Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:12 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think you can probably thank that guy Yashida or whatever his name is for most of the recent thread-moving on this forum.
I think I read some responses from that guy yesterday here and was thinking "how has that guy not gotten banned yet".
Boom, today his posts are removed - I think he got a permanent stay in banned camp.
There was another poster about a month or so ago - Chrisemerica or something. Likewise - banned camp for her and her threads got banished to the crazyland (P&C) forum.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:15 PM

50,780 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I think I read some responses from that guy yesterday here and was thinking "how has that guy not gotten banned yet".
Boom, today his posts are removed - I think he got a permanent stay in banned camp.
There was another poster about a month or so ago - Chrisemerica or something. Likewise - banned camp for her and her threads got banished to the crazyland (P&C) forum.
Yes, he's the one who wanted the 9 year old who accidentally shot her shooting instructor charged with murder, accusing her of being a "wanna-be thug".

Old 08-27-2014, 12:20 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, he's the one who wanted the 9 year old who accidentally shot her shooting instructor charged with murder, accusing her of being a "wanna-be thug".
Yeah he was extreme to put it into mild terms that don't violate the TOS. I am pretty sure that will be the last we hear from him under that user name.

Warning however - since this whole tread theoretically violates TOS by discussing moderator action, I assume it will be deleted.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:25 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
I'm out of this post for good. These are topics that are in the newspaper/TV and not under politics. CD should not let one person's opinion destroy an entire thread.

3 more of us from my work are out as well.

Good job PC cop!
Maybe some work will get done now

Old 08-27-2014, 12:37 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
IF that's happening, I wouldn't be surprised. It seems to me that many of the people who create threads for Current Events are posting just to inspire flaming. The manner in which they present the topic is often inflammatory and designed to rile up people who agree with them and/or incite people on the other side. They do not create the discussion thread in an even-handed, intelligent manner that would indicate that people can have polite discourse on subject about which they disagree.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You should have stuck with the weather in Vermont.

I guess so! And although there was no discussion of politics in the thread, you just know someone could enter a weather thread and say something stupid about politics. There's usually at least one in every crowd.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:55 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Personally, I think it was the same person.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:02 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
How was my thread regarding the Vermont diner controversial versus a current event? What current events are we to discuss here that aren't controversial? The weather?

Look at the forum - most of the threads have been moved even though they are current events, which usually are controversial.

C-D needs to call the other thread Politics and leave this one Current Events, including controversial subjects. I HATE POLITICS. If I wanted to see stupid poltical threads I would have visited that forum.
I just looked at your Vermont post and yes it was moved, but then it was closed. I guess since this forum belongs to CD per their terms they can do what they want with the posts. Most of the posts that have been moved have been closed.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I just looked at your Vermont post and yes it was moved, but then it was closed. I guess since this forum belongs to CD per their terms they can do what they want with the posts. Most of the posts that have been moved have been closed.
Interesting. I didn't go over there because I hate the discussion of politics. So if they're closing threads they feel are controversial, they should probably just call the other forum Politics and do a better job of explaining what is, and what isn't allowed here - because this is just silly.

Thanks for the heads up, CarolinaWoman.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:42 PM

5,341 posts, read 4,428,220 times
From the Terms of Service for your consideration:
Quote:
This forum is strictly moderated.
Quote:
This is not a chat room
Quote:
Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants.
Quote:
Discussing moderator actions (deleting/moving/editing threads or posts) is not allowed in the public forums. General concerns should be addressed in About the Forum. Any particular issues will only be dealt with in Direct Messages sent to a local moderator. All complaints should be sent via DM to the senior moderators, Yac or Marka.
Quote:
The owners of City-data.com forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Quote:
By registering and posting on City-Data.com's Forums you grant owners of City-data.com forum a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive right to license, use, modify, or publish your posts in any media and manner whatsoever.
And from the sticky at the top of this forum:

Quote:
Please don't bring politics into any topic on this forum. The Politics and Other Controversies forum is here. Do not respond to any political posts. Report them.

Very controversial topics should also be placed in the Politics and Other Controversies or another forum about them. No threads about gun laws, religion, gay marriage, abortion, unions, immigration, healthcare laws, minimum wage, taxes, etc. should be here
AND
Quote:
All threads not adhering to the above will be closed and moved to appropriate forums pending the local moderator review.
This thread is closed for moderation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events