U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 03:23 PM

36,434 posts, read 41,632,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Women ARE equal and we finally got to where we should be. (somewhat) This paragraph is an amazing reminder that we will soon be rid of your misogynistic generation. Good riddance.
Hey there. Don't be so quick to dismiss a whole generation. I'm 68 years old and fought tooth and nail for the rights women of today seem to take for granted. ERA, NOW and Roe v Wade were all part of my battleground and I'm very proud of my contributions as well as the contributions of my sisters and even brothers who marched and walked side by side with us. It was not easy. We were maligned and snickered at and called names as we fought and stood up for these rights. Very much like the LBGT community of the past few decades.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:25 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,145,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Women ARE equal and we finally got to where we should be. (somewhat) This paragraph is an amazing reminder that we will soon be rid of your misogynistic generation. Good riddance.
Yes indeed and what kind of country will you have?

Old 07-10-2014, 03:29 PM

12,059 posts, read 5,599,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Yes indeed and what kind of country will you have?
Are you inferring that the country will be worse off without mysogynistic sexist dbags?

Old 07-10-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
I have been semi-retired for over 2 years, and we are together 24 / 7. Not one argument in this time, and I open her doors, make coffee, and all the traditional stuff. People deserve respect no matter what race, sex, or anything. Clearly you have lost sight of this, and most likely been in several different relationships. We've been together since she was 17, and I was 19. A little respect goes a long way, and stop living with a half empty glass.
I hate to burst your bubble here. I met my wife when she was only 12. We were married when I returned from 'Nam. I returned with one arm. We have three children and seven grand children. When we first married, I took correspondence courses through thee mail. I then got a job as an electrician's helper. I worked my way up to become a master electrician. I then started my own electrical construction and maintenance company. I employed seven electricians and four helpers. I sold the business in 1980 and moved to Florida.

In my years as an electrician's helper, I worked two jobs and continued my study of electricity and electronics. I always provided my family with health insurance. No, I have not been in several different relationships. My wife never had to work outside the home. To keep her from having to leave the kids and work, I took additional jobs myself. Had I gotten my wife in a family way prior to our marriage, I would still have married her.

I have never drawn one hour of unemployment nor been on any time of welfare or federal or state assistance. I sent my kids to good colleges and all of them are married with families, none are divorced or separated and all are providing for their families without any governmental assistance.

Kinda put a twist in your neck didn't I? You're a very poor judge of people.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Are you inferring that the country will be worse off without mysogynistic sexist dbags?
Yes. These entitlement wieners have to have someone else fight their wars, take responsibility for them, and pay their way. Just look at the erosion of values and patriotism in the last ten years.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:46 PM

12,059 posts, read 5,599,103 times
Quote:
Yes. These entitlement wieners have to have someone else fight their wars, take responsibility for them, and pay their way. Just look at the erosion of values and patriotism in the last ten years.
What erosion would that be exactly?

Old 07-10-2014, 03:48 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,079,396 times
Quote:
I hate to burst your bubble here. I met my wife when she was only 12. We were married when I returned from 'Nam. I returned with one arm. We have three children and seven grand children. When we first married, I took correspondence courses through thee mail. I then got a job as an electrician's helper. I worked my way up to become a master electrician. I then started my own electrical construction and maintenance company. I employed seven electricians and four helpers. I sold the business in 1980 and moved to Florida.

In my years as an electrician's helper, I worked two jobs and continued my study of electricity and electronics. I always provided my family with health insurance. No, I have not been in several different relationships. My wife never had to work outside the home. To keep her from having to leave the kids and work, I took additional jobs myself. Had I gotten my wife in a family way prior to our marriage, I would still have married her.

I have never drawn one hour of unemployment nor been on any time of welfare or federal or state assistance. I sent my kids to good colleges and all of them are married with families, none are divorced or separated and all are providing for their families without any governmental assistance.

Kinda put a twist in your neck didn't I? You're a very poor judge of people.
The examples you espouse of women are horrific, and most would make a similar assessment. Quite clearly it is about you now isn't it? No twist as negative people abound here on CD.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:52 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,079,396 times
Quote:
I agree with your patriotism statement, and I buy local, and American when possible. You won't see a foreign car in my garage. Everything is V8 rear wheel drive to. Numerous factors have contributed to the decline in American values, and media holds some of this blame.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
The examples you espouse of women are horrific, and most would make a similar assessment. Quite clearly it is about you now isn't it? No twist as negative people abound here on CD.
You're the one came on here to form an erroneous judgment about me and you got it all wrong. Don't try to tell a person who he is unless you know him.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What erosion would that be exactly?
Respect for the flag, the country, a sense of self-reliance, the obligations and responsibilities of fatherhood and motherhood and family, of a man's right to work for his own and his family's own posterity instead of having the wealth he gains through his own sweat redistributed to the lazy and unambitious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or