U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:59 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,535,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Cracker Barrel is within it's right to fire.
The more vexing question is why, with the industrial prison swill they serve, how they prosper?
In a less insane world Cracker Barrel would be prosecuted for poisoning it's rube customers.
Clearly you haven't been in Cracker Barrel OR prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 07:09 AM

534 posts, read 670,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Clearly you haven't been in Cracker Barrel OR prison.
I was in the military on a ship you could not leave, may have well have been a prison. I had the misfortune of happening upon a "Cracker Barrel" and was amazed how industrial prison food is accepted by the public at large.
Next , you will argue the merits of the "golden coral" , no doubt!

Old 07-03-2014, 07:34 AM
PJA

2,387 posts, read 2,377,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfProfessional View Post
I'm surprised to see how many people here support theft. It's quite revealing about our society.
Why are you surprised? People love the idea of taking from those they feel have too much and giving it to those they feel need more. The government does the same thing legally, under the guise of taxation.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:48 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,535,320 times
Quote:
I was in the military on a ship you could not leave, may have well have been a prison. I had the misfortune of happening upon a "Cracker Barrel" and was amazed how industrial prison food is accepted by the public at large.
Having eaten both in Cracker Barrel and prison (I used to advise a prison group), there's no comparison. Not even close. That is unless you order the hyperbole.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:22 AM

3,510 posts, read 2,794,198 times
Quote:

Its standard breakfast diner food. If you hold your nose up any higher in the air you'll fall over backwards I'm afraid.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:15 PM

13,478 posts, read 9,597,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post

Its standard breakfast diner food. If you hold your nose up any higher in the air you'll fall over backwards I'm afraid.
Like Denny's or IHOP?

Never been to a Cracker Barrel, we don't have them in Las Vegas, but the reviews I've read haven't been good.

I'm okay with IHOP, Denny's, Outback, etc. so I'm just asking.

I think they may have hurt their brand with this move. The media is all over it.
Maybe instead of firing him, they could have said " I think it's time for you to retire" and gifted him with 10k? I think more than 10k in damage has been done to their brand.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying it's smart, but too late now.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:16 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,794,198 times
[quote=NLVgal;35501265]Like Denny's or IHOP?

Never been to a Cracker Barrel, we don't have them in Las Vegas, but the reviews I've read haven't been good.

Probably a step up from Denny's. Nothing worth writing home about but not what I would call bad either.

Quote:
I think they may have hurt their brand with this move. The media is all over it.
Maybe instead of firing him, they could have said " I think it's time for you to retire" and gifted him with 10k? I think more than 10k in damage has been done to their brand.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying it's smart, but too late now.

What kind of precedent does that set? How would that look to other employees? Disobey the rules repeatedly and get rewarded for your actions?

Old 07-03-2014, 01:22 PM

11,023 posts, read 6,574,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yeah.. Let's reward people for stealing at work.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yeah.. Let's reward people for stealing at work.
Sometimes as a business, you have to make moves that you hold your nose and do.
Been there, made those calls.

And some old fart handing out a muffin or drinking a coke was an employer's mine fire in the making.

I guarantee you, they've already spent ten grand on this. Probably a lot more.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:48 PM

[quote=Juram;35501288]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Like Denny's or IHOP?

Probably a step up from Denny's. Nothing worth writing home about but not what I would call bad either.

What kind of precedent does that set? How would that look to other employees? Disobey the rules repeatedly and get rewarded for your actions?

You don't go into business to set a precedent. You are there to make a profit. This was a made-for-media, perfect fiasco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or