U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:57 AM

30,618 posts, read 9,156,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Please get yourself educated & quit listening to lies. IUD's & the morning after are not abortifacients. I am not going to say it again, get it thru your head, ok?
Sorry, you are going to have to say it again, as will I--even the FDA (as did the Obama administration in its brief) defines morning after pill and IUDs (which prevent implantation of a fertilized egg) that way, so you can chuck the "educate yourself if you disagree with me" attitude.

There's also nothing in that decision that restricts women's access to health care. Sandra Fluke simply has to pay for her own recreational sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 10:03 AM

12,089 posts, read 5,626,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Sorry, you are going to have to say it again, as will I--even the FDA (as did the Obama administration in its brief) defines morning after pill and IUDs (which prevent implantation of a fertilized egg) that way, so you can chuck the "educate yourself if you disagree with me" attitude.

There's also nothing in that decision that restricts women's access to health care. Sandra Fluke simply has to pay for her own recreational sex.
Please provide proof of the FDA definition of IUD's & the morning after pill. And I have no problem w/the company providing coverage for other birth control methods. My problem is people thinking IUD's & the morning after are abortifacients when they are in fact, NOT.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:55 PM

5,669 posts, read 3,213,409 times
Stupid Hobby Lobby. Are they monitoring their "approved" regular BC pills? Woman on the Pill forgets to take a day or two of her pills, and doubles and triples up on them. Hey, Hobby Lobby That IS the Morning after Pill. It has the SAME hormones in it (higher doses) as their approved regular pills.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:21 AM

7,282 posts, read 8,409,535 times
If you can't afford your own contraceptives, stop screwing around.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:14 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,108,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Why, the government will pay for them.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:17 PM

13,488 posts, read 9,635,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Liberals can't stand what you've said.

...which is why I love what you've said.
Could someone please define "liberal" for me? I'm pretty centrist. I support the second amendment, I support the death penalty, and I support a woman's right to choose whether or not it's a good time in her life to have a baby.

The problem with the Hobby Lobby case is the fact that it was SCOTUS, so it has far reaching consequences.

Men like to have sex. Sometimes, sex has consequences. I don't think a man should be forced to be a father, and I don't think a woman should be forced to be a mother.

Birth control is best. It should be free. When I was in HS, it was easier to score coke than a birth control RX. Think on that, because humans are not going to suddenly start not having sex. That option is off the table.

Solutions?

Old 07-19-2014, 02:09 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,108,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Could someone please define "liberal" for me? I'm pretty centrist. I support the second amendment, I support the death penalty, and I support a woman's right to choose whether or not it's a good time in her life to have a baby.

The problem with the Hobby Lobby case is the fact that it was SCOTUS, so it has far reaching consequences.

Men like to have sex. Sometimes, sex has consequences. I don't think a man should be forced to be a father, and I don't think a woman should be forced to be a mother.

Birth control is best. It should be free. When I was in HS, it was easier to score coke than a birth control RX. Think on that, because humans are not going to suddenly start not having sex. That option is off the table.

Solutions?
Easy, a liberal is anyone who does not ascribe to Faux news sheeple politics. If you're capable of independent thought and vote for both parties you fail this standard and are labeled liberal, and in a derogatory way!

Old 07-20-2014, 01:03 AM

4,094 posts, read 2,834,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Please get yourself educated & quit listening to lies. IUD's & the morning after are not abortifacients. I am not going to say it again, get it thru your head, ok?
My previous comment said "products that end life." Furthermore, it did not mention IUDs or the morning after pill, each of which is excluded by function from the scope of my previous comment.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
That would require personal responsibility, which is antithetical to the intent of "free birth control."

Old 07-20-2014, 01:20 AM

Quote:
I support a woman's right to choose
At what point in time does a woman obtain "the right to choose?"

Quote:
Birth control is best. It should be free.
Nothing is free. Who should have to pay for it, if not the consumer? Why or why not?

Quote:
When I was in HS, it was easier to score coke than a birth control RX.
There's nothing that an underage girl needs more than BC pills - considering that she's too young to be having sex.

Quote:
Think on that, because humans are not going to suddenly start not having sex. That option is off the table.
There are plenty of other methods of contraception besides BC pills. And yes, abstinence is one of them - the most effective one, at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events