Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 05:08 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calixprynce View Post
Black people will continue to go through this because it says so in the Bible
What are black people "going though"????

When a cop says stop......stop.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:54 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
They were 50 feet away, they did not see the start of the confrontation, gun shots going off...yea these guys seem credible.
Quote:
You do realize that 50 feet is not that far right? If you do not have exceedingly clear vision and sight comprehension at a 50 foot distance then you should not even by licensed to operate a vehicle!

Florida Driver’s Handbook - Your Vehicle
You do realize that you left the other 2 little tidbits of info out of your post? Not only were these two supposed witnesses 50 feet away, they did not see the beginning of the incident. Now take into account the gunshots being fired. This fact says to me that they didn't see the middle or the end of the incident. I wasn't there but I know that if I hear gunshots I'm not standing up, looking around and trying to see where they came from.

They did not see the beginning of the incident but there were other witnesses that did. You can check out their testimonies about what happened at the beginning.

What is apparent in these new witnesses' testimony is that Brown had his hands up when he was executed by officer Wilson. The men were not from Ferguson, did not know Brown or the officer, and are two white witnesses corroborating the narrative that Wilson fired on Brown when he was surrendering.

If I hear gunshots I'm running away from where I heard them but if I saw that it involved the Police and a wounded target I'd probably be in awe. Not everyday you see the Police shoot someone at work.

As for your driving analogy, driving and seeing 50 feet ahead is pretty easy to do while not being stressed. Add gunshots to the mix and I'm not driving very well with my head under the dashboard.[/quote]

Quote:
If you are talking about these two guys go back to the beginning of the thread. I believe that I gave a pretty compelling argument as to why they are not at all reliable witnesses.

[COLOR="DimGray"[/color]
New Michael Brown shooting witnesses describe scene - CNN.com

I've heard the argument that witnesses are not reliable but that's a half truth. Without video evidence witnesses are the best evidence you have of what took place during a crime in some circumstances. In this circumstance you have multiple witnesses to the beginning, middle, and end of the confrontation.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:12 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
What are black people "going though"????

When a cop says stop......stop.
Racial profiling .

Shooting of innocent men (men of all races are experiencing this) when Police become frightened whether justified or unjustified.

A hostile and dehumanizing Police force with the mindset that they are above the average citizen when one is committing no crime or breaking no law.

A "Police for Profit" system that targets the poor and minorities unfairly.

A system that has failed to find justice in many cases (whoever to blame) and an ineffective system for theft prevention or getting your property back.

That's just Police issues. But every race and every man's experience is unique. Those are just some general issues affecting the population at large because of certain factors (won't take up this thread to go into those).

The fact that as an American your 8x more likely to die by a Police officer than by a terrorist we should all be asking the question of why so many people are being killed and do we have the best system for solving our drug problem.

It hits home to a lot of people that according to witnesse a kid could have been disrespected, assaulted and then executed by a trained officer sworn to protect the community. If the resulting protests baffled or offended you so be it. It is what it is. People got upset and protested. Other people, not affiliated with the protesters or residents started looting. Other residents were out cleaning up the streets and community, feeding the officers stationed there for the protests, and giving aid to gassed or protested.

That's a little what black men are going through and people in general when it comes to the Police. That's also why so many people protested in support of a fair trial and investigation and to raise awareness about Police issues in this country.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Racial profiling .

Shooting of innocent men (men of all races are experiencing this) when Police become frightened whether justified or unjustified.

A hostile and dehumanizing Police force with the mindset that they are above the average citizen when one is committing no crime or breaking no law.

A system that has failed to find justice in many cases (whoever to blame) and an ineffective system for theft prevention or getting your property back.

That's just Police issues. But every race and every man's experience is unique. Those are just some general issues affecting the population at large because of certain factors (won't take up this thread to go into those).

The fact that as an American your 8x more likely to die by a Police officer than by a terrorist we should all be asking the question of why so many people are being killed and do we have the best system for solving our drug problem.

It hits home to a lot of people that according to witnesse a kid could have been disrespected, assaulted and then executed by a trained officer sworn to protect the community. If the resulting protests baffled or offended you so be it. It is what it is. People got upset and protested. Other people, not affiliated with the protesters or residents started looting. Other residents were out cleaning up the streets and community, feeding the officers stationed there for the protests, and giving aid to gassed or protested.

That's a little what black men are going through and people in general when it comes to the Police. That's also why so many people protested in support of a fair trial and investigation and to raise awareness about Police issues in this country.
Why not just stop when a cop says stop????

If the cop is wrong......live to tell your side.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 AM

I have been profiled....

I did not like it.......but, I lived.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:12 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
I have been profiled....

I did not like it.......but, I lived.
Maybe you should have given the cop a beat down.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Maybe you should have given the cop a beat down.
LOL.....

I could have killed one.

He was under my well drilling rig checking my air brakes.

This was a NEW $450,000 rig.......nothing was wrong........I am a female.......that was the problem.

He even said he wondered if I had the correct CDL for air brakes........and yes I did.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Racial profiling .

Wouldn't it be better not to have police in highly black areas???

Looks like a simple answer to me.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:28 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,744,968 times
Quote:
Wouldn't it be better not to have police in highly black areas???

Looks like a simple answer to me.
I've wondered about that, too. Is that what these folks want? Because it seems like that might be an honest preference for some of these people.

If I were a cop today, I'd quit. LOL. Seriously, it's a tough job and if you make the wrong choice in that split second where it's your life or their life, you are in trouble deep.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
I've wondered about that, too. Is that what these folks want? Because it seems like that might be an honest preference for some of these people.

If I were a cop today, I'd quit. LOL. Seriously, it's a tough job and if you make the wrong choice in that split second where it's your life or their life, you are in trouble deep.
It think it would help the blacks.

Just put up signs so people know........and of course do not charge on tax bills for non police areas.

BTW......where I live we have no police......it works just fine.

If we need a form filled out for insurance we can go the county sheriff's office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events