit photos of his genitals to women as young as 17.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The article states that these deaths have increased since the 1990s, when it was determined that children in car seats were safer in the back seat of the car.
Maybe this really needs to be re-evaluated. I mean if putting a carseat in the front passenger seat would help parents to not do these things, then maybe thats the way to go.

I dont know but it def needs to be re-evaluated. Newer cars these days have a lot more safety features than older ones from the 90's when this determination was made.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:18 PM

2,859 posts, read 6,259,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
The father spent his day having sexually charged conversations with 6 different women while his child was dying off in the car. Father was sending sexually explicit photos of his genitals to women as young as 17.
Somehow I don't think that Mom will continue to support him much longer. This guy was passed over for a promotion, was over spending, was sexting with multiple other women and told one of them that he did not have a conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events