U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 12:01 PM

36,437 posts, read 41,696,241 times

Advertisements

To Mr. the human being. Saw this this morning and thought of you.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:02 PM

7,282 posts, read 8,398,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
If you own the business, it's your natural right to offer whatever services you want to your customers, and to your employees. If they don't like it, it is their responsibility as conscientious consumers not to shop there, or be employed there. End of story. Why do people in this country not understand natural rights?

Same with this stupid **** in I think Texas or Arizona where business owners have no right to tell you not to bring your firearm into their store. I personally think it's dumb they would do that, and I'm about the biggest advocate of gun rights in the world... but what's fundamentally more important (and what gun rights are based on) is property rights. If it's YOUR property, YOU can do with it as YOU wish, and nobody else has a right to tell you how you must conduct yourself or your business. Plain and simple.

Nobody seems to understand natural rights anymore.
Simple, so many people think that their rights should be paid for by everyone else. This whole contraception issue is just like that.

Pregnancy isn't a disease, it is a choice as the result of other choices, good or bad. The problem is that liberals want the good choices and bad choices to be paid for by others.

If they end up pregnant, make someone else pay for it.

If they choose to end the pregnancy, make someone else pay for it.

If they choose to have children, get the village in line and have them pay for it too.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:04 PM

9,166 posts, read 6,352,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
When you consider some pay taxes to support others I say your personal responsibility claim is a false ideal. It is also used as an excuse in an attempt to opt out of what they disagree with. Otherwise, no one would pay taxes and anarchy and chaos would prevail. As a society we have curtained obligations above and beyond this personal responsibility claim.
So you really rationalize, somehow, that paying taxes and personal responsibility are mutually exclusive?

That since I'm forced by the government to pay taxes on what I earn through my own labor, that the concept of personal responsibility is a myth?

I guess it wouldn't occur to you that working to pay those taxes ( and to incidently provide for one's own needs instead of sitting back and letting others do it) is part of personal responsibility? That meeting the obligations and responsibilities one has contracted for is part of personal responsibility?

No, I guess I could acquiesce to your twisted notion of personal responsibility as evil, stop being a wage-earner, stop paying those taxes, sit back and let everyone else take care of my needs, claiming that I'm "poor", and I'm owed everything, like so many of your liberal friends seem to advocate.

The problem then, of course, is what you do when you run out of other people's money....

Old 07-12-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
I have been semi-retired for over 2 years, and we are together 24 / 7. Not one argument in this time, and I open her doors, make coffee, and all the traditional stuff. People deserve respect no matter what race, sex, or anything. Clearly you have lost sight of this, and most likely been in several different relationships. We've been together since she was 17, and I was 19. A little respect goes a long way, and stop living with a half empty glass.
If this is true the other poster was likely not talking about you, then, was he?

And likewise your assumption about his relationship status is just as foolish....

Old 07-12-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So did you earn your insurance through your labor or did your employer give it to you as a gift?

How about your paycheck. Did you earn it or was it a gift from your employer?

If they gave you your paycheck, they would have a right to tell you how to spend it. (No liquor. That's a sin.)

If you earned it, you can spend it any way you like.

Same with your health insurance.
Irrelevant, meaningless comment....

Old 07-12-2014, 12:35 PM

610 posts, read 557,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Simple, so many people think that their rights should be paid for by everyone else. This whole contraception issue is just like that.

Pregnancy isn't a disease, it is a choice as the result of other choices, good or bad. The problem is that liberals want the good choices and bad choices to be paid for by others.

If they choose to have children, get the village in line and have them pay for it too.
The problem is not the liberals, though. Or rather, not just the liberals. The liberals want to violate business owners' natural rights to conduct their own business as they see fit, to be sure. What is the minimum wage? A demand by the government that two consenting parties must either agree that one party will work for free, or over a certain threshold determined arbitrarily by some party with no right to dictate the terms of employment. Likewise with forcing employers to pay for healthcare, or for forcing taxpayers to cover welfare benefits for less productive members of society. Also true of affirmative action and "green energy" subsidies. Really, the entire horrible, job-killing welfare state is largely the responsibility of liberals and Neocons.

That said, conservatives are just as bad. When was the last time I could opt out of having my tax money fund Raytheon Missile Systems' violent escapades against foreigners who couldn't point out the United States on a map? When was the last time I could say no, I don't want my tax money to pay for loans to foreign governments so the ExIm bank can prop up Boeing's hyper-inflated prices? Have I ever been able to say no, I don't want my tax money to fund Medicare Part D or Halliburton's helicopters they sell to foreign governments to fight the drug war? I must have also forgotten that time when an individual had "legal standing" to bring suit against the jackboots that kicked his door down in FedGov-issued war-armor with flash bangs to serve a search warrant, because the conservatives must be "tough on crime." Civil asset forfeiture is also a "conservative" brainchild. Many of the most conservative politicians would also tell me that, if I have a friend who is a Mexican national and superbly suited to a position I have open in my business, that I cannot have him come here. I must instead hire an American.... or... at the very least... fill out mountains of paperwork to prove he's worthy of coming to work for me. They have no right to intervene in any non-violent contract between two private parties.

Make no mistake, conservatives have just as little respect for natural rights (read: property rights) as liberals do. They just cloak it in pro-business rhetoric.

This country needs to rid itself entirely of the left-right paradigm, and stop blaming the other side for how bad things are. It's politicians in general who are terrible.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:25 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,146,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
To Mr. the human being. Saw this this morning and thought of you.
Glad to hear it. You didn't cross my mind at all.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post

I approve this message.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So you really rationalize, somehow, that paying taxes and personal responsibility are mutually exclusive?

That since I'm forced by the government to pay taxes on what I earn through my own labor, that the concept of personal responsibility is a myth?

I guess it wouldn't occur to you that working to pay those taxes ( and to incidently provide for one's own needs instead of sitting back and letting others do it) is part of personal responsibility? That meeting the obligations and responsibilities one has contracted for is part of personal responsibility?

No, I guess I could acquiesce to your twisted notion of personal responsibility as evil, stop being a wage-earner, stop paying those taxes, sit back and let everyone else take care of my needs, claiming that I'm "poor", and I'm owed everything, like so many of your liberal friends seem to advocate.

The problem then, of course, is what you do when you run out of other people's money....
These are totally foreign concepts to the Entitlement mindset. Self-reliance and personal responsible does not register in their entitlement dependent minds. They hate other people's success yet demand that they be beneficiaries of that success. They want their cake and yours too.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
His insulin IS covered; he just has to pay a copay. Now, if he was getting his care and meds from the VA, he'd probably be paying nothing, as my FIL (WWII veteran, former POW) is. His gripe is that he has to pay a "high copay", which probably means he's on an expensive name-brand insulin. Traditional insurance formularies assign high copayments to the most expensive drugs, and/or name brands.
I realize with your degree as a medical physician and expert in how to milk the taxpayer for every benefit you can, this will be totally beyond your mental comprehension. I take whatever my doctors prescribe. Take my Vytorin for example: I have tried the generics, Lypidor and all the rest. Blood test show that only Vitorin produces the desired results for me. I have taken insulin all my life. The insulin I now take as per my physician and gloucose tests indicate is producing the best and most stable results I have had in years. Please don't prescribe my meds for me since you are not my physician. You are a typical liberal. You deem yourself expert in everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or