Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 08:57 AM

624 posts, read 761,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I'm glad I didn't jump on that bandwagon of outrage. When you think about it, who working at KFC or anywhere else would do such a thing? What customer would complain about such nonsense? The person who made up this story and financially profited should be prosecuted. KFC needs to forget about paying for surgery too.
I hope they take the high road and pay for the child's surgery in spite of the actions of her nutty Maw Maw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 09:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,526,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
I hope they take the high road and pay for the child's surgery in spite of the actions of her nutty Maw Maw.
Why should KFC pay for surgery? They have nothing to do with any of this.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:51 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,047,209 times
Too bad the original point of the thread was hijacked by a bunch of dog haters...honestly if you don't like dogs, it's simple, don't get one. The rest of us who like dogs, even pit bulls, mastiffs, etc. will continue to love dogs. Personally, I don't trust people who don't like dogs.
I like them even though I was bit on the ass, hard by a German Shepard and had my hand ripped open by a Doberman Pincher. The dobbie bit me because I was five and fidgeting around her pups, so I see why it happened. Oh and I had two poodle crosses bite me I was breaking up a fight the poodles started. So all you I hate this, I hate that, it should be outlawed kiss off, get a life. People like myself will continue to fight your hateful attitude.

Now, as for the hoax, it's too bad people would use a tragedy and try to cash in on it. I hope they are prosecuted.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why should KFC pay for surgery? They have nothing to do with any of this.
KFC can certainly afford to pay, and if corporate offered to pay they should go ahead with the surgery. It will make KFC look very benevolent, and it's probably the only way that poor kid will get any kind of reconstructive surgery.

That's why. JMO

Old 06-25-2014, 10:00 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,047,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
KFC can certainly afford to pay, and if corporate offered to pay they should go ahead with the surgery. It will make KFC look very benevolent, and it's probably the only way that poor kid will get any kind of reconstructive surgery.

That's why. JMO
It's a kind action on part of a corporation, but I think grandma should face some sort of penalty.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:02 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,955,366 times
While KFC Corp Can afford (not that i want my shareholder $'s going to that) Most are franchise and to that store owner, S/He may not be able to pay the 10's - 100's Thousand of $'s.

They don't give $'s to the Person, they give it to the "Hospital" so its tax deductible.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
It's a kind action on part of a corporation, but I think grandma should face some sort of penalty.
I totally agree.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
While KFC Corp Can afford (not that i want my shareholder $'s going to that) Most are franchise and to that store owner, S/He may not be able to pay the 10's - 100's Thousand of $'s.

They don't give $'s to the Person, they give it to the "Hospital" so its tax deductible.
I'm assuming Yum Foods would be the ones footing the bill. Of course they would pay the hospital directly. Maw Maw would blow that money on Precious Moments figurines, we all know that...

Old 06-25-2014, 11:31 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,968,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
They donated the money to the gofundme account that the aunt set up. The aunt would have the money.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:35 AM

1,248 posts, read 2,161,935 times
I feel so bad for that little girl. Not only does she have to suffer because of her injuries, but now her grandma has made her the poster child of a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events