U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 10:48 AM

16,416 posts, read 27,928,273 times

Advertisements

A month after Cooper Harris's tragic death, another father in CT did the exact same thing! How SICK!

Death of Connecticut child left in car ruled a homicide - CNN.com

Quote:
On July 7, Kyle Seitz was supposed to drop his son off at day care in Ridgefield, Connecticut, but the drop-off never occurred, his wife, Lindsey Rogers-Seitz told CNN last month.

Seitz drove to work, and at the end of the day he went to pick Ben up at day care, only to realize he was not there.

That was when Seitz found his son in the car. He rushed the child to the hospital, but Ben had died.
However, Kyle Seitz may get away with it and not be charged:
Quote:
Despite the medical examiner's ruling, the decision about whether to press criminal charges is made by the state's attorney, said CNN Legal Analyst Paul Callan.

"The use of the word 'homicide' in an autopsy report, though often seen in connection with criminal cases, does not necessarily mean that criminal charges will be lodged against the father," Callan said.
Death of Benjamin Seitz, Ridgefield toddler left in hot car, ruled a homicide - News 12 Connecticut
Quote:
Police say the boy died July 7 after his father, Kyle Seitz, left him in the backseat of his car in near 90-degree heat. Police say Seitz forgot to drop the boy off at day care. Seitz discovered Benjamin that afternoon before taking him to the hospital.
RIP little Benjamin Seitz, you died way too young in a horrible manner!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 11:03 AM

36,434 posts, read 41,620,437 times
I wonder how many of these marriages survive after something like this.

I'm sorry- I'm just as busy as the next guy and have just as much, if not more than anybody else. I simply cannot wrap my mind around anybody forgetting a child in a car. At least when people do it to a dog they think cracking the window 2 inches is enough and they are just incredibly ignorant. But how can anybody forget their CHILD is left in the car? If they are so scattered brained how can they manage to get to work? How can they hold a job? I just don't get it.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:12 AM

7,183 posts, read 7,515,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

I'm sorry- I'm just as busy as the next guy and have just as much, if not more than anybody else. I simply cannot wrap my mind around anybody forgetting a child in a car. At least when people do it to a dog they think cracking the window 2 inches is enough and they are just incredibly ignorant. But how can anybody forget their CHILD is left in the car? If they are so scattered brained how can they manage to get to work? How can they hold a job? I just don't get it.
So True!
I wonder where all the people went in this thread that was, defending the Dad and sympathizing with him leaving his son in the car

Old 08-25-2014, 06:25 AM

36,434 posts, read 41,620,437 times
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/co/2014/co140825.gif

Old 09-04-2014, 12:14 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,037,769 times
Dad in Georgia Hot Car Death Charged With Murder - ABC News

Old 09-04-2014, 08:12 PM

2,079 posts, read 2,008,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

I agree. You have to wonder what else they forget. I mean, if you are so dense as to forget you have your child with you - well, how good a parent can you really be?????

Old 09-05-2014, 05:05 AM

19,237 posts, read 11,137,433 times
I think somebody who has the brains-- take my idea --make billions and save a child- put a sensor that goes off 5 minutes after car is shut off and door is locked -sets off all the alarms as the weight is sensed in the car seat etc. simple.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:44 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,022,700 times
I wonder why we haven't been hearing anything more on the progression of this case? I tried looking on Google, and it's a bunch of old info.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:13 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,177,876 times
Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot car death - CNN.com

Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death + 32 years.

New thread since conviction
U.S. Dad Sentenced to Life in Prison Without Parole for Leaving Toddler Son to Die in Hot Car

Old 12-15-2016, 05:21 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,457,966 times
Thumbs down  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25

how do you forget another human is within 2 feet of you
Anything is possible with the braindead masses roaming around now!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events