Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 08:29 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Roosevelt would have said he's on the dole! Quite hypocratic to complain about others when you yourself are taking monies from the tax payer.
Of course it's hypocritical! He knows it too but since he's behind the safety of a keyboard he ignores his hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWingDesigns View Post
To pick on A veteran who served their country, did their time, and is getting what they are entitled to is absolutely disgusting. Everyone in this country has a right to speak their mind ( I will remind some of you, it is called freedom of speech. Some of you lovelies have it today thanks to a Vet!)

Ganging up on a Vet that just wants their say makes some of you look the real work you are to those of us who know your agenda.
Lol, please. That vet is a hypocrite & he knows it. I'm simply reminding him that he's on the public dole so to speak. He seems to forget that very obvious fact when he's whining about others receiving government handouts. He's the epitome of the receiver.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:37 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Your life is being supported by the government which is funded by the taxpayers.
I've paid more taxes that you ever have, Dear. I paid double FICA as well. I paid both the employer contribution and the employee contribution. Have you ever paid double FICA? Have you ever paid taxes as the sole proprietor of a business? Bought a business license? Paid employer FICA tax contributions for employees? Have you ever paid investment taxes? Please, tell me some more about taxes and who pays them.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
I've paid more taxes that you ever have, Dear. I paid double FICA as well. I paid both the employer contribution and the employee contribution. Have you ever paid double FICA? Have you ever paid taxes as the sole proprietor of a business? Bought a business license? Paid employer FICA tax contributions for employees? Have you ever paid investment taxes? Please, tell me some more about taxes and who pays them.
Your life is being supported by taxpayers. Just face the facts man.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Lol, please. That vet is a hypocrite & he knows it. I'm simply reminding him that he's on the public dole so to speak. He seems to forget that very obvious fact when he's whining about others receiving government handouts. He's the epitome of the receiver.
Take a walk by Arlington National Cemetery sometime and have a blast spitting on the graves there. That will make your day. It's folks like you that make the decent folks in this country sick to their stomachs.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Your life is being supported by taxpayers. Just face the facts man.
Tell us what YOU have contributed. Tell us what you have received. I've been open about myself.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
please explain your "logic" if you can......

your detailed excuse making does not justify one iota a wealthy man paying a smaller percentage of his income than a middle class man......

It's been on his back long enough already. 1/2 the people pay no federal income taxes. Everyone should pay some, even if it's $1.00.

You want the milk and honey but you want it at someone else's expense. You've already admitted that you are a coward.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Take a walk by Arlington National Cemetery sometime and have a blast spitting on the graves there. That will make your day. It's folks like you that make the decent folks in this country sick to their stomachs.
Lol, why would I do that? Don't be angry at me for taking the taxpayers money.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Let me address this claim that Obama is responsible for these military layoffs. Yes pink slips have been given due to sequester budget cuts.

Pentagon gives pink slips to thousands of soldiers, including active-duty officers | Fox News

Is Obama responsible? Of course he is commander in chief.

Here's what the sequester has done.

Defense spending

CBO projected in February 2013 that under the sequester and Budget Control Act caps:
  • Defense spending outlays (including "overseas contingency operations" for Iraq and Afghanistan) will be reduced from $670.3 billion in 2012 to approximately $627.6 billion in 2013, a decrease of $42.7 billion or 6.4%. Defense spending will fall again to $593.4 billion in 2014, a decrease of $34.2 billion or 5.5%.
Budget sequestration in 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Who's responsible for the sequester? Republicans held the debt ceiling hostage to get the sequester cuts.

Debt ceiling:
  • The debt ceiling was increased by $400 billion immediately.
  • The President could request a further increase of $500 billion, which is subject to a congressional motion of disapproval which the President may veto, in which case a two-thirds majority in Congress would be needed to override the veto. This has been called the 'McConnell mechanism' after the Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who first suggested it as part of another scheme.
Budget Control Act of 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So it is complete hypocrisy for Republicans to blame Obama for these layoffs when they forced these budget cuts by holding the debt ceiling hostage. Just more political babble from the GOP. Honestly, I support these cuts, and no one should be whining about saving money.
And once again the troops' ballots will be lost or not counted for some reason or another because the military despises their Commander-in-Chief and wil;l vote Republican.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Lol, why would I do that? Don't be angry at me for taking the taxpayers money.
You're a real piece of humanity. YUK!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events