Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 08:27 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Let's round them all up and kill them, amirite, amirite?
Damn Amirites - they're everywhere. I hates em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 08:34 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
This thread makes no sense. We're discussing two problems - the homeless, and Ebola. They're both worthy topics of discussion, concern, and compassion- but they don't really "go together."

Sort of like saying, "Let's discuss the dangers of ten year olds driving and texting." I mean, it COULD happen and if it did, it would be dangerous - but it's just not a likely combination of factors.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:47 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,706,632 times
^^^ Well put.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:49 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,039,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
There plenty of poor all over the world having kids who meet their basic needs. And you cannot take away their right to children. That equates to slavery.
It also opens a door. A door to - I don't like they way you raise your children and you shouldn;t be allowed to have any. Personally I can't stand the idea of so many children in this country being raised to hate. I might be tempted to stop those people from having children. But its not the way to go.

You sound like a very fearful person.
You say you don't want people to raise children to hate, but from your earlier post it is obvious you just don't want people to bring up their children with conservative values. You have been led to believe by your liberal "leaders" that the opposition hates you. We only feel sorry for you. We don't hate you. We just wish you would become better educated.

OTOH, it is obvious you have been raised to hate people you disagree with. Ironic, isn't it?

Old 08-10-2014, 09:08 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,033,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I read that one, too. I wonder how the two-year-old got it?

Do fruit bats bite?

I guess they do..
http://www.cdc.gov/features/bats/

Last edited by NLVgal; 08-10-2014 at 09:51 AM..

Old 08-10-2014, 09:11 AM

23,771 posts, read 28,850,314 times
Ebola is bad for you and they should not bring anybody here that has it or any scabs cus you never know about them neither...and kids with runny noses need to get out.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:32 AM

20,830 posts, read 16,966,580 times
Yes the bats bite and they like babies who can't yet swat them away. Can we please get the thread back on track peeps?

Old 08-10-2014, 10:46 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,371,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Yes the bats bite and they like babies who can't yet swat them away. Can we please get the thread back on track peeps?
How is discussing Patient Zero and means of transmission (and how they initially got infected) not on topic?

Old 08-10-2014, 10:51 AM

16,163 posts, read 8,313,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Well you could say the same about the conservative voting white welfare recipients here in the U.S. minus the ebola part

Personally I'm for zero population growth until we get back down to about half of where we are now worldwide but I don't see anyone giving up the joys of parenthood regardless of where they live, how poor or wealthy. Back in the 60s there was a movement for just 2 kids, replace yourself. I never hear of anyone considering that when thinking about having more kids. Frankly I rarely discussions that go beyond 'we want more' or 'we don't want more'. Sometimes its money but not that often. Eventually the planet will get to where China is. Its sort of inevitable.

Meanwhile the poor have just as much a right to parenthood as anyone else.
First of all, your comments don't sound that far off from fascist or communist viewpoints. Yet liberals don't see that a nanny state type of government which they dream of eventually leads to one of those two outcomes.

As to the idea the poor have the same rights to reproduction, on the surface you are correct. However in our society, there is too much willingness to pay for such irresponsibility. We need disincentives to irresponsible reproduction, period. Until we get to that point as a society, human nature will take advantage of bleeding hearts.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:54 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,966,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgal View Post
How is discussing Patient Zero and means of transmission (and how they initially got infected) not on topic?
Was not referring to your excellent post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events