U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-02-2014, 10:48 AM
 
12,089 posts, read 5,663,452 times
Reputation: 13606

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
I misread your post.

So rather than inconveniencing yourself, you would rather inconvenience a company and infringe upon their right to choose how they run their business because you are too lazy to find a job that fits your standards and your lifestyle. So no you expect a company to conform to fit your views instead of the other way around.
You still misread my post. Read it again & tell me where in that post I said anything about telling a company that I work for how to run their business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2014, 10:49 AM
PJA
 
2,387 posts, read 2,387,485 times
Reputation: 1128
[quote=brightdoglover;35481651]
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
hypocrites

While I am appalled by the SC ruling and its justifications and implications, if HL isn't covering some BC because it considers them to cause abortions, then Viagra and vasectomies aren't hypocrisy, as they don't cause abortions. However, giving corporations personhood and cherry piecing a subset of a subset of a single benefit in a health insurance plan and giving it religious impetus is a very steep and slippery slope. I agree that a comprehensive single-payer plan is necessary, and always was, but this Congress and current Supreme makeup isn't gonna play. Maybe it'd be a bit better if a white person were the Democrat as president. (I still say that the only reason Obama could win at all is because his skin color isn't related to the slavery days, and yet look at the hysterical objections to him and policies).

It still wouldn't work IMO. The problem is the government needs to either stay out of the medical industry, or take over it completely and get rid of the insurance companies. Trying to skirt the line between the two isn't going to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2014, 10:49 AM
 
7,282 posts, read 8,436,427 times
Reputation: 11407
[quote=Jo48;35481225]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post

The religious exemption does not only apply to HL. Catholic employers will object to diaphrams and sterlizations also. Reading comprehension. Why is a employee having a D&C???? Abortion or a medical condition. Religious employer will want to know WHY. So an employee has to tell boss their medicaly problems.
No one has to tell anyone anything. Pay for it yourself. No questions, no answers needed.

Why do people think contraception is anyone else's responsibility?

Go out and buy insurance that covers contraception. No one owes you insurance that pays for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2014, 10:50 AM
PJA
 
2,387 posts, read 2,387,485 times
Reputation: 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You still misread my post. Read it again & tell me where in that post I said anything about telling a company that I work for how to run their business?
If you want them to offer something that they don't want to offer, then you are telling them how to run their business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2014, 10:51 AM
PJA
 
2,387 posts, read 2,387,485 times
Reputation: 1128
[quote=Mack Knife;35481712]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

No one has to tell anyone anything. Pay for it yourself. No questions, no answers needed.

Why do people think contraception is anyone else's responsibility?

Go out and buy insurance that covers contraception. No one owes you insurance that pays for it.
I agree....btw I didn't post that...jo had quoted me in that post but must have deleted a tag somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2014, 10:54 AM
 
13,488 posts, read 9,680,516 times
Reputation: 17442
[quote=PJA;35481710]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post


It still wouldn't work IMO. The problem is the government needs to either stay out of the medical industry, or take over it completely and get rid of the insurance companies. Trying to skirt the line between the two isn't going to work.
Agreed 100%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2014, 11:01 AM
 
12,089 posts, read 5,663,452 times
Reputation: 13606
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
If you want them to offer something that they don't want to offer, then you are telling them how to run their business.
Is there a reason that you are deliberately misreading what I posted? Again, tell me where in that post I am telling my company how to run their business? Where did I say anything about forcing a company to offer a certain benefit? Where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2014, 11:13 AM
 
5,689 posts, read 3,232,614 times
Reputation: 6669
[quote=Mack Knife;35481712]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

No one has to tell anyone anything. Pay for it yourself. No questions, no answers needed.

Why do people think contraception is anyone else's responsibility?

Go out and buy insurance that covers contraception. No one owes you insurance that pays for it.
Reading comprehension. The Pill has other uses besides birth control. A D & C does also. So if a virgin young girl needs the Pill to regulate her periods her DAD must pay for that because "pay for your own danmed birth control"? If a woman has tumors in her uterus and requires hospitalization, pay for your own damned "birth control" surgery? Should women also have to pay for their own damned Labor and Deliver also? If you say yes to that one, maybe women should not have to pay for not only your damned Viagra, but also not pay for you damned prostate surgery?

I think this goes beyond birth control. Too many MEN are ignorant of woman's health issues, and don't give a damn about females. There isn't a War on Women? Sounds like it to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2014, 11:14 AM
PJA
 
2,387 posts, read 2,387,485 times
Reputation: 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Is there a reason that you are deliberately misreading what I posted? Again, tell me where in that post I am telling my company how to run their business? Where did I say anything about forcing a company to offer a certain benefit? Where?
The belief that a company should be forced to offer something to an employee is telling them how to run their business. If you agree with this practice then you are agreeing with telling someone how to run their business. If not, then why did you even address me since I was talking to someone who actually holds this view?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2014, 11:17 AM
PJA
 
2,387 posts, read 2,387,485 times
Reputation: 1128
[quote=Jo48;35482133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post

Reading comprehension. The Pill has other uses besides birth control. A D & C does also. So if a virgin young girl needs the Pill to regulate her periods her DAD must pay for that because "pay for your own danmed birth control"? If a woman has tumors in her uterus and requires hospitalization, pay for your own damned "birth control" surgery? Should women also have to pay for their own damned Labor and Deliver also? If you say yes to that one, maybe women should not have to pay for not only your damned Viagra, but also not pay for you damned prostate surgery?

I think this goes beyond birth control. Too many MEN are ignorant of woman's health issues, and don't give a damn about females. There isn't a War on Women? Sounds like it to me.

They have other pills that work for this.

And technically yes a woman should have to pay for her own delivery and labor (or her husband), either that or not get pregnant in the first place. This is why we have insurance to pay for things we can't pay out of pocket for. And this is why we should shop around and find the best insurance that fits our needs. If the one our employer offers doesn't work then we should shop around...like we do for everything else.

The bottom line is, the government should take over the whole thing and run it as they see fit instead of trying to force companies into offering benefits/services they don't want to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top