Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 07:45 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I personally hope it was to drug the kid. Not that drugging kids is good, but... Its just horrible to even think of the pain and confusion the poor kid might have went through during his final hours if he was fully alert. So I'd much rather the child have been passed out asleep and not know what was going on.

Also, I wasn't implying that he drugged the baby ( toxicology will show the results if he was drugged or not) I was trying to imply "the last supper" as a last union ( or out of love or whatever) or to eat.. to endure his forthcoming pain.

I said it was a dark thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 08:33 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,487,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I do think this has something to do with religion..

Leanna went on to say she would not bring Cooper back into this selfish world. She said she'll miss her son forever, but now he will not have to deal with heartbreak, worry about awkward stages or deal with middle or high school.

Cobb County father makes jailhouse call to son

(That should be a dead give-away. All she focuses on is 3-5 years from now?) Her son wasn't even in school..........
That's a very odd statement for a mother to make. It's one thing to want to believe in your husband, but to basically say that your son is better off dead than having to deal with awkward stages or middle and high school? That would make my blood run cold.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Also, I wasn't implying that he drugged the baby ( toxicology will show the results if he was drugged or not)
I never said you did, I just said that is what I would hope the meal was about. Not that it was anything good....

Quote:
I was trying to imply "the last supper" as a last union ( or out of love or whatever) or to eat.. to endure his forthcoming pain.
Out of love?

Old 06-29-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
That's a very odd statement for a mother to make. It's one thing to want to believe in your husband, but to basically say that your son is better off dead than having to deal with awkward stages or middle and high school? That would make my blood run cold.
Well, I know. I mean, what the hell? What does this incident have to with the baby being bullied in high school or jr. high school? The baby was not even two years old.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:10 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:

Leanna went on to say she would not bring Cooper back into this selfish world. She said she'll miss her son forever, but now he will not have to deal with heartbreak, worry about awkward stages or deal with middle or high school.

(That should be a dead give-away. All she focuses on is 3-5 years from now?) Her son wasn't even in school..........
This is very similar to a statement Patsy Ramsey made about Jonbenet's death: "She'll never have to know cancer or the loss of a child..."

In both cases, it appears the mothers were speaking about themselves and projecting their own issues onto their tragically deceased children.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
This is very similar to a statement Patsy Ramsey made about Jonbenet's death: "She'll never have to know cancer or the loss of a child..."

In both cases, it appears the mothers were speaking about themselves and projecting their own issues onto their tragically deceased children.
yes.. so the statement of the 'high/middle school' being thrown in at the funeral of baby Cobb, means something about an unforeseeable future. The mother acts like this was 'a gift of kindness' from her husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
In this case, the baby's blood would have ran hot.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:36 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,934,927 times
I really think this mother is speaking from a state of shock and grief. It sounded to me like she was trying to find something positive to latch on to. I really don't think she had anything at all to do with this. I bet that if the facts of this case become more damning, what she says will change as she begins to absorb the details of this tragedy.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:32 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I personally hope it was to drug the kid. Not that drugging kids is good, but... Its just horrible to even think of the pain and confusion the poor kid might have went through during his final hours if he was fully alert. So I'd much rather the child have been passed out asleep and not know what was going on.
I agree, as horrible as that is, going to sleep would be better than being aware. The whole thing makes me sick. As I am sure it does others.

Quote:

That is a very odd thing for a mother to say who just lost a child. And you're right, why is she looking so far ahead. I have a feeling we are going to find out she is involved as well.

Between this and defending the husband and saying she's not mad at him, that's not normal. Even if it was just a tragic accident, you would still be upset with the negligent adult involved.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:39 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
I really think this mother is speaking from a state of shock and grief. It sounded to me like she was trying to find something positive to latch on to. I really don't think she had anything at all to do with this. I bet that if the facts of this case become more damning, what she says will change as she begins to absorb the details of this tragedy.
Than you know what? As in other tragic situations have another family member or close family friend handle the communication.

That it is just too raw for you, so you have a family representative speak at the funeral and handle any dealings with the media.

Where are her parents? Or siblings? Someone needs to pull her aside and tell her she's not helping the situation with comments like that.

It has come out that she also was researching online how long it takes for a child to die in a hot car, why was she doing that?

Old 06-29-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I agree, as horrible as that is, going to sleep would be better than being aware. The whole thing makes me sick. As I am sure it does others.

That is a very odd thing for a mother to say who just lost a child. And you're right, why is she looking so far ahead. I have a feeling we are going to find out she is involved as well.

Between this and defending the husband and saying she's not mad at him, that's not normal. Even if it was just a tragic accident, you would still be upset with the negligent adult involved.
That is why I said she wasn't attached. She obviously doesn't miss the child and everything is just 'peachy'. Oh, BTW ( she says)-- my child won't experience Christmas, or his second birthday, or high school bullying.... no big deal. I've just had him in my life for two years and it was, what it was. Oh well, it's not my problem as my special 'numb nuts', drove him to his death. He is with the lord now.'

So, her husband tries to revive his baby when he is completely blue? Really?

---------------------------

Eastland was eating in a restaurant Wednesday afternoon when she went outside, planning to plug her cellphone in inside her car. That’s when she heard the sound of screeching tires and watched helplessly as a man got out of his SUV and frantically tried to revive his 22-month-old son. Others in the busy parking lot also tried to help, but it was too late.

When she saw a man pulling his toddler out of the backseat of an SUV, a Cobb County woman said she knew right away something was wrong. The boy wasn’t the right color and didn’t appear to be breathing, the witness told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
“I knew something was wrong,” Artiyka Eastland, 25, of Smyrna, said Monday afternoon. “I didn’t want to get too close. I was emotional, just from afar.”

Autopsy results may answer questions in toddler
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events