U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 11:04 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,041,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
She didn't get a call from the daycare, she went there to pick him up. She works from home, so apparently he only goes to daycare for part of the day sometimes. I haven't read that she asked a question, more that she told them what must have happened.

The Marietta Daily Journal - Justin Ross Harris appears in court at 1 30
Oh okay. I guess I am getting confused at this point as well.. between the 'told' and the 'did' . ( my bad) I still don't know how she could have immediately told them he left him in the car.. before it was known that he left him in the car. Why would she already know that he must have left him the car, is what I was trying to say.. and why would it be common knowledge that he left him in the car? Or, Who would leave their child in the car?
----------------------
Stoddard said she immediately told them her husband had forgotten Cooper in the car.

As Harris broke down over what would happen to him and whether he would lose his job over the incident, Stoddard said she asked her husband: “ DID you say too much"

Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 11:05 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,798,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
No.. After the daycare informed her that the child was never dropped off, she said (to the daycare) "Did he leave him in the car?" It sounds like a) she knew he would leave him in the car or b) he has left the child in the car before. or c) she knew that he was the type to leave him in the car and she has picked him ( Cooper) up before when left in the car. SO, she suspected it with a 'telling' question that had nothing to do with the daycare calling her to inform he was never dropped off.

The previous poster was correct based on what was said in court today. She came in looking for the boy, when she was told that the husband never dropped him off, she went into a rant, repeatedly saying "He must have left him in the car" and even though they tried to dissuade her, according to the police detective's interview with one of the workers at the daycare center....T.J?......she kept repeating it over and over and she had one of the workers go with her to drive to her husband's workplace.

I think it's incredibly coincidental that she jumped right directly to that. People usually want to believe the best case, not worst case scenario. "Maybe he took him for a day out, or he took him to visiting family", some better explanation than "oh, he left the kid in the car." I don't know anyone who really thinks like that. Beyond everything else that makes me suspect that the mother had a lot more involvement in what happened to her son.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
The previous poster was correct based on what was said in court today. She came in looking for the boy, when she was told that the husband never dropped him off, she went into a rant, repeatedly saying "He must have left him in the car" and even though they tried to dissuade her, according to the police detective's interview with one of the workers at the daycare center....T.J?......she kept repeating it over and over and she had one of the workers go with her to drive to her husband's workplace.

I think it's incredibly coincidental that she jumped right directly to that. People usually want to believe the best case, not worst case scenario. "Maybe he took him for a day out, or he took him to visiting family", some better explanation than "oh, he left the kid in the car." I don't know anyone who really thinks like that. Beyond everything else that makes me suspect that the mother had a lot more involvement in what happened to her son.
Me too. I don't know of anyone that thinks that way, but most importantly, she almost says it like it's suppose to be some kind of normal behavior. That is what was confusing me. From her words at the funeral, to being quite calm at the funeral, to saying what a marvelous father Ross was.. while seeing scratches all over Coopers face-- to all the jumbled mess of communication coming from her with the high school bullying and selfish world..or, did you say too much? I really get kind of confused in all of this, at times.

By the way, the word 'selfish' in the term 'selfish world' at Coopers funeral. is another one of her telling/ranting choice of words as well. The only thing Ross seemed to be worried about after he was booked, was losing his job.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:39 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,663,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Attending church or worshiping God doesn't preclude you from being a dirtbag, just helps you hide it.
And the Southern Christians are the best when it comes to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Can we please put an end to the whole debate of whether the car seat was/is better in the front? I had my baby in the late '70s and his car seat was in the BACK, always. Guess what? I never once forgot him in his car seat which was in the backseat.

The problem is NOT where the car seat is located. The problem IS with inattentive and irresponsible parents and caregivers.

Whatever the reason for the lack of attention and responsibility toward these innocent children, it doesn't have anything to do with the location of the car seat! WAKE UP!!!
Exactly, what nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh my sweet Jebus. Two policies, googling 'child death in hot car'. What evil people they must be.

I'm trying to keep an open mind but their actions sure do seem guilty to me. Poor baby; he was adorable!

Ummm....if you don't think there is something wrong with having TWO insurance policies on a healthy young child, you're not the brightest bulb out there.

And why does anyone need to Google "child death in hot car"? You don't leave a child in a hot car, period.

Glad you won't be on the jury.

I will ad, I don't find it appropriate to be joking about this. This was planned, even if it was an accident(which it wasn't), it is nothing to joke about.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:51 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,663,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post

She kept repeating that because that was part of their plan, she was just going by the script.

I agree, that is very odd thing to say, most people would be in denial or hoping for the best. She was putting on a "show" for the daycare staff.

I predict an arrest very soon.

These too are very detached from this child between their words and their demeanor.

I also liked how he pretended to wipe away tears during his bond hearing today, except there was no water.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
She kept repeating that because that was part of their plan, she was just going by the script.

I agree, that is very odd thing to say, most people would be in denial or hoping for the best. She was putting on a "show" for the daycare staff.

I predict an arrest very soon.

These too are very detached from this child between their words and their demeanor.

I also liked how he pretended to wipe away tears during his bond hearing today, except there was no water.
You forgot one.. he said, "There was no malicious intent." He was counting on that statement to work in the very beginning, to get off the hook ( or they) so, some type of homework was done...because the reply of "there is no malicious intent" is not a normal reply.. so, that's another tell/glaring ( whatever) reply that goes right along with the other confusing funk for communication.

The detective said that when he told Harris he'd be charged with murder, Harris responded, "But there's no malicious intent."Judge: No bond for Ga. dad held in son's hot car death

Kilgore, Harris' defense attorney, had argued that there was no evidence that Harris was acting in a "willful, wanton" manner to warrant the "criminal negligence" necessary in the child cruelty charge. He argued that there was no evidence that Harris knew his son was in the SUV, and surveillance video proves that.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:32 AM

5,858 posts, read 6,933,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
fry this bastard and it is still too good for him.

Yep. Sometimes I think we need to bring back "Ol' Sparky". That ought to make potential sickos think twice.

I agree, he should fry. Even better, hog tie him and put him in a car in a mall parking lot in Pheonix Arizona in July. Let him feel what his son felt.

Old 07-04-2014, 05:19 AM

10,416 posts, read 7,500,235 times
When I sent my then infant son into surgery I cried my heart out thinking "What if". Fast forward to a year ago I'd heard disturbing things about my other son, who is now 21. I thought his life was in danger and I cried every single day for nearly a month until I knew he was not in danger after all. (after that I wanted to kill him) j/k

My point is, the natural reaction to a parent losing a child (or even a child in danger) is NOTHING like either one of these creeps' reactions.

They're sad and sorry once they get caught aren't they?

Old 07-04-2014, 06:19 AM

36,437 posts, read 41,684,911 times
My gut tells me they are both guilty as hell, planned it all out and are incredibly stupid and not informed about the modern world if they left incriminating searches and activity on their computers and phone.

However....I've learned there is no right or wrong way to express grief. Everybody is different and many times emotional expressions are cultural. I would hate to be found guilty of a crime I committed based on how I acted when attending a funeral of a loved one, how I reacted when I heard of a death or any other emotionally charged time. The most calculating murderer can fake a hysterical breakdown while the most innocent person can be in shock and have no reaction at all.

When my 50 year old mother heard my father died suddenly and unexpectedly her first reaction?....She asked the pastor who brought her the news to please help her get down the 32 cup coffee maker and help her set up the coffee station with plates and napkins and room for all the food she knew would be coming. She immediately went into hostess mode. It was probably a self preserving action because the news came out of the blue. She loved my father and was truly grieving but that was her reaction. Mine was to scream in shock and fall down.

Some people keep their feelings hidden from others. This does not mean they are any more guilty than you or I.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:25 AM

51,672 posts, read 12,658,163 times
They should put him in a car strapped in for several hours and let him bake to death!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events