U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 10:11 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,148,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
What you aren't able to see though is that birth control occupies a unique position among medicines. It may not be necessary to treat a disease per se. However, for a woman who may simply be in different situations and a different place than a man is it is still a vitally important category of medicine.

None of you want to address what to me is the most critical issue of all: Paying for birth control will reduce the overall cost of health care, due to fewer payments for high risk pregnancies, normal pregnancies, and not having to pay for additional children who will require insurance coverage. When one of you actually attempts to deal with this issue, I may begin to take your arguments seriously.

It doesn't seem to be about money at all to most of you. It seems to be about control over the poor and over women's bodies.

I doubt you'll get the ACA repealed which seems to be the overriding goal of most of you. However, you really live in fairycastleland if you think everyone one day will go away and give up the idea of universal health care. The debate is going to go on and the pressures are going to continue to rise. The system we had before the ACA was worse, despite right wing whining to the contrary.
What I want is for these folks to take responsibility for themselves and pay their own way. Simple enough? I don't want control over any woman's body. I want her to be responsible for her own actions just as I am responsible for mine.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:14 AM

6,400 posts, read 6,520,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Of course not. You can get all the free contraceptives you want from Planned Parenthood. Go there and get an armload.
Not true. PP operates on a sliding scale. Yes, lots get free contraceptives there, but lots don't. Many years ago, I was uninsured and needed to see a gynecologist, so I went to PP. They weren't free.

See? That's for one region. There are pages like this for each one.
What can I expect to pay for a visit at Planned Parenthood?
This depends on the type of health care service you require and your health insurance carrier. If you do not have health insurance, we can offer you services based on our discount fee scale. Our patients find that Planned Parenthood health care fees are very reasonable, especially when compared to other doctors’ offices. - See more at: About Our Fees :: Central and Western New York

Last edited by Emeraldmaiden; 07-09-2014 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: Oops - pastes weren't visible in posting mode.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Spare us the Faux news drivel, and get a reality check. Blue state taxes support welfare red states. Republicans spend just as much as Democrats, but you approve of what they spend I'm sure.
Friend, I'm only asking you to pay your own way. I'll take care of me and mine. Is that too complicated for you to comprehend? Why do you insist I pay your way. Have you no self-esteem?

Old 07-09-2014, 10:18 AM

12,089 posts, read 5,635,486 times
Quote:
Of course not. You can get all the free contraceptives you want from Planned Parenthood. Go there and get an armload.
Do you think it's fair for an employer to have Viagara & penile implants included under the insurance plan & not IUD's or the morning after pill? It's a simple question that doesn't require skirting around an answer.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Not true. PP operates on a sliding scale. Yes, lots get free contraceptives there, but lots don't. Many years ago, I was uninsured and needed to see a gynecologist, so I went to PP. They weren't free.

See? That's for one region. There are pages like this for each one.
What can I expect to pay for a visit at Planned Parenthood?
This depends on the type of health care service you require and your health insurance carrier. If you do not have health insurance, we can offer you services based on our discount fee scale. Our patients find that Planned Parenthood health care fees are very reasonable, especially when compared to other doctorsí offices. - See more at: About Our Fees :: Central and Western New York
I didn't waste my time reading all that junk. OK. If you can't get it free then pay for it yourself. That's what the rest of us have to do to get our meds.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:21 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,118,739 times
Quote:
Friend, I'm only asking you to pay your own way. I'll take care of me and mine. Is that too complicated for you to comprehend? Why do you insist I pay your way. Have you no self-esteem?
You're delusional if you think you pay my way. I've paid taxes my entire adult life, and from a state where my tax dollars are used to support others. Florida barely pays it's own way getting back 97 cents for every dollar it pays. If the red ideal is so great then why don't these states support themselves? Instead of making false accusations you should be thanking me for supporting you.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:23 AM

1,551 posts, read 1,596,642 times
Quote:
That's the liberal mind(less)set alright.
If having common sense means I'm "liberal" then so be it. If that hurts your feelings, perhaps you should consider the possibility that you're struggling with something that is complicated and can't be easily simplified into a "conservative vs. liberal" issue.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Do you think it's fair for an employer to have Viagara & penile implants included under the insurance plan & not IUD's or the morning after pill? It's a simple question that doesn't require skirting around an answer.
I said no. Is that skirting? You also haven't posted those insurance companies requirements for paying for a member's Viagara and penile implants.
I'm sure there are very strict on the conditions for paying for these. My own insurance company states firmly that they will not pay for these under any circumstances and mine is a nationally known high-end insurance company. You should really read up and see just what circumstances are required for the companies you trot out here before making such blanket statements.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
You're delusional if you think you pay my way. I've paid taxes my entire adult life, and from a state where my tax dollars are used to support others. Florida barely pays it's own way getting back 97 cents for every dollar it pays. If the red ideal is so great then why don't these states support themselves? Instead of making false accusations you should be thanking me for supporting you.
You don't pay my way either, friend. Now we are two. Let's try to get the others to be responsible and pay their way too and both of us might be able to keep some of the money we earn. Now, I've got to get off here and go to work to pay for my own insurance and medications and taxes to pay for the free-loaders.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:31 AM

7,215 posts, read 7,590,916 times
The biggest thing that will come out of this case is that the corporate veil has been pierced. I think many corporations and the right wing in this country will end up looking back at this decision with deep regret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or