Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2014, 12:27 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times

Advertisements

So I suppose the moral of the story is, if there's a child that went missing in your neighborhood, all dogs in their owners' backyards are in danger of being shot and killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 12:31 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
just watched the video.... there was a LOT of room between the dog's body and the gate.... wonder why the officer felt so threatened??

at least SOMEbody with the police department had the decency to act apologetic.... my heart broke for Geist's owner.... I can only imagine how distraught he was.....

as for those of you complaining of his foul language and saying he was lucky he wasn't arrested.... shame on YOU and I hope you NEVER have a pet under any circumstances because you obviously do not understand the bond that forms between a dog and his human....

and agreed..... those moronic parents bear a LOT of responsibility in this tragedy... how do you have a 3-year old and not know where he is EVERY SINGLE SECOND?? wonder how long they actually looked for him before they panicked and called in the cavalry....

smh.....

Old 08-06-2014, 12:48 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Oh, Pedro. How on earth did my mother, father, and grandmother ever manage to function when I wasn't immediately in sight? Or even worse, my hyperkinetic brother? Do you actually think they called the police to institute a neighborhood dragnet? How risible.

However, since it is possible, even probable, that this is what you think, Pedro, allow me to be very exact, very literal: no, my parents did not instantly think to call the police every time they couldn't find one of us.
So, you're just going to ignore the fact that you didn't know what "missing" meant?

Until you can figure out the definition of very simple words, you might want to skip over being the grammar police.

The child was wrapped in a blanket under a box and did not respond to the parents or police calling for him.

I guess it must be super awesome being a 100% flawless parent. Have you considered writing a book about how to be completely perfect in both life and writing?

Sorry, but people who act like they know everything and never make mistakes, really start to get to me after a while.

I bet you were thrilled when computers allowed you to look up synonyms so fast. It makes you look so smart.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:58 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you're just going to ignore the fact that you didn't know what "missing" meant?
Again, Pedro, the child wasn't "missing."

Old 08-06-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
just watched the video.... there was a LOT of room between the dog's body and the gate.... wonder why the officer felt so threatened??
The linked article didn't have the specifics, but I read them elsewhere.

According to another news article, the officer went into the backyard. He opened a shed and then started walking to the bushes when the dog appeared.

Quote:
at least SOMEbody with the police department had the decency to act apologetic.... my heart broke for Geist's owner.... I can only imagine how distraught he was.....
Agreed.

Quote:
and agreed..... those moronic parents bear a LOT of responsibility in this tragedy... how do you have a 3-year old and not know where he is EVERY SINGLE SECOND?? wonder how long they actually looked for him before they panicked and called in the cavalry....

smh.....
How many kids do you have?

Only crazy helicopter parents know where their 3-year-old is every second.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:07 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
At the time of the shooting, the child's whereabouts were unknown. I honestly cant tell if you are trolling or just dense.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
So, are you saying the parents and other police knew where the kid was and this was some sort of prank on other officers or are you stating that the kid was normally wrapped in a blanket under a box in the basement?

-----------

Missing - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
miss·ing

adjective \ˈmi-siŋ\ : unable to be found : not in a usual or expected place

------------

They couldn't find the child and was not in a usual or expected place. That is the very definition of missing.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
At the time of the shooting, the child's whereabouts were unknown. I honestly cant tell if you are trolling or just dense.
I think Jay is so certain he is correct on everything that he doesn't believe the dictionary's definition of "missing" is valid.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:12 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
as for those of you complaining of his foul language and saying he was lucky he wasn't arrested.... shame on YOU and I hope you NEVER have a pet under any circumstances because you obviously do not understand the bond that forms between a dog and his human....
Oh Ive had pets and been quite attached to them. However I still know their place and pecking order in the grand scheme of things. I also know better then to lose my cool in front of the police. They cut him some slack and thats the bottom line. He also ran his mouth online instead of dealing with them personally like a man and waffled over taking the settlement. Now they pulled it off the table and its going to take lawyers for him to attempt to get anything. So I hope he's ready.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:12 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:

smh.....
It is a dog, not a person. You can replace a dog. Stop being OVERLY dramatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events