U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 06:58 PM

265 posts, read 157,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
They want to be on the right side to get votes so they can maybe do the right thing? Ok.
Wow! That's a very nave faith to have in politicians!

It is about the power through support. And lots of money.

I doubt very few of those politicos who now support gay rights actually cares about gay rights, but orders from the puppet-masters are orders and so it goes. And though I feel sorry for those undergoing persecution, it would be nice if this fraud of a VP could actually get important jobs done for the country, rather than arrange for his son to work on behalf of an Ukrainian oil pumper as an 'executive'.

I'm always aghast at American liberals and their basic purposeful flubbing of facts (and dropped integrity) when it comes to getting the government to ordain gay people as 'normal'. If they are normal (I think they are) they wouldn't need a stamp from MommyGuv that makes it official. They also wouldn't have to support the treacherous kind of career D.C. insider like Biden.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 03:10 AM
bUU

11,684 posts, read 8,166,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntBoo View Post
I doubt very few of those politicos who now support gay rights actually cares about gay rights
I suppose we can say just as legitimately say that those who oppose gay rights actually just want to practice hate for hate's sake - perhaps ordered to hate anyone who is "them" in some cynical, perverse divide-and-conquer scheme.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 AM

8,623 posts, read 5,896,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post

I suppose we can say just as legitimately say that those who oppose gay rights actually just want to practice hate for hate's sake - perhaps ordered to hate anyone who is "them" in some cynical, perverse divide-and-conquer scheme.
What if ordinary folks don't like every liberal pet project rammed down their throats in an attempt to convince them these things are normal and acceptable? I, for one, am tired of the left and their PC police pushing their PC agenda upon us. This social engineering crap has got to stop though it is too late to do so as we are living in times the book "1984" hinted to and that book is decades old from earlier last century.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
You don't understand. You will get what you want but know that it is not because of a righteous support of you and yours but due to corruption. Of course, whatever.

I've given up on anyone whose tired argument is to vainly attempt to make me out as the enemy of whatever pet project is wanted by whatever fringe group. There is nothing sacred, worthy or of any especial interest about gay rights any more than there is in straight rights. The day we live in just happens to be permissive due to social breakdown as it continues the pretense of enabling freedom while making bill payments and money-love sacrosanct, an issue that is more pertinent to people than parades by the mentally ill demanding to be normal.

I know gay people are just as hateful toward anyone who doesn't use them or accept them. Well, there's a special order. The cynical and perverse attitude that a small percentage of the population ought to be allotted so much face time is too special for me. I see it as forced and when I look around at every other thing going on around me I realize that this push to give a small amount of people some small comfort is nice but a divide and conquer tactic.

A hollow victory is no victory at all. But enjoy this sad 'win' of being rubber-stamped as 'okay'. The homosexual population gave up more than it got when its integrity was discarded so that it could get married and align itself with traditions it has no interests in.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:03 PM

12,082 posts, read 5,602,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
What if ordinary folks don't like every liberal pet project rammed down their throats
Sounds sexual to me....why are cons always daydreaming about gay sex, can you explain that?

Old 06-30-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
You don't understand. You will get what you want but know that it is not because of a righteous support of you and yours but due to corruption. Of course, whatever.

I've given up on anyone whose tired argument is to vainly attempt to make me out as the enemy of whatever pet project is wanted by whatever fringe group. There is nothing sacred, worthy or of any especial interest about gay rights any more than there is in straight rights. The day we live in just happens to be permissive due to social breakdown as it continues the pretense of enabling freedom while making bill payments and money-love sacrosanct, an issue that is more pertinent to people than parades by the mentally ill demanding to be normal.

I know gay people are just as hateful toward anyone who doesn't use them or accept them. Well, there's a special order. The cynical and perverse attitude that a small percentage of the population ought to be allotted so much face time is too special for me. I see it as forced and when I look around at every other thing going on around me I realize that this push to give a small amount of people some small comfort is nice but a divide and conquer tactic.

A hollow victory is no victory at all. But enjoy this sad 'win' of being rubber-stamped as 'okay'. The homosexual population gave up more than it got when its integrity was discarded so that it could get married and align itself with traditions it has no interests in.
Hahaha, your post is hilarious! Now marrying is "discarding integrity"? Interesting. You're right, gay rights aren't any more sacred, worthy or special interest than straights.....so then why don't they have the right to marry again? After all, it's no more special than straights.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Hahaha, your post is hilarious! Now marrying is "discarding integrity"? Interesting. You're right, gay rights aren't any more sacred, worthy or special interest than straights.....so then why don't they have the right to marry again? After all, it's no more special than straights.
You know what? It is. If a group of people needs to grovel before a government looking to be given the official seal of approval saying it is safe for society, that's discarding integrity.

Anyone who needs to be validated by government law has discarded integrity and doesn't have much dignity either.

Could you see Alexander going to the polis and crying about not being a full human being because he couldn't marry his bf?

Old 06-30-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
You know what? It is. If a group of people needs to grovel before a government looking to be given the official seal of approval saying it is safe for society, that's discarding integrity.

Anyone who needs to be validated by government law has discarded integrity and doesn't have much dignity either.

Could you see Alexander going to the polis and crying about not being a full human being because he couldn't marry his bf?
Hahaha, nice spin on words. Tell me, if you think marriage is a stabilizer of society, wouldn't it be in your best interest to allow as many people as possible to marry to create a more stable cohesive society? Or is that only for you straights? So are you saying that straights who are validated in their marriage by government have no dignity?

Old 06-30-2014, 04:07 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,202,214 times
Quote:
Wow! That's a very nave faith to have in politicians!
Re-read the post I quoted and my response. I think you missed the point.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:32 PM

3,460 posts, read 1,697,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
Yet, countries incarcerate and execute those who convert to Christianity and the US isn't giving a speech on that...nor are diplomats telling countries their culture doesn't matter to leave Buddhist monks alone. What agenda is pushed here, and why?
I think you have a selective memory for the positions the United States has taken on human rights in various countries--or you just have not seen articles indicating such. The United States frequently calls on countries to release hostages, protect the rights of minorities, and increase the liberty of citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or