U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2015, 10:42 AM

72 posts, read 27,661 times

Advertisements

Some of these comments are ridiculous. You really think you should just run over an animal because you're worried about slamming on your brakes. So just run them over? Like running full on into an adult deer or large animal couldn't cause a dangerous situation for all motorists. Nice lack of respect for wildlife for those saying they would just barrel into anything. And yes, you shouldn't put others in a dangerous situation like in this case, and exercise caution if you stop to help. I'm one of those people that does stop to help animals, but I won't endanger myself or others. I'm careful, and make sure I'm in a safe spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 01:42 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,986,577 times
I'd give her 20 years. A message must be sent to all these animal wackos.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:38 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,507,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I'd give her 20 years. A message must be sent to all these animal wackos.

I think a message should be sent to people like you that when a world is so full of people that we can't even stop what we're doing for a minute to aid in some helpless animals finding their way that we are INDEED an overpopulated world.

Are we going to keep breeding till we've crowded every other species out of existance ?

Old 12-26-2015, 02:46 PM
Status: "Busy being triggered by pumpkins" (set 5 days ago)

17,341 posts, read 8,536,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I think a message should be sent to people like you that when a world is so full of people that we can't even stop what we're doing for a minute to aid in some helpless animals finding their way that we are INDEED an overpopulated world.

Are we going to keep breeding till we've crowded every other species out of existance ?
In the start of the thread it was noted that the woman stopped in the passing lane. If that was changed along the way, I missed it, but trust someone will let me know.

The passing lane. Came to a full stop.

Are you okay with that? Because you don't state that you're not okay with it.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:47 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,507,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No. What's stupid is prosecuting this lady for the motorcyclist's mistake. He was speeding (this was presented in the case) and clearly not paying attention. NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON WAS THAT SHE WAS STOPPED (ducks, heart attack, stroke, child in the road, slurpee in the road, etc), he would have died.

The fact that in this case it was a stupid reason is irrelevant.

They are prosecuting the reason when in reality, the outcome would have been the same regardless of the reason.
I take issue with that mentality.
Thank you and I agree.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:52 PM

412 posts, read 293,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
In the start of the thread it was noted that the woman stopped in the passing lane. If that was changed along the way, I missed it, but trust someone will let me know.

The passing lane. Came to a full stop.

Are you okay with that? Because you don't state that you're not okay with it.
Wondering the same thing myself. She essentially murdered two innocent people in order to "do good." She deserves 20 years.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:54 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,130,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestArea View Post
Wondering the same thing myself. She essentially murdered two innocent people in order to "do good." She deserves 20 years.
Even if there was ZERO bad intent?? 20 years for that, but I bet if she got 20 years for some gun-related crime, there would be calls to reverse such an injustice

Old 12-26-2015, 02:59 PM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times
Stopping in the passing lane of a busy high speed expressway is a recipe for disaster,its amazing that more people werent killed. The woman was a moron and 2 people lost their lives as a consequence.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:03 PM

11,894 posts, read 6,556,592 times
Quote:
No intent, not murder. Perhaps you meant homicide or manslaughter?

Old 12-26-2015, 03:27 PM

42,204 posts, read 49,740,662 times
Quote:
Idiot on a donor cycle put HIS CHILD on same donor cycle and then speeds and doesn't bother to pay attention...and SHE deserves 20 years?

What about father of the year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or