Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 06:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Oh but you should! It's such a darn good question!
It sure is an interesting question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 08:56 AM

893 posts, read 885,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
We were discussing people who invoke blatant racial overtones or surrogate verbiage, then crap all over their own credibility when they deny what it implies.

You know you can't really say n*gger but you can say "thug" instead, ergo 'thug' is the new 'n*gger' used by people who are considerably less honest about their racism than you are. You are totally entitled to be racist (I think a lot of anti-racist crusaders seriously err when they try to belittle the life experiences of people who haven't concluded as they have) but you are not entitled to use your own personal feelings on race to justify morally perverse actions against persons of the race you happen to dislike, and expect people to not mention your opinion isn't very objective.
You are disgusting. Nice comparison. You are obviously a thug.

And NO, "thug" is not the new "n word" as you say. Thug is a term used for low life scum. Regardless of race.

Race baiting is old and tiresome. How about trying to defend a position with facts instead? Oh, that's right. So many of you cannot handle reality so you must go to any length to destroy opposition. Right out of the liberal play book.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:14 PM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
You are disgusting. Nice comparison. You are obviously a thug.

And NO, "thug" is not the new "n word" as you say. Thug is a term used for low life scum. Regardless of race.

Race baiting is old and tiresome. How about trying to defend a position with facts instead? Oh, that's right. So many of you cannot handle reality so you must go to any length to destroy opposition. Right out of the liberal play book.
I will wait to see how zaba responds to my last post of the term "thug" in post 37, but I will not hold my breath that they will see the light.

I find it funny to see what lengths those who wish to suppress other people views, will try to make more terms politically incorrect as zaba is attempting to do. Of course this could just be a deflection of the real issue/s involved which is another tactic of the PC police.

A friend of mine from Seattle tried to explain to me why the term Oriental was no longer ok. I listened to him because he use to live down here and was not a liberal wacko. I came to find out that he was beaten down by the liberal loons and PC police in his new city, and just started kowtowing to them.
Once I explained that the term Oriental was actually more accurate to describe certain groups of people in the East, and that it was also a generic descriptive term just like Occidental, he began to see the light.
Still it took me introducing him to an actual Oriental friend of mine who owned, as he put it, an "Oriental restaurant". This term coming from an actual person that in theory should be offended also impressed my Seattle buddy.

I of course explained that if he were to continue to live in loonville it might not be worth the effort or hassle he would encounter by trying to logically educate those who were conditioned to be offended. What is worse is that in many cases these are kneejerk liberals saddled with white guilt, that get offended on behalf of other races. Some are even so self loathing they celebrate the idea it will be good for the country to have whites become a minority.
The trouble is that they do not realize America has become the greatest nation because we were a melting pot, which is just the opposite of "celebrating diversity". The ethnic minorities, white or not, wanted to assimilate into our culture, not try to get our culture to become like theirs. Today, terms like assimilation are lost on those who are uneducated on the historical ills of societies that divided along ethnic/racial lines. All this hyphenated-American garbage is but one symptom of a larger problem.

Until we turn around this psychosis of both contrived offense and victimization, these PC fools will continue to espouse their sickness. I for one call it out wherever I have the time. So the attempt of some to demonetize the word "thug" as it relates to describing the violent protesters of Ferguson will not happen on my watch.

`

Old 10-06-2014, 12:27 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I will wait to see how zaba responds to my last post of the term "thug" in post 37, but I will not hold my breath that they will see the light.

I find it funny to see what lengths those who wish to suppress other people views, will try to make more terms politically incorrect as zaba is attempting to do. Of course this could just be a deflection of the real issue/s involved which is another tactic of the PC police.

A friend of mine from Seattle tried to explain to me why the term Oriental was no longer ok. I listened to him because he use to live down here and was not a liberal wacko. I came to find out that he was beaten down by the liberal loons and PC police in his new city, and just started kowtowing to them.
Once I explained that the term Oriental was actually more accurate to describe certain groups of people in the East, and that it was also a generic descriptive term just like Occidental, he began to see the light.
Still it took me introducing him to an actual Oriental friend of mine who owned, as he put it, an "Oriental restaurant". This term coming from an actual person that in theory should be offended also impressed my Seattle buddy.

I of course explained that if he were to continue to live in loonville it might not be worth the effort or hassle he would encounter by trying to logically educate those who were conditioned to be offended. What is worse is that in many cases these are kneejerk liberals saddled with white guilt, that get offended on behalf of other races. Some are even so self loathing they celebrate the idea it will be good for the country to have whites become a minority.
The trouble is that they do not realize America has become the greatest nation because we were a melting pot, which is just the opposite of "celebrating diversity". The ethnic minorities, white or not, wanted to assimilate into our culture, not try to get our culture to become like theirs. Today, terms like assimilation are lost on those who are uneducated on the historical ills of societies that divided along ethnic/racial lines. All this hyphenated-American garbage is but one symptom of a larger problem.

Until we turn around this psychosis of both contrived offense and victimization, these PC fools will continue to espouse their sickness. I for one call it out wherever I have the time. So the attempt of some to demonetize the word "thug" as it relates to describing the violent protesters of Ferguson will not happen on my watch.

`
Excellent post.

PC has just gone crazy.

That is why I post I am a racist.......that way what I say can not be twisted into calling me a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events