U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 06:46 PM

34,671 posts, read 42,807,149 times

Advertisements

Key words....."Biden says". Anything after that, who cares?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 06:52 PM

471 posts, read 722,894 times
There is nothing wrong with Biden's promotion of this idea. I do have a problem when "rights" are assigned a designation or label like gay, womens, mens, etc etc etc. Rights should be sex, gender, and color blind and no group should hope to have "special" rights given to them just because they are loud and vocal and it happens to be considered politically correct to support them. Culture is adaptable and changeable by time and circumstances, while rights should not be.

And there is no problem with Biden now promoting this idea since his "Boss" is on the same page. I want and expect my Vice President to support and promote the President's ideas. The Vice President should be very close policy wise to the President since the VP's most important jobs are to break ties in voting and to take over for the President if needed, based on a number of established criteria.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:07 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,848,150 times
Biden says gay rights trump culture

Biden is a politically correct left wing idiot too!!

Old 06-28-2014, 07:05 AM

9,288 posts, read 16,147,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There is a difference between baseline human rights and "promoting" beliefs you don't believe in. Too many people are sending people to jail, abusing, and beating people just because they are gay. That's a human rights issue.

Just because you don't like gay people, or don't believe in it, doesn't mean it is OK to physically harm people.

or discriminate or cause or allow discrimination.......

Old 06-28-2014, 07:33 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,727,079 times
The dems are such phonies lol, alot of them are still don't like gay people or believe in gay marriage but they're just using this to get votes and be on the right side

Old 06-28-2014, 10:10 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,903,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
It's not that I don't care about people getting killed simply for existing for being different. I don't see the point in "promoting" the idea countries have to change their laws or their cultures just so they are more palatable to us. What Biden is doing is pushing a mild form of ethnocentrism-- "a good culture would do this and change this way, blah blah" without realizing there are actual ramifications.

This has been done before. Feminists went into other countries promoting equality of women and no one cared for it. Why? Because these cultures didn't see how feminism was relevant to them or how it would benefit them. It doesn't matter how outraged we get, how disgusted we are, or how much we condemn. If another country doesn't change their own attitude toward it, we're just telling them how they should think and what they should do.
The USA is the #1 country in the world promoting ideas countries need change their laws to toe the line we draw in the sand. We give each of those countries billions in foreign aid each year for the chance to preach the nonsense to them as Biden did. Do they really listen/care? I really don't care but the USA should giving cash to other nations when ours is falling apart.
Ramifications are unfathomable.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:18 AM

25,476 posts, read 23,311,513 times
Quote:
Vintage_girlWhat I don't get is why is it so important to direct his message to those from other countries about how they are so inhumane and prejudiced, when we have the same here? Did he decide American culture is so worthless it's better to worry about those abroad?
Hi There, America has always been a country who actually believes they can tell other people how they should be living their lives, and it's been going on for centries. That is why so many other countries hate us, but now, America is no longer strong, and it is falling apart, so other countries are soon going to rise up against us. Hence, 911. If we'd spend more time worrying about our own coutry and bringing it back to what it was. You can't tell other people how to live their lives, or what they should believe in. And way back when, when other countries were coming to America, they were brutal human beings....just like today, unfortunately Human beings are brutal....

I don't see it changing until we all destroy ourselves, b/c apparently we don't learn from history and right now Washington has way to much control over us....they are only concerned with bettering things wiht those who put them in office.

Also, Biden is only appeasing special Intrests groups.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:31 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,943,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You really need to stop with the dramatics. I bet that comcast employee had a good laugh after that ridiculous phone call. Your family won't fall apart if they see the word homosexual, I promise.
They are all probably still laughing.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:40 AM

19,081 posts, read 21,215,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The dems are such phonies lol, alot of them are still don't like gay people or believe in gay marriage but they're just using this to get votes and be on the right side
They want to be on the right side to get votes so they can maybe do the right thing? Ok.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:00 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,096,180 times
Fox uses its war on religion to present them (religion) as a victim to make an excuse to justify hate against gays to say they're not equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or