U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 07:31 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
The article below points out that dad was sending nudies of himself the same day the little boy died, and that he had texted his wife about picking up "his Buddy". That he had brought his co-workers to his car, to help install some lights while the kid was in there, and some other exculpatory, as well as damning evidence.
He didn't take the co-workers to his car to install lights, he was just dropping off the light bulbs. He rode to lunch with two of his co-workers, and while out to lunch he stopped by somewhere to get light bulbs. They just dropped him off at his car when they got back to work.

He probably bought the lightbulbs just so he could say "But why would I let 2 people that close to my car if I had intentionally left my child in there?" (same reason he texted his wife). I know when I'm dropping someone off at their car, I'm not getting out and snooping around looking inside and such. Especially since his car was backed into the parking spot (without looking in the rear view mirror?), they wouldn't have been able to see through the front windshield and into the back seat. And they especially wouldn't have been able to see if there was a child in a rear facing car seat.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 07:57 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,793,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
He didn't take the co-workers to his car to install lights, he was just dropping off the light bulbs. He rode to lunch with two of his co-workers, and while out to lunch he stopped by somewhere to get light bulbs. They just dropped him off at his car when they got back to work.

He probably bought the lightbulbs just so he could say "But why would I let 2 people that close to my car if I had intentionally left my child in there?" (same reason he texted his wife). I know when I'm dropping someone off at their car, I'm not getting out and snooping around looking inside and such. Especially since his car was backed into the parking spot (without looking in the rear view mirror?), they wouldn't have been able to see through the front windshield and into the back seat. And they especially wouldn't have been able to see if there was a child in a rear facing car seat.

The most telling thing I heard today was when the police informed him that he was being charged with murder and his response was "but there was no negligent intent." Who says something like that? Then when his wife went directly to see him instead of going to see the baby and asked him right away "did you tell them too much?" More and more it seems like they were working in concert and if there's any evidence that implicates her, I hope she gets her just dessert too.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:08 PM

13,472 posts, read 9,593,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
The most telling thing I heard today was when the police informed him that he was being charged with murder and his response was "but there was no negligent intent." Who says something like that? Then when his wife went directly to see him instead of going to see the baby and asked him right away "did you tell them too much?" More and more it seems like they were working in concert and if there's any evidence that implicates her, I hope she gets her just dessert too.
What??! For real? That's awful.

Do you have a link? I'll hold my nose and read it.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:28 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,793,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What??! For real? That's awful.

Do you have a link? I'll hold my nose and read it.

It was during the hearing today in court. If someone has posted a transcript, it'll be in there. I know on the news they were talking about the mother's comments but the comment about the father saying that there was no malicious intent really caught my attention.

Here's a link for you->

Quote:
The detective testified that when Harris and his wife were reunited, "it was all about [Ross Harris]." Stoddard said that Harris asked "What are we going to do?" mentioning that he might lose his job and be charged with a felony. Leanna Harris asked Ross "How much did you tell them?" according to the detective.

Quote:
The detective said that when he told Harris he'd be charged with murder, Ross responded, "But there's no malicious intent."

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...eath/12143057/

Old 07-03-2014, 08:39 PM

16,484 posts, read 17,501,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
Just read some of this thread again. This is making me think of Scott Peterson. When your family responsibilities become "inconvenient", you can just make them go away?

What a sicko. I hope the most severest form of justice is handed out to this guy, and the wife if she is indeed an accomplice.

Yeah I just read the story too. Man people are screwed up. Give the kid up for adoption if you don't want it. I could never give up my kids. I rather die.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:54 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,037,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Yeah I just read the story too. Man people are screwed up. Give the kid up for adoption if you don't want it. I could never give up my kids. I rather die.
This might be an assumption on my part, but Cooper doesn't resemble his dad ( Ross Harris). Cooper actually doesn't look anything like him. They really don't even look biologically connected.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:10 PM

36,434 posts, read 41,608,566 times
sexted 17 year old girl while his baby dies in the car. 2 life insurance policies.

fry this bastard and it is still too good for him.

Justin Ross Harris, Georgia dad, "sexted" naked pics while son was dying in hot car, detective says - CBS News

Old 07-03-2014, 09:39 PM

898 posts, read 654,966 times
fry this bastard and it is still too good for him.

Yep. Sometimes I think we need to bring back "Ol' Sparky". That ought to make potential sickos think twice.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:08 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,037,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So the wife went to pick the child up from daycare, and when she was told that the kid was never dropped off, she told them that her husband must have left him in the car. Who automatically thinks such things? I think they're both guilty, or at least she was aware of her husband's plans. If she wasn't she would have called her husband right then to find out where her son was. I'd be a complete mess if my child was missing from daycare and I'd be calling/texting whoever was supposed to drop him off to find out where he was. Considering the daycare was at the husband's work, wouldn't she have gone to his office and confronted him about where the child was?
No.. After the daycare informed her that the child was never dropped off, she said (to the daycare) "Did he leave him in the car?" It sounds like a) she knew he would leave him in the car or b) he has left the child in the car before. or c) she knew that he was the type to leave him in the car and she has picked him ( Cooper) up before when left in the car. SO, she suspected it with a 'telling' question that had nothing to do with the daycare calling her to inform he was never dropped off.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 07-03-2014 at 10:17 PM..

Old 07-03-2014, 10:43 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
No.. After the daycare informed her that the child was never dropped off, she said (to the daycare) "Did he leave him in the car?" It sounds like a) she knew he would leave him in the car or b) he has left the child in the car before. or c) she knew that he was the type to leave him in the car and she has picked him ( Cooper) up before when left in the car. SO, she suspected it with a 'telling' question that had nothing to do with the daycare calling her to inform he was never dropped off.
She didn't get a call from the daycare, she went there to pick him up. She works from home, so apparently he only goes to daycare for part of the day sometimes. I haven't read that she asked a question, more that she told them what must have happened.

Quote:
When Leanna Harris arrived at Little Apronís day care center to pick up Cooper after work that day and employees informed her that her child had never arrived, Stoddard said she immediately told them her husband had forgotten Cooper in the car.
The Marietta Daily Journal - Justin Ross Harris appears in court at 1 30
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events