U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-06-2014, 01:19 PM
 
16,785 posts, read 19,668,038 times
Reputation: 33232

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
While we don't know all the facts, it does seem factual that both parents Googled how long it takes for an animal/baby to die in a hot car. Supposedly they did this because they were worried that they could forget their son. (And Law of Attraction people would say that this fear then manifested in it actually happening since your thoughts result in things happening---I don't believe it).

But---if they were afraid of forgetting their kid, why didn't they research ways to prevent it from happening, like some folks suggested here with the teddy bear in the front seat or driving with the left shoe off? And isn't there a way to set a timer/alert on a phone to remind you to do something?
They were both researching it because they weren't trying to prevent anything, they were trying to figure out how long it would take(which is sick).

That's why the husband went down at noon to see if the child was dead yet.

You can't possibly forget you have a child in the car seat when you just put that child in the car seat and than drove less than a mile to work. Not possible.

And as one poster pointed out, he backed into the parking space.

He had to have turned around to do that.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2014, 01:55 PM
 
2,603 posts, read 542,907 times
Reputation: 6469
But what I don't understand is why they would have thought $27,000 was worth their child's life and a jail sentence (the father looked up how to survive in jail, so it's not like he was 100% convinced that he could get off). It's not like it was a 5 million dollar policy where the father would never have to work again. And if they had financial problems before, just imagine the legal fees.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2014, 03:22 PM
 
Location: southern kansas
7,630 posts, read 5,123,287 times
Reputation: 16435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
While we don't know all the facts, it does seem factual that both parents Googled how long it takes for an animal/baby to die in a hot car. Supposedly they did this because they were worried that they could forget their son. (And Law of Attraction people would say that this fear then manifested in it actually happening since your thoughts result in things happening---I don't believe it).

But---if they were afraid of forgetting their kid, why didn't they research ways to prevent it from happening, like some folks suggested here with the teddy bear in the front seat or driving with the left shoe off? And isn't there a way to set a timer/alert on a phone to remind you to do something?
Looking up how long it takes to die in a hot car (for preventative purposes) doesn't make any sense, at least to me. Any reasonably intelligent person is going to know it's going to be fatal, so what difference does it make how long it takes. That's like saying " Google said it takes 3 hrs for someone to die in a hot car, so I can leave my kid in the car for 2hrs & 45 min and be ok". No, any caring parent would not intentionally leave a child in a hot car for any length of time, so there's no reason to 'Google' the time factor unless you were going to do it on purpose.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2014, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,798,050 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Looking up how long it takes to die in a hot car (for preventative purposes) doesn't make any sense, at least to me. Any reasonably intelligent person is going to know it's going to be fatal, so what difference does it make how long it takes. That's like saying " Google said it takes 3 hrs for someone to die in a hot car, so I can leave my kid in the car for 2hrs & 45 min and be ok". No, any caring parent would not intentionally leave a child in a hot car for any length of time, so there's no reason to 'Google' the time factor unless you were going to do it on purpose.


This.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2014, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Greenbelt, MD
8,600 posts, read 6,120,610 times
Reputation: 42368
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
They were both researching it because they weren't trying to prevent anything, they were trying to figure out how long it would take(which is sick).

That's why the husband went down at noon to see if the child was dead yet.

You can't possibly forget you have a child in the car seat when you just put that child in the car seat and than drove less than a mile to work. Not possible.

And as one poster pointed out, he backed into the parking space.

He had to have turned around to do that.
I never look behind me when parking. I use my mirrors only.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2014, 08:14 PM
 
126 posts, read 156,717 times
Reputation: 89
When this SICK and TWISTED EVIL SCUM went to his car, opened the door and put light bulbs on the passenger seat on his lunch break, there would be NO way he did not smell his dead baby. By that time, the baby was cooked from the inside. Let me break it down how this poor poor baby suffered to death. Your internal organs start shutting down, you literally cook from the inside! Once dehydration sets in and the organs fail, the bladder goes too. The stool and urine comes out of the body as the body breaks down! Seizures happen, which is why the baby had scratches on his face and head! He was PANICKING!! Screaming! Calling out for his MOMMY and DADDY who he THOUGHT LOVED and CARED for him and they weren't COMING!!! These evil scum will ROT in hell! GOD knows what happened. That baby is in HEAVEN now. I truly believe this. These Evil scums of parents souls will ROT. I can only hope they die the same way to see what trauma it feels like! The mother is involved too. Her blank stares, her calm reaction about how her husband "must have left Cooper in the car" like it was no big deal! How she mentioned at her baby's funeral that she would not want him to come back to life! She had searches on her phone/computer as well on how long it would take to kill a baby in a car! Bottom line, there is NO WAY that sick father didn't smell the body of his son once he opened the door to the car. He was just looking to see if he was dead yet! UGH.. MAKES me SICK! I would like to throw him in a cell and beat the living crap out of him!!! AND HIS SICK WIFE.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2014, 08:57 AM
 
799 posts, read 915,189 times
Reputation: 778
i'm not sure if there is a death penalty in the state this happened but i hope there isn't and both get locked up with the general population for life. they will get a daily dose of justice everyday, and i wouldn't put it passed the guards to turn the other way in this case.

it seems there has been a huge influx of truly horrible crimes committed lately but this one stands out to me as the worst.

maybe because i'm a new father of a 3mo and could not imagine life without her now.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2014, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Chapel Hill, N.C.
36,437 posts, read 41,696,241 times
Reputation: 47025
child molesters and abusers are the very low of the totem pole in prison. They will be dealt their own kind of justice there.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2014, 10:14 AM
 
16,785 posts, read 19,668,038 times
Reputation: 33232
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
But what I don't understand is why they would have thought $27,000 was worth their child's life and a jail sentence (the father looked up how to survive in jail, so it's not like he was 100% convinced that he could get off). It's not like it was a 5 million dollar policy where the father would never have to work again. And if they had financial problems before, just imagine the legal fees.
Look at them. You're talking about southern white trash, they're not the sharpest knives in the drawer. She said in the police station to him "did you say too much", he was telling family from jail to collect the insurance money(too stupid to know the insurance company isn't going to pay when you're going to trail).

They're evil, but they're not that bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Looking up how long it takes to die in a hot car (for preventative purposes) doesn't make any sense, at least to me. Any reasonably intelligent person is going to know it's going to be fatal, so what difference does it make how long it takes. That's like saying " Google said it takes 3 hrs for someone to die in a hot car, so I can leave my kid in the car for 2hrs & 45 min and be ok". No, any caring parent would not intentionally leave a child in a hot car for any length of time, so there's no reason to 'Google' the time factor unless you were going to do it on purpose.
Exactly, no reason to Google this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I never look behind me when parking. I use my mirrors only.
Regardless, you would still look in the rear view mirror.

Besides he drove less than a mile with the boy in the car, after placing him in the car at the Chick Fil A, not possible to forget you did that on a drive that was less than five minutes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2014, 10:47 AM
 
2,864 posts, read 6,262,790 times
Reputation: 5113
I have a hard time with the concept that TWO people can get to this sort of a place in their thinking (assuming that the Mom is guilty as well). I understand (though obviously don't agree with) how one evil person cooks up some stupid plan, but how can two people both agree that something like this was an option worth following through on. It seems like as soon as the first person (mom or dad) voiced this plan that the other would serve as a moral check and balance and it wouldnt get carried out.

There are evil people in this world, but for two of them to meet, marry, bear children and mutually agree to torture and kill their baby is beyond imagination.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top