U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:28 PM
bUU

11,690 posts, read 8,168,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
With the moral fabric of our country eroding...
There has been an eroding of the moral fabric of our nation in the last several decades, but it is evident in the obstinate self-centeredness of right-wingers willfully working against continuance of over three hundred and fifty years of progress. This obstinance is manifest in every right-wing effort to forestall efforts to reduce economic injustice, every right-wing effort to forestall acceptance of belief systems other than their own, every right-wing effort to forestall society acting in a caring and compassionate manner contrary to that which benefits the right-wingers personally. If right-wingers were honest with themselves, they would have to admit that they're not concern about moral fabric - quite the opposite - at best, we can call the right-wing perspective amoral, if not outright immoral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Status: "It takes a lot of balls to golf like me" (set 11 days ago)

3,954 posts, read 3,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
There has been an eroding of the moral fabric of our nation in the last several decades, but it is evident in the obstinate self-centeredness of right-wingers willfully working against continuance of over three hundred and fifty years of progress. This obstinance is manifest in every right-wing effort to forestall efforts to reduce economic injustice, every right-wing effort to forestall acceptance of belief systems other than their own, every right-wing effort to forestall society acting in a caring and compassionate manner contrary to that which benefits the right-wingers personally. If right-wingers were honest with themselves, they would have to admit that they're not concern about moral fabric - quite the opposite - at best, we can call the right-wing perspective amoral, if not outright immoral.
Can I ask a simple question? If your party (I'm assuming you're either Democrat or Progressive) lost the White House and so the "right-wingers" had both Congress and the White House, and they decided to push some agendas through like tax cuts, reforming the ACA, and whatever else they decided to push through, in order to keep progressing the country forward, would you expect your party to vote what they wanted to push through into law? I mean for progress's sake you would wouldn't you?

You wouldn't dare want to "forestall acceptance of belief systems contrary to that which you believe in" would you?

Old 07-20-2014, 03:36 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Can I ask a simple question? If your party (I'm assuming you're either Democrat or Progressive) lost the White House and so the "right-wingers" had both Congress and the White House, and they decided to push some agendas through like tax cuts, reforming the ACA, and whatever else they decided to push through, in order to keep progressing the country forward, would you expect your party to vote what they wanted to push through into law? I mean for progress's sake you would wouldn't you?
Liberal leaders don't claim to support tax cuts for the rich (because that's what right-wing leaders would propose: tax cuts for the rich). Liberal leaders don't support gutting ACA (because that's what right-wing leaders would propose: throwing poor people out into the streets rather than assuring affordable access to basic healthcare to all Americans). By contrast, Right-wing leaders claim to support jobs for Americas (and don't). Right-wing leaders claim to care about the plight of the poor (and don't). Right-wing leaders claim to abide moral teachings such as Luke 14:12-14 and Mark 10:21-22 (and don't). Right-wing leaders are hypocrites - selfish hypocrites.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:58 AM

7,542 posts, read 8,084,526 times
Quote:
Right-wing leaders claim to abide moral teachings such as Luke 14:12-14 and Mark 10:21-22 (and don't). Right-wing leaders are hypocrites - selfish hypocrites.

Maybe I missed something, but I can't remember any American conservative politicians saying anything about Luke 14 or Mark 10 one way or another, or making a claim that they personally abide by them.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:09 AM
bUU

I guess you have missed a lot.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
I guess you have missed a lot.
Do you have a link on this?

Great thing about the internet, is that everything is saved.

I'd look it up myself, but you didn't mention exactly what right wing politicians were talking about Luke 14. I didn't see a quote by either when I did a search engine with Sen. Santorum or Sen. Helms' name and "Luke 14".

Old 07-20-2014, 05:20 AM
bUU

So what you're saying is that Santorum and Helms believe in cherry-picking the portions of their Bible that they'd abide by. Thanks for making clear that, if your insinuation is true, their hypocrisy is even more grievous than I indicated.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:27 AM

Quote:
So what you're saying is that Santorum and Helms believe in cherry-picking the portions of their Bible that they'd abide by.
I'm not saying a darn thing, I'm just interested in where either or these men or other prominent conservatives said anything one way or another about Luke 14 or Mark 10.

Truth be told, I can't remember any American politician of any stripe citing scripture passages in a political speech as a reason for a government policy.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:22 PM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I'm not saying a darn thing
Thanks for admitting that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or