Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2014, 09:08 PM

542 posts, read 1,682,203 times

Advertisements

Money heals all wounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 09:10 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,394,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post

We are not going to agree on any point here especially since he is justifying this domistic violence incident and bragging on how much stronger he is than me.
I don't know how anyone could justify what he did to that woman. And she's totally insane for going back to him. I don't think he should be banned for life. That's way too far for a first offense. A lengthy suspension and a few months in the slammer is warranted though as well as court ordered restraining order and counseling. Also, there's different levels of domestic violence. Giving a woman a grade 1 serious concussion and knocking her unconcious swinging at her like a man is different than a slap or a push. No comparison. Not saying slapping is ok, but what he did is way way past that. He's so much stronger than her he could have easily slapped the crap out of her and not resorted to a haymaker that could have done permanent brain damage. Guy is a total nutcase. She needs to leave NOW before he potentially takes it to the next level like OJ

Old 09-08-2014, 09:32 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,239,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
He's a 7th rounder who was cut. Why is his football skill, and that alone, news?
He was 2013 AP defensive player of the year. Missed that little detail?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/column-...5U_AcASV5NbK5_

Of those previous winners, 11 were selected in the first round of the NFL draft, the highest being LSU's Glenn Dorsey, who went No. 5 in 2007, and Tennessee's Eric Berry, also taken fifth in 2008.

Sam, in other words, was drafted 145 places lower than any of the previous winners of the AP award, which made it much easier for the Rams to let him go even though he had three sacks and 11 tackles during the preseason - including a team-high six tackles in his final exhibition game.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:33 PM

29,504 posts, read 22,610,207 times
Here's a fantastic article that highlights the root of the problem:

Culture of blaming the victim is root cause of failure for NFL, Ravens in Ray Rice case

We seem to live in a culture where the burden of proof is almost always on the victimized woman, MORE so if it involves a celebrity or professional athlete.

She must be a gold digger. She's lying. He was only 'defending' himself. Why didn't she leave. So on and annoyingly so forth.

I like the way the article talks about the ignorant sports fans cheering for these monsters that abuse and degrade women.

We as a nation certainly have no moral grounds to criticize how women are treated in other countries, and we need to clean up our own houses.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:33 PM

8,102 posts, read 6,742,383 times
If he can't get back into football he should try boxing, what a left hook. Although I suspect he would have a tougher time at it as he would have to take on opponents in a higher weight class.

Last edited by Above Average Bear; 09-08-2014 at 09:53 PM..

Old 09-08-2014, 09:49 PM

44,618 posts, read 61,571,507 times
According to a sports news broadcast I saw earlier this evening he was suspended indefinitely by the NFL, and depending on a police investigation into the matter the decision to ban or not to ban will be determined on the outcome of that investigation.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:54 PM

35,047 posts, read 31,242,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
According to a sports news broadcast I saw earlier this evening he was suspended indefinitely by the NFL, and depending on a police investigation into the matter the decision to ban or not to ban will be determined on the outcome of that investigation.
He is probably done due to negative publicity alone.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:05 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Ray Rice is a POS. But if he got divorced today there would be women lined up to go out with him. Now isn't that more disgusting?
I hate to say this but I agree.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:10 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
What would possess her to MARRY that man? Is the sex really that good? Seriously?
No, the paycheck is! Or was...

For sex, they'll find other people with whom to cheat on each other.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:14 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I am white and resent the racial overtone of your comment.

Domestic abuse cuts across all ethnic groups.
Thank you for this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events