Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Its very easy to find out who owns property, simply go to the City/County government. Due to a lovely thing called property tax, you can find out the history behind every parcel out there. If the Fed govt owns the land even that will be on record.

Not so easy. The government is not that transparent. It would be some name of a corporation few could track and nobody ever heard of.

More and more of our civil liberties have been taken from us and we will remain apathetic until it's too late. There's probably something going on that is making us apathetic, and one day that will be revealed, too.

When I was a kid we feared the Communists. They had people who were either extremely wealthy or those working hard to make ends meet. It didn't seem there was much of a middle class. Their politicians were dishonest. They spied on other countries and on their own citizens. We hated them.

And now we've become them and nobody cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 06:48 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
More and more of our civil liberties have been taken from us and we will remain apathetic until it's too late. There's probably something going on that is making us apathetic, and one day that will be revealed, too.

When I was a kid we feared the Communists. They had people who were either extremely wealthy or those working hard to make ends meet. It didn't seem there was much of a middle class. Their politicians were dishonest. They spied on other countries and on their own citizens. We hated them.

And now we've become them and nobody cares.
A lot of people care and are extremely concerned. In fact, prominent National Security Agency whistleblower William Binney has been warning that the FBI and NSA now represent the United States' version of East Germany's secret police formerly known as Stasi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9-3K3rkPRE

Oh and yes, radio waves most definitely do affect human cognitive functions and the surreptitious use of radio frequencies (RF) could explain why so many Americans remain passive even though their country is crumbling down around them.

Remote Mind Control - Reach Out and Touch Someone

Old 09-05-2014, 07:15 AM

Thanks for the link.

When I say people are apathetic, I mean the masses. Other than me, I personally know few people who are upset about what is going on. They don't know that conversations in your home can be heard through your cell phone, even if the cell phone is off, and you need to remove the battery in order to prevent it. And when they find out, they say they have nothing to hide, so they're fine with that. The NSA. This recent news. Nothing upsets them. And if you talk about it you're either accused of being anti-American or a conspiracy nut. People won't wake up until it's too late, and if you're right about the radio waves, it's possible they may not ever wake up. Just look at this thread. Only three pages and few people posting any concern.

I have always suspected the reason we had to get new digital boxes after 9/11 is also related to government spying within our homes, but I risk being handed a tin foil hat in saying that.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:35 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Thanks for the link.

When I say people are apathetic, I mean the masses. Other than me, I personally know few people who are upset about what is going on. They don't know that conversations in your home can be heard through your cell phone, even if the cell phone is off, and you need to remove the battery in order to prevent it. And when they find out, they say they have nothing to hide, so they're fine with that. The NSA. This recent news. Nothing upsets them. And if you talk about it you're either accused of being anti-American or a conspiracy nut. People won't wake up until it's too late, and if you're right about the radio waves, it's possible they may not ever wake up. Just look at this thread. Only three pages and few people posting any concern.

I have always suspected the reason we had to get new digital boxes after 9/11 is also related to government spying within our homes, but I risk being handed a tin foil hat in saying that.
I "get" what you're saying when you state that "nobody cares" but I have to believe that you also believe that the sheep masses DO care but so many are just trying to get on with their lives. The unemployed are demoralized, the 1%'ers don't need to care (or are a part of it), and those of US (and we are an US) who are in the "middle" do not have the time, ability, knowledge, or expertise to spend an inordinate amount of time doing FOIA's at the level needed to make discoveries such as those needed to discern what the H-E-double hockey sticks is really going on.

No offense intended to your post or your belief concerning this but I have family members who tell me (ALL the time) I have "conspiracy theories", however, on occasion, when the doo-doo hits the fan and the "truth" comes out (at a whistleblower's expense) then they look at me like...

As an aside, are you doing anything about "it" and if so, would you care to share?

Again, no offense intended whatsoever, sincerely, I read and respect your commentary and insights on these many diverse forum topics. And for the record, I find myself frequently disturbed ("upset") by the actions of "our" politicians and government officials but as a commoner (and not an "insider") what should I/we the masses do about it?

Old 09-05-2014, 08:25 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
I certainly don't like where things are going. Employers, regulatory agencies, NSA, hackers, technology vendors. Systems of control and suppression and surveillance are advancing at a staggering pace.

Here, read this post I made recently where I include a link about consulting firm PwC recently postulating what working life will be like in just 8 more years (keeping tabs on us 24/7 is a legitimate prediction):

Thread about woman fired for Facebook post ---> Post about "How Your Boss Will Run Your Life" article and other elements of control

Here's my plan. I'm going to retire in 8 years, at age 48. That will get me out of part of the game. At age 60, in 2034, after 12 years of retirement, I'm going to end my life. I won't try to postpone my end for sentimental reasons. And I don't really relish the idea of living very far into this dystopic future that's being fashioned right under our noses.

Sorry, this is going to happen. By a landslide this is going to happen. I can't feel the need to use up the rest of my existence trying to fight against it. I'll be getting out while the getting is still marginally good. At least I haven't brought any offspring into this awful future.

This need to control and watch people has existed in certain individual representatives of our species since before the species had language. One might argue it's in all of us. Some are just in a position to use astounding technological advances and the societal institutions of civilization (hiding behind things like the illusion of public safety or national security or propoganda about all drugs being "bad" always for everyone) to do it MUCH more effectively.

Also, what do you think 30 more years of Artificial Intelligence / Artificial Life development, robotics engineering advances, continued automation of manual and intellectual labor, and the inexorable climb toward a silicon neural net, a computer brain that simulates all 90 billion neurons and trillions of synapses, will give us?

Old 09-05-2014, 09:39 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,399,979 times
I don't see any reason for the USA government to go to the trouble to erect these towers. Think about it. They already have legal permission to tap our communications.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:42 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
I think it's ISIS.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
I "get" what you're saying when you state that "nobody cares" but I have to believe that you also believe that the sheep masses DO care but so many are just trying to get on with their lives. The unemployed are demoralized, the 1%'ers don't need to care (or are a part of it), and those of US (and we are an US) who are in the "middle" do not have the time, ability, knowledge, or expertise to spend an inordinate amount of time doing FOIA's at the level needed to make discoveries such as those needed to discern what the H-E-double hockey sticks is really going on.

No offense intended to your post or your belief concerning this but I have family members who tell me (ALL the time) I have "conspiracy theories", however, on occasion, when the doo-doo hits the fan and the "truth" comes out (at a whistleblower's expense) then they look at me like...

As an aside, are you doing anything about "it" and if so, would you care to share?

Again, no offense intended whatsoever, sincerely, I read and respect your commentary and insights on these many diverse forum topics. And for the record, I find myself frequently disturbed ("upset") by the actions of "our" politicians and government officials but as a commoner (and not an "insider") what should I/we the masses do about it?
Home, no offense taken and thank you for the kind words, etc. History is clear about what happens when the middle class begins to disappear, and becomes demoralized and stressed out because the biggest concern is putting bread on the table. They ignore what is happening around them. They can't be bothered with talk of politics when they have bills to pay and are either unemployed or underemployed.

All I can do, and what I have been doing, is writing my local politicians to tell them that unless they take a strong stand against the violation of the civil rights against the citizens of our country, unless they do something about the NSA, I will always vote for someone else no matter what their stance is on all other issues. If everyone did this, it might make a difference, but people won't take time out to even do that.

This, in itself, however, may be useless. One article I read had the author speculating that the reason none of the politicians are strongly objecting is because the NSA has the goods on them, too. Which means the NSA is a stronger organization than the government itself. Think about that. An organization of out of control people with unbelievable resources to access recorded phone calls, corporate documents, and who knows what else, cannot even be reigned in by our government.

Ten years ago, the thought that anyone outside of the country owning something like fake cell phone towers would be ridiculous to me. Today, I believe anything is possible. Tomorrow, i fear I may be saying anything that outrageous is probable.

Nepenthe, yours is one of the saddest posts I've ever seen on c-d. I pray you don't feel as hopeless as your post sounds when you reach the age of 60.

By the way, your link gave me chills and I'll tell you why. A few weeks ago someone I know went to some event held by a hypnotist. The group of people in attendance weren't hypnotized but something was done that allowed them to have a past life regression. Then the hypnotist did a future life thing with them. In telling her experience with the future life, the first thing this person saw was that most jobs in the U.S. involved some kind of monitoring of people doing their job. If they didn't keep up they weren't fired, but punished. They would have to work for a week without pay, for example. Everyone worked, terminating people was something in the past. If you couldn't keep up, you were either working for free because they continued to punish you, or you were given a lower level job making less money.

There was more, but I thought of this when reading your link. You hear this stuff, as I did, and think 'that can't happen, it's just a result of a vivid imagination'. But I'm not really sure that's the case.

In closing, let me say I think we're screwed. I don't think we could stop this train if we tried.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:17 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
I don't know what disturbs me more, these phony cell towers or the fact that nobody noticed them until now. Even so, when will anybody in the media do an investigative report on this? Yes, Americans are asleep while the wolves work in the night. Again.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:19 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
No matter, my foil beanie keeps the evil airwaves from penetrating my brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events