Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:10 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I can't stand pit bulls, they can't be trusted and i'm sick of hearing "oh, it's how they're raised". They're nasty vicious dogs, i would never own one.
That is assuming they were pits; people and the media have a habit of labeling every mutt attack a "pit bull" attack. Heck, there were even posters on this forum stating the dog the "hero cat" ran off was a pit bull.

From the details of the attack, seems this was the stereotypical "trailer trash" family with ten, almost feral, if not slightly abused dogs. I highly doubt they at all were pure pits (if a pit at all), but everyone and their brother will make sure to label almost any mutt a "pit" or "pit mix" (like what about the other mixes in it?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 01:24 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,165,649 times
They were pits. The grandfather had about 10 of them, and he shot them himself after the attack. The family stated that the girl was playing in the kitchen and some of the dogs broke through the screen door to attack her. Of course this is what the family stated, so who knows what really happened since grandma is apparently a big liar.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:31 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,559,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
They were pits. The grandfather had about 10 of them, and he shot them himself after the attack. The family stated that the girl was playing in the kitchen and some of the dogs broke through the screen door to attack her. Of course this is what the family stated, so who knows what really happened since grandma is apparently a big liar.
That is impossible. Posters on here have assured us that all Pits have a sweet disposition and wouldn't hurt a flea.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,486,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
That is impossible. Posters on here have assured us that all Pits have a sweet disposition and wouldn't hurt a flea.
Obviously that's not so. This little girl was mauled by pits the family owned. They owned TEN. They were clearly not professional breeders, so who knows what kind of inbreeding and genetic problems these dogs had, and judging from the family, who knows how the dogs were being raised and if they had any training.

What matters is this is a little girl who is permanently disfigured. And of course, just like the family that wants to cash in on their child's suffering by lying, there are people who will use this tragedy to further their hysterical anti-pit agenda. Would people be as interested if the child was maimed by German Shepherds instead? Sadly, I doubt it.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 PM

624 posts, read 762,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Anyone see the parents of this child? I only see pics of the grandmother.

They look like honey booboo trash.
These are the people who own dogs like a pitt when there are young children in the house. Before you jump on me, I know not all Pits are bad, and their 'badness' is mostly due to how they are raised, but theyre are far too many instances out there where a previously loving family pit bull snaps, and tears someone limb from limb.

I wouldn't have a dog if I had small kids, period. My grandparents had a standard dachshund that almost took my upper lip off when I was three or four. I'm lucky he didn't go into full on attack mode....

Old 06-24-2014, 01:54 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,199,291 times
Sooooo...it's the pit bulls' fault the family tried to pull off this hoax?

Old 06-24-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
You saw pictures of all ten dogs?

Given the fibbing that has happened already, I have doubts regarding the real story behind the dogs attacking her, the article in The Mail seemed pretty far fetched regarding how it described the dogs attacked.

Either way, I am sure the dogs, no matter what kind they are, were brought up in a really loving, attention, and disciplined atmosphere.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Sooooo...it's the pit bulls' fault the family tried to pull off this hoax?
Yes, even if the dogs were abused and treated like feral dogs by neglegent owners, it is always the fault of the pit bull, even if the dog only has 0.0001% pit bull in it, that is why you always hear "pit bull mix", never mind about any other mix the dog has. Effectively, all mutts are pits to many people.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:24 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
Obviously that's not so. This little girl was mauled by pits the family owned. They owned TEN. They were clearly not professional breeders, so who knows what kind of inbreeding and genetic problems these dogs had, and judging from the family, who knows how the dogs were being raised and if they had any training.

What matters is this is a little girl who is permanently disfigured. And of course, just like the family that wants to cash in on their child's suffering by lying, there are people who will use this tragedy to further their hysterical anti-pit agenda. Would people be as interested if the child was maimed by German Shepherds instead? Sadly, I doubt it.
Well that one woman had half her face eaten off by her black lab but you don't hear anyone b*tching about labs.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:46 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,165,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
You saw pictures of all ten dogs?

Given the fibbing that has happened already, I have doubts regarding the real story behind the dogs attacking her, the article in The Mail seemed pretty far fetched regarding how it described the dogs attacked.

Either way, I am sure the dogs, no matter what kind they are, were brought up in a really loving, attention, and disciplined atmosphere.
No, I did not personally see the ten pits. However, the local news interviewed the sheriff where the family lives, and he is the one that reported that there had been ten pit bulls that belonged to the grandfather, and he shot them all after the attack. I don't know what kind of dogs they really were. I'm just stating what the law enforcement said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events