Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 08:20 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,871,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I'm way more mature to use the term "girl" when referring to a woman her age.
Oh...so you just want to be argumenative...I gotcha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 08:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,922,533 times
After watching her quit and then watching the youtube video containing her explanation of her actions I totally agree with what she did and how she did it.
She had one shot to stand out and do something to make her statement and beliefs be remembered for more that a nano second and she took it.

Lot's of chutzpah being shown for such a young person, a rare commodity even for most older people nowadays who'd rather wring their collective hands and "whisper" about the unfairness of it all only to go back to cowering in the corner afraid that someone might think they support the idea she espoused.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:36 AM

25,364 posts, read 36,926,332 times
Isn't it the single thing we ALL want to say to a boss when leaving a job?
Why the hypocrisy?

Old 09-24-2014, 09:15 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,220,205 times
You can take the girl out of the ghetto, but ya cant take the ghetto out of the girl. A truly classless act. She screwed herself out of any future jobs with that stupid move. But she'll probably be too stoned to care.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:08 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,751,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You can take the girl out of the ghetto, but ya cant take the ghetto out of the girl. A truly classless act. She screwed herself out of any future jobs with that stupid move. But she'll probably be too stoned to care.

Bingo. Couldn't agree more.

Don

Old 09-24-2014, 10:11 AM

506 posts, read 325,608 times
A ridiculous way to guarantee that you will never get another job in front of other people.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:43 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,268,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Attractive black woman who smokes pot and curses? MSNBC will have her on air within the week.
lol. absolutely true. Looks and where one fits on the political spectrum trumps all sense of ethics and integrity in this day and age.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:51 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,505,340 times
Good for her - and she put it rather eloquently until the 'f*ck it' part. God knows why people are displaying ridiculous faux outrage over this incident - please don't pretend that you actually care.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:27 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,510,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
If you don't care, why are you even bothering to post here? What's the point of posting on any thread if you don't care about the topic for that matter? That's the oddest question I have ever heard of anyone asking anyone why they are posting on a thread.

My "caring" has to do with the idea that this is the topic of the thread and we are all giving our opinions. I am as entitled to mine as you are to yours. This is mine.

I also do care on a bit of a personal level because I worked as a part of an HR team and I saw young people wreck their career potential by doing foolish things like this that came back to haunt them in the not so distant future. That fact that this person did this on TV might affect her even more so. I can't help but feel just a bit sorry for someone potentially throwing away the chance at future employment over one brief shine in the limelight. The Public may find her amusing but employers may not for fear she might do the same to them; just walk out one day if things don't go her way.

Also, this is a personality trait, as I have mentioned, that indicates she may not be able to get along with people in general and that means clients with whom she may want to do business if she starts her own company.

As far as stabbing her coworker in the back, I mentioned this in previous posts and others touched on it as well. You don't do something like she did leaving your co workers to be embarrassed by your actions having to cover for you especially as she did in front of a TV audience. The least she could have done was warn the other anchor. That's just petty and mean.
You don't seem to understand. I don't care what her motive was. I thought it was pretty funny actually.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:18 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,942,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Why the ghetto reference? Is it ok for me to read your post leaning toward something racial? When Joe Biden got caught cussing when speaking to the President was that something "ghetto"?

For those saying she has burned a bridge I say so what. If anything it's helping he get her cause out and there is a separation between the business world and the job world. If her current business venture doesn't work out I'm sure she will go another route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events