U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 05:42 AM

11,397 posts, read 6,806,747 times

Advertisements

If the Current Events Forum is supposed to be non-political, what is the affiliation of the candidate doing in the title of the thread? Would it have been allowed to stand if the candidate were identified as a Democrat? Given the apparent bias of some "moderators" here, I have to retain some doubts.

I am prepared to wait a long time doe an answer; but the apparent bias speaks for itself.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-30-2014 at 05:52 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 AM

33,059 posts, read 12,540,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Anthony Weiner was still elected after all of that... and then Democrats think only Republicans are idiots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
You absolutely do NOT have your facts straight. Anthony Weiner began serving in the U.S. House in 1999. His "sexting scandal" became public in 2011 and Weiner announced his RESIGNATION from Congress on June 16, 2011, and formally completed the process on June 21. A special election was held to fill his seat and he was replaced by Republican businessman Bob Turner, who defeated a Democratic candidate named David Weprin.

In 2013 Weiner decided to run for Mayor of New York in the Democratic primary and additional details about his sexting compulsion were revealed. He was soundly defeated in that election and another Democrat, Bill de Blasio, was eventually elected mayor by the voters.

In addition to having your facts wrong about Mr. Weiner, you're on thin ice claiming that Democrats have a worse record than Republicans where sex-related scandals are concerned. I'll give you just one example. David Vitter, a Republican who represents the state of Louisiana in the United States Senate, was involved for over a year in the controversy referred to as the "DC Madame Scandal," wherein a woman, who later committed suicide, was unmasked as running a prostitution ring for about 13 years, servicing many men prominent in the nation's capital. Sen. Vitter, a close ally of Rudolf Giuliani, was not only revealed as one of her customers but some of her employees maintained that he used them to act out a diaper fetish.

Did he resign? No. He tearfully admitted his "sins" and said told the public he "prayed for forgiveness." The father of four remained married to his wife and not only stayed on in the Senate, but ran for reelection in 2010, emphasizing "family values," and was returned to Washington by Louisiana voters. So if we are to compare these two scandals, the Democratic House Representative, who never touched any of the women he interacted with, was punished far more severely than the Republican Senator who admitted he hired professional sex workers to indulge his compulsions. To my knowledge Mr. Weiner is unemployed now while Sen. Vitter continues to serve in the U.S. Senate.
Good point.

Folks are entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 AM

20,979 posts, read 15,629,058 times
I thought that lefties didn't care about weird sexual fetishes?

Old 06-30-2014, 08:09 AM

4,582 posts, read 6,151,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I swear nobody could make this stuff up. he and the Oklahoma fellow who claims his opponent is really dead should get together and start their own Party of the Weird.

Michigan Republican Wants Voters To Ignore His Weird Sexual Fetish And Elect Him Anyway
Get a locking gas cap in case he want to take it to the next level. Side footing? This article can't be real.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:59 AM

15,372 posts, read 25,606,362 times
I didn't really want to hear about anyone's sexual fetishes. I say keep that stuff in the bedroom. I don't care what sexual orientation you are. Keep that in the bedroom. I don't care that you like sleeping naked with spiders. Keep that in the bedroom.

What I don't want to see is someone with any kind of record running, unless that record is made of vinyl.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:05 AM

5,082 posts, read 12,593,781 times
Involving politics is a sure way to ruin a good sexual fetish.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:15 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,289,017 times
Show me a man on this planet who doesn't have some weird, horrendous sexual fetish.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:15 AM

5,860 posts, read 6,933,060 times
How can this man be taken seriously? Also what is wrong with the people in Michigan that this guy even will be on the ballet???? The decline of western civilization is upon us.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:27 AM

5,959 posts, read 7,506,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Bill Clinton isn't the only man who had sex with someone other than his wife while he was serving as President of the United States. Historians seem pretty sure that Harry Truman, Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, and Gerald Ford were faithful to their wives while in office. The jury's still out on all the other presidents during and after WWII.
JFK the jury isn't out on his trists.

Clinton lied about it while under oath which is problem .....

Old 06-30-2014, 10:36 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,011,772 times
Wow, that is interesting makes me think all kind of things at once. Like it is true a person's past should not be the sole example of their future. But he is only 24 and just out of prison, hard to say what changes may happen in him or not. Also does the republican party want a real person like him? Hmmm. Sexual fetishes is weird but is he lying? Could it be he may be covering up his drug use and braking and entering with the sexual line?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events