Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Like s/he said if a woman's contraceptives should be covered completely then so should their insulin..not sure where the abortion angle came from since we were talking about contraceptives. While we're at it, so should anyone who needs glasses...they shouldn't have to pay for them as well. I could go on and on. Now that is the end of the story.
But that would be fair. These don't want fair. These want a special carve-out just for themselves. I hope the court rules against the subsidies and requires everyone to pay for their own healthcare themselves. We already have Medicaid to cover the poor. A lot of these folks now receiving subsidies to pay for their insurance premium didn't have insurance before Obamacare because they just didn't want to buy it. They'd rather buy a new car or truck than give their money over to the insurance companies the way the rest of us did. I bought health insurance for myself and my family back when I was a young man and on minimum wage. It's a choice of priorities.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:54 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
But that would be fair. These don't want fair. These want a special carve-out just for themselves. I hope the court rules against the subsidies and requires everyone to pay for their own healthcare themselves. We already have Medicaid to cover the poor. A lot of these folks now receiving subsidies to pay for their insurance premium didn't have insurance before Obamacare because they just didn't want to buy it. They'd rather buy a new car or truck than give their money over to the insurance companies the way the rest of us did. I bought health insurance for myself and my family back when I was a young man and on minimum wage. It's a choice of priorities.
Do you think it's fair to offer Viagara & penile implants & not IUD's or the morning after pill?

Old 07-09-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
Anyone who isn't a political or religious zealot?
That's the liberal mind(less)set alright.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Do you think it's fair to offer Viagara & penile implants & not IUD's or the morning after pill?
Of course not. You can get all the free contraceptives you want from Planned Parenthood. Go there and get an armload.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Oh yeah? Prove it.

When I lived in Arizona we had voter i.d. cards and it was no big deal, just a card to show them at the voting place. I didn't notice that they were denying these cards to the elderly or women.
We've long had to present voter i.d. cards at our polling places here in Florida. There has been no problem. The poor and uneducated still vote. Even some dead folks continue to vote.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:01 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,293,890 times
Quote:
So if someone choses a new car instead of providing healthcare for their family, and someone gets injured they go to the hospital and receive care without paying. This makes my cost go up, so how is this fair too me? You have to provide insurance for your vehicle to drive, but you support me paying others way, because they want a new car?

Old 07-09-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What I can't understand is why those who oppose funding for early childhood education, food stamp, subsidized housing, ACA and other subsidies (i.e. "welfare") for the less fortunate, also oppose birth control that would decrease these expenses.

In Colorado, for the past five years an anonymous donor has supported a program for long term birth control for teens. Guess what? Teen pregnancies are down 40% and teen abortions are down 35%.

Four Years After Providing Free Birth Control, Here's What's Happening in Colorado - Mic

"This initiative has saved Colorado millions of dollars," Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) said in a press release. "But more importantly, it has helped thousands of young Colorado women continue their education, pursue their professional goals and postpone pregnancy until they are ready to start a family."

Birth control producing results in Colorado | MSNBC

"The family-planning program has saved $5.68 in Medicaid costs for every dollar spent on the contraceptives, the state said. The state has saved millions in health care expenditures – $42.5 million in public funds in 2010 alone."

Supporting birth control reduces pregnancies, abortions, and saves us significant amounts of public pumoney.

Who knew?
Ever consider that they just might be fed up with paying taxes out the nose for every bleeding heart group out there whom the Democrats dig up for the sole purpose of buying their votes? You're soon going to run out of working taxpayers to pay for all these programs with this failing Obama economy. One day the Chines will cut this country off from its mad borrowing and spending spree.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:06 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
What you aren't able to see though is that birth control occupies a unique position among medicines. It may not be necessary to treat a disease per se. However, for a woman who may simply be in different situations and a different place than a man is it is still a vitally important category of medicine.

None of you want to address what to me is the most critical issue of all: Paying for birth control will reduce the overall cost of health care, due to fewer payments for high risk pregnancies, normal pregnancies, and not having to pay for additional children who will require insurance coverage. When one of you actually attempts to deal with this issue, I may begin to take your arguments seriously.

It doesn't seem to be about money at all to most of you. It seems to be about control over the poor and over women's bodies.

I doubt you'll get the ACA repealed which seems to be the overriding goal of most of you. However, you really live in fairycastleland if you think everyone one day will go away and give up the idea of universal health care. The debate is going to go on and the pressures are going to continue to rise. The system we had before the ACA was worse, despite right wing whining to the contrary.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
So if someone choses a new car instead of providing healthcare for their family, and someone gets injured they go to the hospital and receive care without paying. This makes my cost go up, so how is this fair too me? You have to provide insurance for your vehicle to drive, but you support me paying others way, because they want a new car?
Read my post. I'm on your side. I don't support paying anyone's way except my own and my family's. They are my responsibility. Because some female went out and slept with some male without the common sense to make the male use a condom is not my responsibility.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:10 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,293,890 times
Quote:
Ever consider that they just might be fed up with paying taxes out the nose for every bleeding heart group out there whom the Democrats dig up for the sole purpose of buying their votes? You're soon going to run out of working taxpayers to pay for all these programs with this failing Obama economy. One day the Chines will cut this country off from its mad borrowing and spending spree.
Spare us the Faux news drivel, and get a reality check. Blue state taxes support welfare red states. Republicans spend just as much as Democrats, but you approve of what they spend I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events