U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 04:20 PM

7,282 posts, read 8,388,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Well, something is working really well for me. I'm really increasing in reputation comments. Have eight new ones this morning. Many apparently appreciate my immature comments.
Really.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:24 PM

4,255 posts, read 2,802,642 times
I am just amazed at the ignorance of men about women's biology. They don't have one iota about the pain that women go through all the time. I would like to see men deal with what women deal with but I don't think there are many who could handle it. And I am flabbergasted that these ignorant men try to dictate what women need when they don't have the slightest clue of what they are talking about.

I wish they would leave women's health issues to women & their doctors and not to idiots who have radio shows, men who post on message boards, religious leaders, employers, and certainly NOT politicians.

Cat

Old 07-16-2014, 02:55 PM

36,434 posts, read 41,645,868 times
amen sister!

Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 PM

7,282 posts, read 8,388,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I am just amazed at the ignorance of men about women's biology. They don't have one iota about the pain that women go through all the time. I would like to see men deal with what women deal with but I don't think there are many who could handle it. And I am flabbergasted that these ignorant men try to dictate what women need when they don't have the slightest clue of what they are talking about.

I wish they would leave women's health issues to women & their doctors and not to idiots who have radio shows, men who post on message boards, religious leaders, employers, and certainly NOT politicians.

Cat
I agree, leave women's health issues to women. Buy your own contraception. Let men buy condoms. If you don't want to get pregnant, women...buy your own contraceptives and then insist that the man or men you have sex with wear a condom.

Now, lets see how many women are willing to accept the responsibilities they want to claim is theirs.

If it is your body (and I in complete agreement with that) then by golly, take at least some responsibility for it without making everyone else pay for it. This isn't about managing periods, it is about avoiding pregnancies. Men don't get pregnant, they contribute to the act that causes it. But lets be clear about things, the man can't get a woman pregnant if the woman doesn't allow it (outside of rape) so stop acting like everything is beyond the control of the woman when women claim it is theirs to control.

Then control it already. If you can't keep your legs closed, then stop blaming that on everyone else.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:41 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,082,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
I agree, leave women's health issues to women. Buy your own contraception. Let men buy condoms. If you don't want to get pregnant, women...buy your own contraceptives and then insist that the man or men you have sex with wear a condom.

Now, lets see how many women are willing to accept the responsibilities they want to claim is theirs.

If it is your body (and I in complete agreement with that) then by golly, take at least some responsibility for it without making everyone else pay for it. This isn't about managing periods, it is about avoiding pregnancies. Men don't get pregnant, they contribute to the act that causes it. But lets be clear about things, the man can't get a woman pregnant if the woman doesn't allow it (outside of rape) so stop acting like everything is beyond the control of the woman when women claim it is theirs to control.

Then control it already. If you can't keep your legs closed, then stop blaming that on everyone else.
This isn't about who pays for contraceptives, but allowing religious ideals to be imposed from for profit companies. Personally, I think we should give out contraceptives free like a candy dish. Every baby not born into poverty, and a life of welfare, SS, and food stamps would easily offset the small cost of contraceptives.

Your comments about a women keeping her legs closed is just rude. You should stop having erections and begging her to spread them. Hello, it's what we do, and we both have desires, so for you to blame women is just silly.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:53 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,145,334 times
Well, those old white haired left wing religious zealots in the Senate just lobed another bomb in their unrelenting war on women. They came up with a bill to win votes by circumventing the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case. The Bill was defeated by Senate Republicans. It seems the Senate Republicans wanted to allow contraceptives to be sold over the counter without the requirement for a prescription. This would open contraceptive purchases by teen girls without their parent's knowledge. The Democrats would have no part of such a bill. Oh well.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:59 PM

36,434 posts, read 41,645,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Well, those old white haired left wing religious zealots in the Senate just lobed another bomb in their unrelenting war on women. They came up with a bill to win votes by circumventing the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case. The Bill was defeated by Senate Republicans. It seems the Senate Republicans wanted to allow contraceptives to be sold over the counter without the requirement for a prescription. This would open contraceptive purchases by teen girls without their parent's knowledge. The Democrats would have no part of such a bill. Oh well.
you know damn good and well this is not what happened. There are many many medicines which will always need a doctor's exam and prescription. Hormones are dangerous things to mess with and any medicine which , taken regularly influences hormones will always need a script.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:22 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,145,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
you know damn good and well this is not what happened. There are many many medicines which will always need a doctor's exam and prescription. Hormones are dangerous things to mess with and any medicine which , taken regularly influences hormones will always need a script.
I beg your pardon. Watch or read the news. That's where I got it from. The Senate voted on it this very day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or