U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2014, 07:16 PM

10,720 posts, read 16,915,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
Well- here's my 1/2 cents worth. At first, I felt sorry for the Dad thinking that he was just a dweeb who wasn't thinking straight. Now the rest of the muddy waters become clearer. Insurance Policies? Mother AND Father seemingly working together? Sexting while kid is dying or already dead in SUV? Checking on the Internet for how long it takes to die? And- also for what it's worth, I feel that BOTH of them are 1000% culpable and guilty on this one. And if either of them/both of them get off on a insanity plea defense, there's going to be justice one day. Leaving a child to ROAST to death in a strapped seat means that a bullet or a syringe or a hanging is too good for these monsters. Both of them. Monsters. Giving birth to only take out a policy to later kill him? They say the Father had a lot of debts and the Mother was upset over his debts. "So Honey, what do you think? Should we go ahead and make it look like Cooper died accidentally? We need the money". Deliberate Pre-Meditated MURDER. Not an accident, not a "mistake" oh my goodness I forgot my son.. I don't watch the news, see most of what I've posted here from Internet sources. But one thing in vastly clear-That child died a HORRENDOUS HORRIBLE death. And I'm not glad what happened, just that he's in Heaven and no longer has to live with Monsters..And even if the Father is a moron, which I don't believe for one second he is if he's got a degree and held jobs- She yanked him around by the short ones to get him to do this. Mark my words. She's the leader, he's the Forest Gump. Stupid is as Stupid does.
I share your opinion. Initially, I felt sorry for the father but based on new evidence, it's pretty evident to me, that he intended to kill this child. There are a lot of sick people in this world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 07:39 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,053,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
A lot of details about the case can be found here in the local paper -- Marietta Daily Journal.

-- Cooper's teacher from day care emailed the father that day! Nothing about the content, though.
-- Officials smelled 'decomp" in the car an hour after Cooper was discovered. WHY didn't the father smell anything when he opened the door??
-- Father stated "I dreaded how he would look" after telling someone that Cooper looked "peaceful" (not so!). Why would he surmise how Cooper would look?
-- Father had to look right several times during the short drive from KFC to work -- impossible to not see Cooper -- even says he was too big for the car seat.
-- Father told officials that he left work early to avoid traffic, but he actually made plans to see a movie with friends.
-- $25K insurance police was purchased a few months after Cooper was born. Another $2K policy from Home Depot (date unknown). At least it wasn't purchased last month!
There is something demonic going on here as well. I think the father smelled the decomp when opening the door at lunch, to make sure the child was dead and used the the $2 light bulbs for an alibi. The fact that he was sexting 17 year olds, means he didn't have a conscience AT ALL when it comes to kids.

HLN live-blogged the hearing and the report they've produced is shocking. Up until now Harris has been painted as a father who got careless, but new evidence shows that he had actively been visiting child-free forums, cheating on his wife, and telling one woman that he was sexting that he had "no conscience.
http://jezebel.com/toddler-dying-in-...ent-1599937518

He is going to use "no conscience" for an alibi in the future, I think.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 07-04-2014 at 07:48 PM..

Old 07-04-2014, 10:42 PM

3,966 posts, read 9,185,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
There is something demonic going on here as well. I think the father smelled the decomp when opening the door at lunch, to make sure the child was dead and used the the $2 light bulbs for an alibi. The fact that he was sexting 17 year olds, means he didn't have a conscience AT ALL when it comes to kids.

HLN live-blogged the hearing and the report they've produced is shocking. Up until now Harris has been painted as a father who got careless, but new evidence shows that he had actively been visiting child-free forums, cheating on his wife, and telling one woman that he was sexting that he had "no conscience.
Prosecutors: Justin Harris Sexted While Son Slowly Died in Hot Car

He is going to use "no conscience" for an alibi in the future, I think.
I don't understand the "dead end" mentality of these children killers. At anytime you don't want your child because you don't love them or think they are too much, go to your closest police station and turn them in. Release custody right there and then. If they are babies, they can be dropped off at any fire station. They had internet access, they could have searched for this ****. COME ON!

I can't even imagine EVER doing this even in the worst times. I am in worst times and I can't even fathom it.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:50 PM

15,813 posts, read 13,280,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
Father Charged With Murder for Leaving Son in Hot Car for Seven Hours

awful scenario all around, unless it was intentional (awful still but different)

how do you forget another human is within 2 feet of you
I don't know if it's been given yet but the best piece of advice I have heard is to keep a large stuffed animal in the car seat so that every time you put the child in the car you have to move the stuffed animal to the FRONT seat. It provides a visual reminder in your sight line.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:04 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,053,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
I don't understand the "dead end" mentality of these children killers. At anytime you don't want your child because you don't love them or think they are too much, go to your closest police station and turn them in. Release custody right there and then. If they are babies, they can be dropped off at any fire station. They had internet access, they could have searched for this ****. COME ON!

I can't even imagine EVER doing this even in the worst times. I am in worst times and I can't even fathom it.

I am glad you can't. I am most happy that you can't.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:18 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,760,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I don't know if it's been given yet but the best piece of advice I have heard is to keep a large stuffed animal in the car seat so that every time you put the child in the car you have to move the stuffed animal to the FRONT seat. It provides a visual reminder in your sight line.
That's also a good way of getting your window smashed and the stuffed animal stolen. Not a good idea to leave anything in the car that is visible and someone might view as worth taking.

What is so difficult about remembering you have a child in the car?

They're not driving a school bus are they with the child in the last row? Turn around and look at the car. Get in the habit of looking at your car and using your key ring to lock the car.

Maybe this is the same reason you now see people crossing the street, texting, not even bothering to look and see if a car is coming, and stepping off the curb? I'm amazed when I see this, and it's not just younger people.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:52 AM

36,438 posts, read 41,883,522 times
I'll list them again:

1) leave your left shoe in the backseat . Nobody is going to leave the car without their shoes on.

2) leave your cell phone or briefcase or purse in the backseat with your child.

But I too don't understand how anyone who LOVES their child could forget them. I've been a parent for 33 years and all 4 children are permanently in my mind....all day and all night. And when they were young my constant thought was their health and wellbeing. It was strong and constant. I cannot wrap my mind around this concept of forgetting that your precious child is in the backseat.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:55 AM

33,249 posts, read 12,732,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I usually always go straight to worst case scenario when something happens, but I would never automatically think that my SO just left our child in the car. Since they had texted earlier in the day about her picking him up from daycare my first reaction would be to tell the daycare that there must be a mistake, and I would probably blame them for not knowing where my child was.

This case just gets more and more bizarre as they release new evidence.
Doesn't it though?

Their reactions just seem so off.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:20 AM

3,510 posts, read 2,814,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post

Or you know, you could just act like your kids are the equivalent of a suitcase filled with a million dollars. Nobody would ever leave that sitting out in open sight or forget about it.

I can't wrap my mind around how people can forget their own child.Sometimes I wonder if all the technology we rely on is making us less mentally aware and reducing our overall focus, making people a lot more absentminded because of all the many distractions we voluntarily introduce into our lives. Supposedly frequent use of the internet is making us functionally dumber, maybe this is just a consequence of that.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 AM

13,488 posts, read 9,692,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Or you know, you could just act like your kids are the equivalent of a suitcase filled with a million dollars. Nobody would ever leave that sitting out in open sight or forget about it.

I can't wrap my mind around how people can forget their own child.Sometimes I wonder if all the technology we rely on is making us less mentally aware and reducing our overall focus, making people a lot more absentminded because of all the many distractions we voluntarily introduce into our lives. Supposedly frequent use of the internet is making us functionally dumber, maybe this is just a consequence of that.

+100

Not necessarily in this case, because many of us are leaning toward pre-meditation here (just an opinion), but a good observation overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events