Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 06:45 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,123,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Why should anyone but the person engaging in the sexual act pay for the contraception? If the answer is because the consequences are more of a burden then that is called blackmail.

I guess asking women to close their legs is too much to ask. If a woman can't figure out how to obtain contraceptives, then that woman and the man involved should be neutered or otherwise rendered incapable of engaging in the act.

Leave it to liberals to figure out a way to blame other for their inability to obtain contraception without getting others to pay for it.

So why should anyone but the person in the sexual act have to pay for vasectomies and viagara?

Such hypocrisy from the right as per usual.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:35 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
What about a woman's right to work for a livable wage? And what about her right to have her employer pay for her health care? Most men do not realize that many women use birth control to regulate their cycle. I once knew a woman who was taking THREE pills at the same time to control her bleeding. So, if she had a boss like Hobby Lobby, she would have been S.O.L. but luckily she had a boss who understood that birth control was for her health care. And btw, her boss was Uncle Sam. She was active duty when this happened.

And as for the wealth being redistributed, that redistribution is going UP not down. Our tax payers $$$$ go to subsidize rich oil companies, big Pharm, & many, many more. Also, because many companies like Walmart & even Hobby Lobby pay minimum wage (which is NOT a livable wage), we all pay because those hard working people have to make ends meet by collecting food stamps and other help. They are FAR from lazy. Many work a couple of jobs and still need help.

And for the record-I am a disable veteran. So yeah, I paid my dues and I'm still paying it because I do pay my taxes.

Cat
You're from one end of the spectrum to the other. You hate big oil and Wal Mart. I don't hate either. Let's take Exon. I own stock in this corporation myself. They employ thousands of people, offer excellent benefits including a discounted stock purchase option to its employees. They pay an excellent competitive wage. They force no one to work for them. Walmart is a huge publicly traded company. They employ thousands of people. They don't pay nearly as good as big oil but they don't force anyone to work for them either. You can buy stock in Walmart if you wish. They offer reduced prices since they get their merchandise straight from the producer, offer it for sale in their many stores and only pay the producer for the merchandise as it is sold. They are publicly traded and anyone can purchase their stock and a lot of ordinary Americans are making good money from Walmart stock.

I simply cannot fathom why you liberals cannot abide success.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:54 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,292,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
You're from one end of the spectrum to the other. You hate big oil and Wal Mart. I don't hate either. Let's take Exon. I own stock in this corporation myself. They employ thousands of people, offer excellent benefits including a discounted stock purchase option to its employees. They pay an excellent competitive wage. They force no one to work for them. Walmart is a huge publicly traded company. They employ thousands of people. They don't pay nearly as good as big oil but they don't force anyone to work for them either. You can buy stock in Walmart if you wish. They offer reduced prices since they get their merchandise straight from the producer, offer it for sale in their many stores and only pay the producer for the merchandise as it is sold. They are publicly traded and anyone can purchase their stock and a lot of ordinary Americans are making good money from Walmart stock.

I simply cannot fathom why you liberals cannot abide success.
So now you brag about stock in a company who never paid reparations for the Valdez oil spill and ruined American lives? And we give them subsides to screw over more Americans? You have a skewed vision of patriot.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:25 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Hey there. Don't be so quick to dismiss a whole generation. I'm 68 years old and fought tooth and nail for the rights women of today seem to take for granted. ERA, NOW and Roe v Wade were all part of my battleground and I'm very proud of my contributions as well as the contributions of my sisters and even brothers who marched and walked side by side with us. It was not easy. We were maligned and snickered at and called names as we fought and stood up for these rights. Very much like the LBGT community of the past few decades.
You're right, no kudzu. Thank you for the work you did for our gender. I've always thought I was born three decades too late, I would've loved to march with you

Old 07-10-2014, 08:32 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
So why should anyone but the person in the sexual act have to pay for vasectomies and viagara?

Such hypocrisy from the right as per usual.
After all of the facts placed in front of you, you're still holding onto that.

Fact: 16 different types of birth control are covered. The 4 that the owners feel cause an abortion will not be covered. ED pills and vasectomies have absolutely nothing to do with abortion.

Try being intellectually honest.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
After all of the facts placed in front of you, you're still holding onto that.

Fact: 16 different types of birth control are covered. The 4 that the owners feel cause an abortion will not be covered. ED pills and vasectomies have absolutely nothing to do with abortion.

Try being intellectually honest.
And you should consider the same. A contraceptive simply prevents the semen from entering the egg. Therefore no pregnancy has occurred, and abortion is not required. The belief that contraceptives are a form of abortion is simply ignorant.

The Green and Hahn families believe that life begins at conception which they equate to fertilization, and object to their closely-held for-profit corporations providing health insurance coverage to their female employees of four FDA-approved contraceptives that the Green and Hahn families believe may prevent implantation of a fertilized egg (many doctors and scientists disagree), which the Green and Hahn families believe constitute an abortion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebelius_v._Hobby_Lobby

Old 07-11-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
So now you brag about stock in a company who never paid reparations for the Valdez oil spill and ruined American lives? And we give them subsides to screw over more Americans? You have a skewed vision of patriot.
If you read, I stated that their stock is owned by people. If you hate the company then you hate people. Many retirees own stock in big oil and live off the dividends. They also provide a huge number of good paying jobs for people. How many jobs do you provide?

Who do you work for? Is it not a corporation or a man or family more wealthy than you. Yes, I am patriotic. I have proven it. You make gestures and complain.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
And you should consider the same. A contraceptive simply prevents the semen from entering the egg. Therefore no pregnancy has occurred, and abortion is not required. The belief that contraceptives are a form of abortion is simply ignorant.

The Green and Hahn families believe that life begins at conception which they equate to fertilization, and object to their closely-held for-profit corporations providing health insurance coverage to their female employees of four FDA-approved contraceptives that the Green and Hahn families believe may prevent implantation of a fertilized egg (many doctors and scientists disagree), which the Green and Hahn families believe constitute an abortion.

Burwell v. Hobby Lobby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You holler for your rights. Why not allow that family their rights? You're not screaming about the union carve out. Typical liberal mindset. MY WAY!! I want my rights, you have none. No one is forced to work for HL. Let them find other jobs if they are angry over the Court's decision. I'll bet not a single employee has quit.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
You holler for your rights. Why not allow that family their rights? You're not screaming about the union carve out. Typical liberal mindset. MY WAY!! I want my rights, you have none. No one is forced to work for HL. Let them find other jobs if they are angry over the Court's decision. I'll bet not a single employee has quit.
What does this have to do with a contraceptive (prevention of fertilization) being considered an abortion? Keep up with the subject matter. How do you feel about your perceived 2nd amendment rights? I'm not registered to a single political party by the way, and ascribe to ideals of both. The separation has been challenged here, and if you can't understand this I don't know how to make it any clearer. You do seem to violate common respect though.

Do you know the difference between God and Electrician?

God doesn't think he's an Electrician.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:07 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No PJA, you specifically responded to a post that I made that was referring to abortion. If you have trouble comprehending posts then perhaps you shouldn't be on here.
YOU changed it to abortion but the original conversation was talking about contraceptives and the poster said if contraceptives should be covered then so should insulin End of story. Obviously you're the one with the comprehension problem since YOU changed it to abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events