Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2014, 09:31 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
My gut tells me they are both guilty as hell, planned it all out and are incredibly stupid and not informed about the modern world if they left incriminating searches and activity on their computers and phone.

The husband seems dumb as heck, just a goofy good old boy type. I feel like the mom had more to do with planning this out than he did. He seems more like the type to follow and she seems more like the cold, calculating type. Just based on their comments it seems like she'd be more in charge and he'd just do whatever he was told pretty much.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-04-2014 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 09:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
The most telling thing I heard today was when the police informed him that he was being charged with murder and his response was "but there was no negligent intent." Who says something like that? Then when his wife went directly to see him instead of going to see the baby and asked him right away "did you tell them too much?" More and more it seems like they were working in concert and if there's any evidence that implicates her, I hope she gets her just dessert too.
Did you see her in the courtroom? I saw no sadness/distress over the death of her son whatsoever. I believe she was in on this 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
fry this bastard and it is still too good for him.

Yep. Sometimes I think we need to bring back "Ol' Sparky". That ought to make potential sickos think twice.
In this case, bring it back for both Mom and Dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
And the Southern Christians are the best when it comes to that.

Exactly, what nonsense.

Ummm....if you don't think there is something wrong with having TWO insurance policies on a healthy young child, you're not the brightest bulb out there.

And why does anyone need to Google "child death in hot car"? You don't leave a child in a hot car, period.

Glad you won't be on the jury.

I will ad, I don't find it appropriate to be joking about this. This was planned, even if it was an accident(which it wasn't), it is nothing to joke about.
Well, seeing as how I was AGREEING with you - I submit that YOU must not be the brightest bulb out there.

I was NOT joking about the death of this beautiful baby boy - so please up your reading comprehension.

I imagine my beautiful son dying in that manner and it makes me ILL.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:18 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,645,825 times
Quote:
The husband seems dumb as heck, just a goofy good old boy type. I feel like the mom had more to do with planning this out than he did. He seems more like the type to follow and she seems more like the cold, calculating type. Just based on their comments it seems like she'd be more in charge and he'd just do whatever he was told pretty much.
I tend to agree. She seems to be the mastermind, sitting in the back at his hearing, chewing gum, not looking very agitated, while he sits there in a dumb funk, looking like an overgrown child with a near-flat affect as they go through what went on. He tells one of his "sexters" that he has "no conscience." At least he was right about one thing. I believe he is insane -- he got a BA degree in 2012, worked as a police dispatcher in Alabama before moving to Atlanta. Reminds me of Ted Bundy.

Gee, I bet they were really looking forward to this "child-free" July 4th weekend, don't you?

Old 07-04-2014, 11:44 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times
Quote:
I think it's incredibly coincidental that she jumped right directly to that. People usually want to believe the best case, not worst case scenario. "Maybe he took him for a day out, or he took him to visiting family", some better explanation than "oh, he left the kid in the car." I don't know anyone who really thinks like that. Beyond everything else that makes me suspect that the mother had a lot more involvement in what happened to her son.
I usually always go straight to worst case scenario when something happens, but I would never automatically think that my SO just left our child in the car. Since they had texted earlier in the day about her picking him up from daycare my first reaction would be to tell the daycare that there must be a mistake, and I would probably blame them for not knowing where my child was.

This case just gets more and more bizarre as they release new evidence.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:47 AM

2,015 posts, read 1,646,991 times
Default scary

I think this kid was doomed from the moment he was born, one way or another these two would have found some way to kill this poor kid.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:08 PM

175 posts, read 606,956 times
Well- here's my 1/2 cents worth. At first, I felt sorry for the Dad thinking that he was just a dweeb who wasn't thinking straight. Now the rest of the muddy waters become clearer. Insurance Policies? Mother AND Father seemingly working together? Sexting while kid is dying or already dead in SUV? Checking on the Internet for how long it takes to die? And- also for what it's worth, I feel that BOTH of them are 1000% culpable and guilty on this one. And if either of them/both of them get off on a insanity plea defense, there's going to be justice one day. Leaving a child to ROAST to death in a strapped seat means that a bullet or a syringe or a hanging is too good for these monsters. Both of them. Monsters. Giving birth to only take out a policy to later kill him? They say the Father had a lot of debts and the Mother was upset over his debts. "So Honey, what do you think? Should we go ahead and make it look like Cooper died accidentally? We need the money". Deliberate Pre-Meditated MURDER. Not an accident, not a "mistake" oh my goodness I forgot my son.. I don't watch the news, see most of what I've posted here from Internet sources. But one thing in vastly clear-That child died a HORRENDOUS HORRIBLE death. And I'm not glad what happened, just that he's in Heaven and no longer has to live with Monsters..And even if the Father is a moron, which I don't believe for one second he is if he's got a degree and held jobs- She yanked him around by the short ones to get him to do this. Mark my words. She's the leader, he's the Forest Gump. Stupid is as Stupid does.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:24 PM

9,466 posts, read 10,793,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
Well- here's my 1/2 cents worth. At first, I felt sorry for the Dad thinking that he was just a dweeb who wasn't thinking straight. Now the rest of the muddy waters become clearer. Insurance Policies? Mother AND Father seemingly working together? Sexting while kid is dying or already dead in SUV? Checking on the Internet for how long it takes to die? And- also for what it's worth, I feel that BOTH of them are 1000% culpable and guilty on this one. And if either of them/both of them get off on a insanity plea defense, there's going to be justice one day. Leaving a child to ROAST to death in a strapped seat means that a bullet or a syringe or a hanging is too good for these monsters. Both of them. Monsters. Giving birth to only take out a policy to later kill him? They say the Father had a lot of debts and the Mother was upset over his debts. "So Honey, what do you think? Should we go ahead and make it look like Cooper died accidentally? We need the money". Deliberate Pre-Meditated MURDER. Not an accident, not a "mistake" oh my goodness I forgot my son.. I don't watch the news, see most of what I've posted here from Internet sources. But one thing in vastly clear-That child died a HORRENDOUS HORRIBLE death. And I'm not glad what happened, just that he's in Heaven and no longer has to live with Monsters..And even if the Father is a moron, which I don't believe for one second he is if he's got a degree and held jobs- She yanked him around by the short ones to get him to do this. Mark my words. She's the leader, he's the Forest Gump. Stupid is as Stupid does.
you may be right about her being the leader here. If this ends up being partly about money then it becomes even more pathetic. I think the total of insurance policies here is 25k, so is that what the poor kids life ended up being worth????? Were not talking about 100k or 1M, were talking about 25k, not exactly the amount usually involved in an insurance motivated murder. Also he had a good job, and the mother did too, so now they have thrown all that away to be "child free" In the end you will probably find that they felt caring for this little boy cramped their lifestyle, or lets call it the "casey Anthony motive". Worthless maggots, I hope they get the chair.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:12 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,065 times
A lot of details about the case can be found here in the local paper -- Marietta Daily Journal.

-- Cooper's teacher from day care emailed the father that day! Nothing about the content, though.
-- Officials smelled 'decomp" in the car an hour after Cooper was discovered. WHY didn't the father smell anything when he opened the door??
-- Father stated "I dreaded how he would look" after telling someone that Cooper looked "peaceful" (not so!). Why would he surmise how Cooper would look?
-- Father had to look right several times during the short drive from KFC to work -- impossible to not see Cooper -- even says he was too big for the car seat.
-- Father told officials that he left work early to avoid traffic, but he actually made plans to see a movie with friends.
-- $25K insurance police was purchased a few months after Cooper was born. Another $2K policy from Home Depot (date unknown). At least it wasn't purchased last month!

Old 07-04-2014, 01:58 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did you see her in the courtroom? I saw no sadness/distress over the death of her son whatsoever. I believe she was in on this 100%.

In this case, bring it back for both Mom and Dad.

Well, seeing as how I was AGREEING with you - I submit that YOU must not be the brightest bulb out there.

I was NOT joking about the death of this beautiful baby boy - so please up your reading comprehension.

I imagine my beautiful son dying in that manner and it makes me ILL.

Ringo1, I owe you an apology. I thought you were being sarcastic with your "Oh my sweet Jebus" comment.

Sorry, like you this whole thing make me sick.

I wish I didn't even know about it.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I tend to agree. She seems to be the mastermind, sitting in the back at his hearing, chewing gum, not looking very agitated, while he sits there in a dumb funk, looking like an overgrown child with a near-flat affect as they go through what went on. He tells one of his "sexters" that he has "no conscience." At least he was right about one thing. I believe he is insane -- he got a BA degree in 2012, worked as a police dispatcher in Alabama before moving to Atlanta. Reminds me of Ted Bundy.

Gee, I bet they were really looking forward to this "child-free" July 4th weekend, don't you?

I hope we see an arrest soon. I couldn't believe the chewing gum, she look bored. Your child is dead and you look bored.

I agree, she is the mastermind. Where she screwed up though is her scripted performance for the daycare workers. Her first words and thoughts were he is in the hot car, that's not normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events