Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 04:05 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,500,322 times

Advertisements

Should she have gotten fired for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FchFz0VwhE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 04:29 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Should she have gotten fired for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FchFz0VwhE
No. If she violated some rule or policy, then maybe a reprimand would be more in order in this case. The school failed to provide the communication capability she was supposed have, so they were part of the problem. They're making the teacher a scapegoat for some one else's out of control behavior.
I couldn't help but notice the kids mother pointing the 'injuries' from the viscous broom attack, but saying nothing about any injuries resulting from the fight. Also not surprised this kid didn't think he had any responsibility for this incident.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
You can hear the force she was hitting him above all the other noise. That's just not the right way to break up a fight. I was more disturbed by how she was casually walking around the room. She didn't seem to have an urgency about the situation, which further makes her use of the broom more perplexing.

Yes, I do think she should have been fired. No, I don't think she should be charged with child abuse. I'd like for her to be able to work as a teacher again somewhere else.

I'm appalled the student doesn't think he has any responsibility for what happened. Shame on him and his mother.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:15 PM

820 posts, read 1,209,220 times
Lol... just how Detroit operates make the student a victim. This teacher should not have to deal with this filth. Instead of wasting money educating this vermin, just keep them in a cage, and provide free food to keep them off the streets. Oh wait we already do that its called section 8.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:22 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Thug life, yo!

Old 09-04-2014, 05:36 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,500,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You can hear the force she was hitting him above all the other noise. That's just not the right way to break up a fight. I was more disturbed by how she was casually walking around the room. She didn't seem to have an urgency about the situation, which further makes her use of the broom more perplexing.

Yes, I do think she should have been fired. No, I don't think she should be charged with child abuse. I'd like for her to be able to work as a teacher again somewhere else.

I'm appalled the student doesn't think he has any responsibility for what happened. Shame on him and his mother.
She was hitting him pretty hard. But I don't really know what else she could have done. No one was stepping in to help and she obviously was strong enough herself...tough situation in a tough school district no doubt. I suppose she could have immediately ran out of the room and yelled for a man to come help her but who knows how long that would take? I honestly don't think she did anything wrong...

IMO she should be transferred to a different school but not totally fired. It's not really her fault. And it sickens me too that the student and his mother now think they are some victims...I wonder if he even got suspended from the school.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Not a mark on him what nonsense and she got fired
50 years ago no way

Old 09-04-2014, 06:19 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Writing their name on the board just doesn't scare them anymore.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:33 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,500 times
If she wasnt going to let them possibly kill each other in the interim of waiting for security to arrive, she needed to do something to get their attention. Her voice wasnt getting their attention. Her physical presence wasnt getting their attention.

From what I could see, the broom was barely doing the job of getting their attention. I dont think she should have been fired. I dont see her as a naturally violent person, or as someone that lost it. She was a professional in a bad situation, trying to regain some semblance of control of her class.

Maybe Detroit needs a bouncer in each class. It would provide employment to the community, and help elliminate violent workplaces for teachers. Its totally gobsmacking to think an accusation of child abuse could occur here, when the children in this case were the instigators and abused each other, along with endangering anyone else in that classroom.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:40 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
No, the teacher should not have been fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events