U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:42 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,441,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
They were pits. The grandfather had about 10 of them, and he shot them himself after the attack. The family stated that the girl was playing in the kitchen and some of the dogs broke through the screen door to attack her. Of course this is what the family stated, so who knows what really happened since grandma is apparently a big liar.
True, and when was the last time anyone heard of a pack of dachshunds or maybe poodles breaking through a screen door to attack a child. If there is a dog is trying to break though a door to kill you, you can be about 99% sure that it's a pit bull, with out even seeing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 08:59 PM

48,944 posts, read 39,420,502 times
Holy thread derail batman!

Frankly, I'm torn on the issue because let's say the problem was really and accident and not neglect and they have no resouces to fix her.

Well, lying to get your daughter healed is IMO a whole lot better than the various waitresses that lied to get money for a car or a boob job (true story, didn't make the news but happened at my local watering hole. Gal got an old guy to pony up for boob job and then spent the money paying off her DUI. lol)

That said, I pray for the child. Best of luck kid.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:52 PM

11,088 posts, read 6,590,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Frankly, I'm torn on the issue because let's say the problem was really and accident and not neglect and they have no resouces to fix her.

Well, lying to get your daughter healed is IMO a whole lot better than the various waitresses that lied to get money for a car or a boob job (true story, didn't make the news but happened at my local watering hole. Gal got an old guy to pony up for boob job and then spent the money paying off her DUI. lol)
Its tragic that their daughter (or I guess granddaughter since the grandmother made up the lies) was injured, but that doesn't mean you screw with the lives of innocent people. The employees at the KFC received death threats, had things thrown at them while at work, and have had to deal with verbal harassment. I wouldn't be surprised if a few quiet their jobs and are now unemployed because of the backlash they had to deal with. They had nothing to do with this child being injured, yet people are boycotting not only KFC but Taco Bell and Pizza Hut since they're all owned by the same company. And the people who answer their customer complaint line? Its probably been nothing but angry people yelling at them since the story broke. And you know people from all over the country looked up the store's phone number and was probably calling them not stop as well.

And looking at their Facebook page now, their are a ton of comments with people saying they're STILL going to boycott their stores for not taking back the money and rewarding liars. KFC might be nasty, unhealthy fast food that raised f*cked up chickens, but that doesn't mean they deserve to be the target of some scam.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:53 PM

6,217 posts, read 8,370,173 times
Actually, it has not been proven a hoax. All that was said was a private investigator and KFC found no "evidence" to support the claim of the family. Just because they don't find evidence does not mean it didn't happen.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:37 PM

11,088 posts, read 6,590,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Actually, it has not been proven a hoax. All that was said was a private investigator and KFC found no "evidence" to support the claim of the family. Just because they don't find evidence does not mean it didn't happen.
But it kind of does mean it didn't happen. They aren't anywhere on the security footage, there is no order from that day that consisted of mashed potatoes and sweet tea, they originally claimed to be at a store that has been closed for a few years now, and they wait almost a month to say anything about the incident. If that was my child, I would first have the name of every person working in the restaurant that day (so I could say Suzie came up to us and said... and not just some lady came up to us), I would have not only called corporate, but also written numerous emails and letters complaining until the issue was resolved. I would also probably put something on their Facebook page so others would know how s***** the employees are. After all those calls/emails/letters I would have the store number memorized. There wouldn't be any uh... Was the store on Woodrow Wilson or was it on States street? I went to McDonalds about a month ago, nothing memorable about the trip, and I still know that I went to the one on Jefferson and not some other location. Heck, last time I went to Burger King was over a year ago and I can still remember that the last time I went was the location on Olive. But they can't remember which location supposedly kicked out this girl for being too scary?

Old 06-25-2014, 03:15 AM

3,138 posts, read 3,960,317 times
Here's the latest on that story, from the Clarion Ledger, the main paper in Jackson, where the KFC incident happened (or didn't): Grandma, lawyer stand by KFC story

Frankly, a fast food outlet and its parking lot can have frontage or outlets on two or even three streets. And if it's an outparcel set within a large strip center, or its parking lot links to adjacent lots, then it would be easy to name one of FOUR streets as the one it's "on". And it's hard, often, to distinguish, particularly in older, blighted areas, between parking lots and streets. So, I can see how a person could get mixed up. North Jackson's commercial areas are vast, ugly seas of asphalt, that have been resurfaced so many times, it all sort of flows together like a giant oil slick. It's hard to get your bearings.

And it is sickening to me, to see loving Pit Bulls, the renowned Nanny Dogs, taking the fall, yet again. For all we know, a Dingo may have gotten into the trailer. Yes, the Pitt Bulls were seen dragging the child from the trailer by her legs. But that's because a Dingo possibly had hold of her face. Maybe they were dragging her to safety. Has anyone considered that a Dingo, or maybe even a Swamp Ape, may have been the real culprit? What choice did those darling wigglebutt Pitties have, but to crash through that screened door, to rescue the child from the possible Dingo?

And the thanks they get for their dogly heroism? They all get shot dead. It is a travesty, I tell you! If not for those self-sacrificing Nanny Dogs, that child's family might now be having to say, " "A Dingo ate our baby!"

Old 06-25-2014, 03:55 AM

3,720 posts, read 4,442,010 times
I'm glad I didn't jump on that bandwagon of outrage. When you think about it, who working at KFC or anywhere else would do such a thing? What customer would complain about such nonsense? The person who made up this story and financially profited should be prosecuted. KFC needs to forget about paying for surgery too.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:11 AM

3,720 posts, read 4,442,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

That said, I pray for the child. Best of luck kid.
We don't know that the money would have been used for the child.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:58 AM

3,194 posts, read 4,241,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
They were pits. The grandfather had about 10 of them, and he shot them himself after the attack. The family stated that the girl was playing in the kitchen and some of the dogs broke through the screen door to attack her. Of course this is what the family stated, so who knows what really happened since grandma is apparently a big liar.
Sounds like everything this family has done will come into question and everything they do in the future will come into question. Now maybe they're not the type to really care about their word or reputation but it's not something I think most of us would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And looking at their Facebook page now, their are a ton of comments with people saying they're STILL going to boycott their stores for not taking back the money and rewarding liars. KFC might be nasty, unhealthy fast food that raised f*cked up chickens, but that doesn't mean they deserve to be the target of some scam.
Because people for whatever reason just want to stick it to "the man" and not think through it logically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
We don't know that the money would have been used for the child.
With the way this story is going, I would be surprised if any of the money was spent on the child.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:53 AM

613 posts, read 570,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
The little girl's face isn't all that messed up to cause anyone to shrink in horror from her appearance, thank god. I was avoiding clicking on any links because I was afraid she looked like that poor woman who had her face ripped off by that pet chimp. I am sorry the child lost an eye in the attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events