U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 02:17 AM

4,093 posts, read 2,820,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah, seriously. Anthony Weiner was still elected after all of that... and then Democrats think only Republicans are idiots?
Wiener was elected in the same state that elected, and re-elected, Hillary Clinton. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 02:19 AM

4,093 posts, read 2,820,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The true irony here is that it is the Republicans who do not want repeal of any laws prohibiting ex-felons from voting.
I've never once heard a Democrat (or any politician for that matter) advocating for reforming the laws regulating the lives of convicted felons.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:48 AM

7,282 posts, read 8,382,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock303 View Post
when I saw this thread I was going to make a comment along the lines of "I thought what someone did in the privacy of their bedroom was no one else's business"...but I don't think that would apply to what someone is doing in a stranger's car.

on another note...really?
Clinton engaged in questionable sexual activity in the White House of the United States. Now we are to get all bunched up about what this clown did in a stranger's car?

Really?

Old 06-30-2014, 02:59 AM

4,672 posts, read 8,096,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Clinton engaged in questionable sexual activity in the White House of the United States. Now we are to get all bunched up about what this clown did in a stranger's car?

Really?
Uh, yeah. What Clinton did wasn't illegal. It wasn't right, but it was legal and it was the terribly ordinary kind of lapse in judgement many have made and will make. He got quite a lot of heat for what he did too. I do not condone it, but it's really on quite another level then a guy who is so out of control that after going to jail for breaking into someone's car and masturbating in it he goes and does that same thing again. This guy is obviously an outrageous wacko, and it's very embarrassing anyone supports him for elected office. I wouldn't elect someone that troubled to political office if his platform was pulled from out of my very dreams!!!!

Old 06-30-2014, 04:19 AM

937 posts, read 996,603 times
Default Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterCho84 View Post
Actually, no... I don't really think I do. The thing I find most amazing about this guy is that if that were me, I'd never do anything the rest of my life that drew attention to the fact that I'd gone to prison twice for masturbating in someone else's car. I sure as heck wouldn't be running for political office and putting it on the front page of half the newspapers in the country.
there is a kind of exposure-loving going on.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:23 AM

8,874 posts, read 12,917,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah, seriously. Anthony Weiner was still elected after all of that... and then Democrats think only Republicans are idiots?
You absolutely do NOT have your facts straight. Anthony Weiner began serving in the U.S. House in 1999. His "sexting scandal" became public in 2011 and Weiner announced his RESIGNATION from Congress on June 16, 2011, and formally completed the process on June 21. A special election was held to fill his seat and he was replaced by Republican businessman Bob Turner, who defeated a Democratic candidate named David Weprin.

In 2013 Weiner decided to run for Mayor of New York in the Democratic primary and additional details about his sexting compulsion were revealed. He was soundly defeated in that election and another Democrat, Bill de Blasio, was eventually elected mayor by the voters.

In addition to having your facts wrong about Mr. Weiner, you're on thin ice claiming that Democrats have a worse record than Republicans where sex-related scandals are concerned. I'll give you just one example. David Vitter, a Republican who represents the state of Louisiana in the United States Senate, was involved for over a year in the controversy referred to as the "DC Madame Scandal," wherein a woman, who later committed suicide, was unmasked as running a prostitution ring for about 13 years, servicing many men prominent in the nation's capital. Sen. Vitter, a close ally of Rudolf Giuliani, was not only revealed as one of her customers but some of her employees maintained that he used them to act out a diaper fetish.

Did he resign? No. He tearfully admitted his "sins" and said told the public he "prayed for forgiveness." The father of four remained married to his wife and not only stayed on in the Senate, but ran for reelection in 2010, emphasizing "family values," and was returned to Washington by Louisiana voters. So if we are to compare these two scandals, the Democratic House Representative, who never touched any of the women he interacted with, was punished far more severely than the Republican Senator who admitted he hired professional sex workers to indulge his compulsions. To my knowledge Mr. Weiner is unemployed now while Sen. Vitter continues to serve in the U.S. Senate.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:23 AM

135 posts, read 117,855 times
this noobs lol...
this guy and weiner have nothing on spitzer, they should had called him for some tips!!

Old 06-30-2014, 04:52 AM

7,778 posts, read 9,608,567 times
How exciting! Another opportunity to bash a political party and denigrate Oklahoma since Florida is sooooo much better. Ideal for feeling warm and fuzzy.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:56 AM

8,874 posts, read 12,917,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post

Really?
Bill Clinton isn't the only man who had sex with someone other than his wife while he was serving as President of the United States. Historians seem pretty sure that Harry Truman, Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, and Gerald Ford were faithful to their wives while in office. The jury's still out on all the other presidents during and after WWII.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:14 AM

5,466 posts, read 2,310,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I've never once heard a Democrat (or any politician for that matter) advocating for reforming the laws regulating the lives of convicted felons.
Speaking only for Florida, Democrats are trying to change the law to make it easier for ex-felons to get their civil rights restored. In addition to the element of fairness and having served their time, the reason for this is that most, but not all, of these people tend to vote democratic. In close elections, this slight increase in the democratic base could make the difference between a loss and a win. This was the case in the last election cycle for governor which the Democrats lost.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 06-30-2014 at 06:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events