Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 09:28 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Dr. Threw has such a good track record on "issues". Mindy McCready, Mike Starr, Joey Kovar , Rodney King, Jeff Conaway and Duncan Roy are dead.

Duncan Roy - The curse of 'Celebrity Rehab': Mindy McCready is fifth 'Rehab' alum to die - NY Daily News

Google "Alice in Chains"-- Rooster to listen to Mike Starr.

I never thought Robin Williams would run out of things to say.
Not a fan of Dr. Drew either, but I was surfing around and he was talking about Robin so I listened.

Regardless, I didn't think about the heart surgery and depression until he said it and thought it was worth mentioning.

Just one more "demon" piled upon the others in his life.

It is such a shock, especially since it seems he had sought out help very recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 09:33 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
He lost hope. Without hope for a better day, one may have a tendency to give up.

He was a wonderful talent who will be missed.

Let us learn from his death. If any is struggling with depression/hopelessness, understand you aren't alone get help.
/\ This. It doesn't matter if you're rich, poor, male, female, young or old. NEVER go it alone! As one who's battled depression, I've been down that road.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:36 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,272,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
This is only the 3rd time in my life that a celebrity's passing has gotten to me to the point of wanting to cry.
I have been on the edge of tears all night. I've never been this affected by the passing of a celebrity. I didn't know RW personally (though I did see him perform live once ... AMAZING) But he absolutely left many indelible, iconic marks on my generation.

We MUST stop burying depression under a shroud of shame!!! I can only hope that if any good comes from his death, it's that we realize how important it is to eradicate the stigma surrounding depression. The people battling the disease can find the strength to be open and honest and seek the treatment they need, and that those who aren't battling can seek to better understand the effects of depression on the people in their lives.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:40 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Not a fan of Dr. Drew either, but I was surfing around and he was talking about Robin so I listened.

Regardless, I didn't think about the heart surgery and depression until he said it and thought it was worth mentioning.

Just one more "demon" piled upon the others in his life.

It is such a shock, especially since it seems he had sought out help very recently.
He has been struggling for quite some time. He was on cocaine pretty bad when doing Mork and Mindy.. ( I really couldn't get into the show-- even though it was a hit) I liked his more subdued side in "Good Will Gone Hunting'. He actually made an outstanding- prolific, serious actor.. but I am assuming he didn't like that role because he was very hyper-viligant

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 08-11-2014 at 09:49 PM..

Old 08-11-2014, 09:41 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,114 times
Are people bracing themselves for the fact that Robin Williams will die soon? | IGN Boards

Old 08-11-2014, 09:46 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,166,603 times
I hope he is finally at peace. Depression lies!

Old 08-11-2014, 09:53 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
When I saw that news come across the screen we were shocked. Such a brilliant comedian and really good actor, so sad his personal life was so tortured. I didn't see this one coming at all.

I think he has a young Son and I remember him talking on a TV show about how having him was such a great experience. I guess it wasn't enough to help him beat him demons.

RIP.

Don

Old 08-11-2014, 10:08 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
May he now rest in peace. His troubles are over...
Actually his troubles might just be starting, and could last an eternity.
I also hopes he is able to RIP, however suicide is never the answer, and may be the worst choice anyone could ever make.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:28 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
A sad event, but many of us go through such hardships and do not have the resources or support he had. While it's regrettable he was mentally ill, such a prominent person has all of society's resources at his disposal.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:32 PM

412 posts, read 545,698 times
Feels like I lost a part of my childhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events