Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

North Carolina Woman Upset After Finding Nazi Symbol Drawn in Her McDonald's Sandwich - ABC News

Quote:
The North Carolina woman who said she discovered a butter-drawn swastika on the bun of her McDonald’s chicken sandwich feels “bad that someone was fired” but said she still worries that the employee failed to understand the gravity of the stunt.

“I felt so sick,” Charleigh Matice, 32, told ABC News today. “Did someone think this is a joke?”

Matice said she ordered a chicken sandwich at a McDonald’s drive-thru in Morehead City, North Carolina, last week. Just when she was about to put mayonnaise on her bun, she noticed the swastika drawn on the bread with what looked like butter.

“It took me back for a minute,” Matice said of the symbol of Nazism. “It was so offensive.”

Matice said she was later told that the employee drew the symbol because “he was bored.”
“I don’t know how old he was,” said Matice, who entered the restaurant to alert management after finding the symbol. “I went back into the kitchen, I saw two white males who looked like they were both in their late 20s.”

The owner of the local McDonald’s restaurant took swift action after learning of the incident, saying they terminated the employee who allegedly drew the sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 11:38 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
What does a swastika taste like? This woman should have kept her mouth shut.

Don't be stupid
Be a smarty
Come and join the Nazi Party!

Old 08-12-2014, 11:43 AM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Worker was an idiot and got fired as he should have. No need for the woman to get so emotional about it.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:56 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
If this had happened somewhere in Germany, the kid probably would have been arrested. But I do think the woman overreacted, unless she had ancestors affected by the holocaust. Then it might be understandable. I suppose the worker didn't have a grasp of how deeply some people feel about that particular symbol, if he had any knowledge of it at all.
Stupid move, but not worth firing him over unless there were other issues involved.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
A. why do people do stupid things? Why would that worker do that? Are people even born with brains nowadays? Honestly. B. the woman overeacted when she went to the press. It was an obnoxious thing to do, of course however no need to make a federal case over it.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:02 PM

59 posts, read 85,067 times
That McDonald's worker is the poster boy as to why the minimum wage should not be raised !

Old 08-12-2014, 12:03 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,016,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
A. why do people do stupid things?
Do you think you are average? Then half the people are more stupid than you.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:10 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdreamz View Post
Really? I go to McDonald's or Burger King or Subway to eat! I don't go there for political propaganda to be stamped on a piece of bread I am about to eat!

Can you even imagine the type of Lawsuit this woman could have filed against McDonalds?
Seriously?

Old 08-12-2014, 12:13 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Good thing it wasn't in the shape of a gun...or even worse, a cross.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:32 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdreamz View Post
Really? I go to McDonald's or Burger King or Subway to eat! I don't go there for political propaganda to be stamped on a piece of bread I am about to eat!

Can you even imagine the type of Lawsuit this woman could have filed against McDonalds?
Apparently you would give this incident way more significance than I would have. I would simply have wiped it off the bun, ate the sandwich, and moved on with my life. What possible grounds would there be for a lawsuit against McDonalds? A more justifiable lawsuit would be for the content of their food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events