Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:25 PM

534 posts, read 899,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yep.....and here we have the worthless criticism.

Was there a point to any of that???
That beck, the carny to the rubes, the fleecer of the elderly never fails to reinvent himself for the pursuit of filthy lucre.
Yet the beguiled still anoint him with a halo. And send in those monthly checks...

Glen beck is the problem with media. Faux news created a monster that even they had to release into the wilds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 02:57 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,574,722 times
I saw this thread in the side bar "Active Threads on this Forum" and started laughing because a picture of Beck standing in the desert crying instantly popped into my head:

Glenn Beck Crying Compilation - YouTube

Old 07-10-2014, 05:03 PM

291 posts, read 390,429 times
Oh my god. "That day after 9/11... on 9/12..." I'm trying not to laugh out loud.

I say whenever somebody goes to help, let their motivations be. Help isn't about the person doing, it's the person receiving, so who cares whether the helper is an ******* or a saint.

Hopefully he can provide assistance to someone who needs it.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:16 PM

371 posts, read 452,310 times
Glenn Beck intends to fake cry enough tears into water bottles for poor kids who he doesn't want to have documentation or healthcare.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:17 PM

7,050 posts, read 8,865,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post

I don't read The Blaze, so maybe someone can clarify. Is that Mr. Beck's own hosted website?
Yep, it's his, I have listened to his radio show a few times, it's like going to a comedy club where the comedians laugh at their own jokes, luckily Herman Cain is on another station during that time slot.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:27 PM

4,615 posts, read 12,218,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Glen beck headmaster to the rubes:

"Glen beck is a rodeo clown" glen beck
"I have discovered FEMA death camps!" Glen beck
""Obama is creating a paramilitary minority group, to take guns" glen beck
2. "I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", "The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005 (Source)

1. "This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture....I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist." –on President Obama, sparking an advertiser exodus from his FOX News show, July 28, 2009 (Source)

2. "I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", "The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005 (Source)

3. "When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005 (Source)

4. "The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005 (Source)

5. "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007 (Source)

6. "I have been nervous about this interview with you because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. ... And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." –interviewing Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim U.S. congressman, Glen Beck's show on CNN's Headline News, Nov. 14, 2006 (Source)

7. "Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization...And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did. That's what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing]." –"The Glenn Beck Program," May 1, 2007 (Source)

8. "So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening." –"The Glenn Beck Program," March 9, 2009 (Source)

9. "You have the artwork of Mussolini there, here in New York at Rockefeller Plaza." –analyzing the artwork decorating Rockefeller Plaza, which he said contained a hammer and sickle, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel, Sept. 2, 2009 (Source)

10. "O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y." –misspelling "oligarchy" on his chalk board while claiming he had deciphered a secret code that he said was proof President Obama was trying to create an "Oligarhy," Aug. 27, 2009, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel (Source)

Bonus Quote

"You know, we all have our inner demons. I, for one – I can't speak for you, but I'm on the verge of moral collapse at any time. It can happen by the end of the show." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Nov. 6, 2006 (Source)
How people can buy into this is beyond me. I was watching Fox somewhere and they claimed the president, and John Boehner were calling for flags to be flow at half staff in honor of the Boston bombing victims. The intent was to give credit to Boehner even though he has no authority. Half staff is authorized by presidents, and governors only. They use the ole if we tell a lie enough it is perceived as truth. Obamaphone is another thing Obama had nothing to do with. Glenn Beck creates hate, and uses it as a tool to gain a specific agenda. Anyone who believes a single political party has all the answers is a sheeple.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,157,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I came across this article on the web this morning. While Mr. Beck is a highly controversial figure in his politically charged media role, could it be that he actually is wanting to help? Or do you feel this is a media ploy to sell tickets? He mentions in the article, that people tell him he's losing members on his website, and losing donation money. Does this mean that's an important decision making step for Glenn? One that has to be guided by membership to his campaign, or do you feel like this is genuine?

Here's the article.. ‘We Must Open Our Hearts’: Glenn Beck Announces Major Border Event in Texas | Video | TheBlaze.com

I don't read The Blaze, so maybe someone can clarify. Is that Mr. Beck's own hosted website?

Regards!
I've never been a Beck fan, but have come across him saying more than one or two sane things in the last few months. Maybe he's not happy being marginalized.

Frankly, I believe he feels bad for those kids. It is very sad to have your parents send you from your home because being there poses such danger. Then they get here and have rude, idiotic adults screaming at them, protesting their presence and running them out of town. Anyone with an ounce of humanity should feel for them and be ashamed of the reaction of certain adults who behave like the villagers in Frankenstein.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,381,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
How people can buy into this is beyond me. I was watching Fox somewhere and they claimed the president, and John Boehner were calling for flags to be flow at half staff in honor of the Boston bombing victims. The intent was to give credit to Boehner even though he has no authority. Half staff is authorized by presidents, and governors only. They use the ole if we tell a lie enough it is perceived as truth. Obamaphone is another thing Obama had nothing to do with. Glenn Beck creates hate, and uses it as a tool to gain a specific agenda. Anyone who believes a single political party has all the answers is a sheeple.
They buy into it the same way people buy into the promises of their party candidates. The ones they admire and look up to, the ones who lie whenever they speak. The ones who know more about the ones to hate and don't listen to the ones they admire.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:27 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,649,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Even if his intentions are genuine, it will appear to be self-promotion, and will likely benefit him in some way. Their is no way to tell what's truly in his heart. But for me personally, I remain skeptical.
Then why does he say he is going beforehand? Why not just show up and start helping. Why announce it? Who was it, Sean Penn maybe? I don't know some celebrity showed up in New Orleans after Katrina in his own boat and started helping people and handing out water or whatever. Didn't make a press announcement. Didn't post it on his blog. Just went.

full disclosure: I think Glenn Beck is FOS.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:31 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,207,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Then why does he say he is going beforehand? Why not just show up and start helping. Why announce it? Who was it, Sean Penn maybe? I don't know some celebrity showed up in New Orleans after Katrina in his own boat and started helping people and handing out water or whatever. Didn't make a press announcement. Didn't post it on his blog. Just went.

full disclosure: I think Glenn Beck is FOS.
I did not know Sean Penn had a radio show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events