Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 10:42 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times

Advertisements

Man Assaulted And Arrested By Police For Filming Military-Style Drug Raid

The Drug War is an excuse for little boys who never grew up to legally play rogue soldier with minimal training, with citizens as the "enemy."

Right underneath our noses a military force that thinks nothing of beating us and arresting us has taken control.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 11:44 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
The arrest was not for filming, it was for failure to follow the directions of the officers to go inside, then resisting arrest.

The man is suffering the effects of his own stupidity.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:03 PM

368 posts, read 395,979 times
Moral of the story: the next time a police officer gives you a direct order to get back inside and out of harm's way while he is on duty and about to raid a drug house, thereby interjecting himself into a dangerous situation, don't be the martyr with the iPad who wants to film something purely for your own entertainment. Have the common sense, stop and think for one single solitary second about your own well-being, and get back in the building. Unfortunately, common sense these days is not so common.

Incidents like this don't make me shed a single tear for people like Marlow. That well dried up long ago. If I was woken up in the middle of the night by a loud bang or a series of loud bangs, the absolute LAST thing I would do is grab my iPad and run outside a midst the ensuing chaos, ever so worried about getting the action on film to show my buddies.
Why do you think Marlow was told to go back inside? So he would be - wait for it - wait for it - SAFE. And if he went back inside, guess what would have happened to him that night? NOTHING!

But he couldn't leave well enough alone, neither by his words or his actions. I'm not defending or condoning how the officers handled the situation, but it's a crying shame that those who lack common sense aren't equally as vilified in the media as the violent, crooked thug cops who lash out for seemingly no reason whatsoever. Respect is a two way street. People like to say that police are paid to protect them, but when they are told to remove themselves from a dangerous situation, they then decide "you know, it's not illegal for me to film. I'm going to stand my ground" and after the fact, go to the media with a sob story of the negative experience they had. People ALSO like to say that those who obey what an officer says are cowards and all this other nonsense. Tell you what, if that's what constitutes a coward, I'll be the coward who looks out for number one, assesses a situation and makes the decision to stay safely away from the hornet's nest. Marlow can be the hero who OF HIS OWN VOLITION disobeys a police officer and then lands himself in legal trouble with a host of proverbial "stings" all over his body, then garners enough sympathy to get donations for his defense over the internet.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:13 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,366,101 times
People can call me what ever they want, but if someone that carries a firearm and has the legal authority to arrest me tells me to do something, I'm going to do it... whether I think it's right or not. To do otherwise would be less than smart, and I would rather be called a 'coward', than stupid.... or dead.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:22 PM

Okay clearly nobody cares.

I'm more concerned about the SWAT team military tactics. I also think filming this absurdity is legitimate. And sure when the Gestapo tells you to get back in your house, "citizen," you probably should. They've got the guns. And the bombs. And the APCs. And the righteous execution of the greatest endeavor of our time, the heroic War on Drugs.

Let's just close the thread. Can we?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
on this point we agree. outlawing the cell phone video of police was a horrible injustice to the citizens. and it hurt the police too. reason??? bek every time somebody posts a video of police arresting someone, the poster claims its pic of police brutality, but every time its a picture of somebody trying to beat up a cop and the cop stopping him.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:52 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Okay clearly nobody cares.

I'm more concerned about the SWAT team military tactics. I also think filming this absurdity is legitimate. And sure when the Gestapo tells you to get back in your house, "citizen," you probably should. They've got the guns. And the bombs. And the APCs. And the righteous execution of the greatest endeavor of our time, the heroic War on Drugs.

I wonder if the police shills even read the article.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:17 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,809,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I wonder if the police shills even read the article.
Probably not.

They're too busy making excuses for police who harass a guy standing on his own property, then arrest him only when he informs them that he's going to post online what he is filming.

The abused their power in order to suppress information. And the world teems with useful idiots falling all over themselves to excuse such egregious behavior.

And most of them are too clueless to think that this is not about that one guy but about every last one of us.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:22 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Oh WAAAAAHHHH! Everyone doesn't agree with you, so you want the thread closed.

Grow up.

You have no idea what the police were walking into. No way of knowing whether their tactics were justified. He should have stayed indoors. They clearly had enough going on without having to worry about the safety of morons who are wandering around outside during a dangerous situation. If they had left him to do what he wants and he ended up getting shot in crossfire, then people would be whining that the police didn't do enough to ensure his safety.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Oh WAAAAAHHHH! Everyone doesn't agree with you, so you want the thread closed.

Grow up.
The thread was getting very little interest, other than a few token apologists. I asked for it to be closed.

Glad you're a loyal subject, happy with this military might being brought to bear with little oversight or restraint, in pursuit of the magnanimous War on Drugs.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 09-10-2014 at 05:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events