U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2014, 08:49 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,821,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I honestly hope they brought them back to study and develop a treatment, and I know they are isolated and everything is done to not spread the virus.
But, one thought came to me and freaks me out. Where are their toilet leading to? Honestly. If their infected waste just goes down the drain to mix with everyone else's toilet waste... you see what I mean.
It would not matter unless you were wandering around in the sewer directly below as the toilet was being flushed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 09:05 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,307,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgal View Post
If there was a real threat of contagion spreading, then everyone would be advised to remain indoors. No one would be expected to be going to classes, daycares, day jobs etc. Only essential personnel like medical, law enforcement etc. would be expected to continue doing their job.
Eh, I dunno, seeing how these things are generally handled by authorities doesn't give me much hope that that would actually be the case. Everyone is too damn afraid for their own bottom line and to lose a few dollars to actually enforce anything drastic like this. Otherwise most flights from the affected areas would already be canceled, yet they aren't because airlines would be damned if they lost any money from this. I'm afraid same would apply to everything else. Sadly, prevention is not high on the list, money is.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:19 PM

5,492 posts, read 5,220,798 times
Why did they not treat the ebola victims outside the usa?

Old 08-03-2014, 10:29 PM

I dont want this to happen - I dont care how careful everyone is - all it takes is one oopsie or one thing that they being very careful - neglected to check or forgot to check or whatever -

Ebola terror at Gatwick as passenger collapses and dies getting off Sierra Leone flight - Mirror Online

Old 08-03-2014, 10:30 PM

Just remember the story of the opening of Pandoras Box. … or some may call it opening up the Genie's Bottle and letting the Genie out.

just one error,, or one ommission, or one thing they did not realize and then,,,

EBOLA IS NOW IN THE U.S.A spreading.

Because some do gooder wanted to bring JUST TWO people to Atlanta.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:39 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,307,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I dont want this to happen - I dont care how careful everyone is - all it takes is one oopsie or one thing that they being very careful - neglected to check or forgot to check or whatever -

Ebola terror at Gatwick as passenger collapses and dies getting off Sierra Leone flight - Mirror Online
Uggghhhh and this is why they should STOP FLIGHTS FROM THERE!!!!
Gah. How many people need to die before someone considers people's safety over dollar signs??? Ugh.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:09 AM

3,720 posts, read 4,443,873 times
Quote:
is it true that Ebola is spread by sex? or how does one get it from another person?
Yes, it is true. It is one of the ways it is spread.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:13 AM

726 posts, read 665,295 times
I'm not scared.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:39 AM

2,259 posts, read 1,277,723 times
Quote:
Just remember the story of the opening of Pandoras Box. … or some may call it opening up the Genie's Bottle and letting the Genie out.

just one error,, or one ommission, or one thing they did not realize and then,,,

EBOLA IS NOW IN THE U.S.A spreading.

Because some do gooder wanted to bring JUST TWO people to Atlanta.
Where is your source that Ebola is now spreading in the US. Also, did other people get infected from Sawyer (the people who were in the same flight as him)?

Old 08-04-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Where is your source that Ebola is now spreading in the US. Also, did other people get infected from Sawyer (the people who were in the same flight as him)?
I'm only providing a news article for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or