Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 09:31 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,391 times

Advertisements

Many people with inoperable brain tumors can be healthy by using cannabis oil. Few doctors will tell this to the patient & many of them most likely don't even know this. Cost maybe a few hundred or so. No operation needed, no poison involved. See 58 minute video by Rick Simpson Run From The Cure.
Rick cured about 5,000 dying people doctors had given up on, for free, using cannabis oil. US govt found out, told Canada to give him life sentence as a drug dealer! He used his entire life savings to save 5,000 lives & US wanted life sentence! Please vote Libertarian. Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 09:44 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Many people with inoperable brain tumors can be healthy by using cannabis oil. Few doctors will tell this to the patient & many of them most likely don't even know this. Cost maybe a few hundred or so. No operation needed, no poison involved. See 58 minute video by Rick Simpson Run From The Cure.
Rick cured about 5,000 dying people doctors had given up on, for free, using cannabis oil. US govt found out, told Canada to give him life sentence as a drug dealer! He used his entire life savings to save 5,000 lives & US wanted life sentence! Please vote Libertarian. Best wishes.
Bullpucky. He's a snake oil salesman giving vulnerable people false hope.

Marijuana and cancer

Old 10-12-2014, 09:45 AM

709 posts, read 955,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Really? Families that have a death near a major holiday are never able to truly celebrate that holiday because the holiday is a reminder of the pain and loss they experienced. The same will happen on his birthday for the rest of his life. It's not something he can eventually push deep into his heart and forget about when he will now have this constant annual reminder. Heck, thoughts of this will come up every time he has to fill out the "birth date" section on a form at the DMV, IRS, employer, doctor, etc.. He's young. He will remarry and have a family someday. He shouldn't have a reminder of her dying 50 years from now with every birthday he has. It would be different if she died near his birthday naturally, but they have the opportunity to pick a day that would be best for everyone involved since this is something she is choosing to do.
Have to disagree with you Hopes. I would agree if you had said "SOME" families. I have known many people like you describe. But I also know many people that don't even remember the dates people die. I am one of them. A co-worker could never enjoy Easter because an Uncle died the day after Easter. Really? Easter changes dates every year. Give it up already. Enjoy life! Don't forget loved ones that have died, but don't let their deaths ruin your life.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:18 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
Have to disagree with you Hopes. I would agree if you had said "SOME" families. I have known many people like you describe. But I also know many people that don't even remember the dates people die. I am one of them. A co-worker could never enjoy Easter because an Uncle died the day after Easter. Really? Easter changes dates every year. Give it up already. Enjoy life! Don't forget loved ones that have died, but don't let their deaths ruin your life.
You provided the perfect example to support what I'm saying. I'm someone who doesn't remember the dates of when people die too. But I have friends who have suffered endless Christmases after losing a family member near Christmas. You and I have the luxury of not remembering the dates when someone died because nobody has ever died on our birthdays or a holiday. We're of the people who can easily put the death behind you eventually because we can't remember the specific day or special events occurring near the death. I guarantee that we would remember. I've seen it happen too often, and I can empathize with how the annual reminder causes sadness. In this scenario, it can be easily avoided by their choosing a different day. That's all I'm saying.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:34 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
These arguments are useless. In the time it took to write the article, the person could have killed themselves and all of this would be done with. Why must terinally ill people involve others?

We all know how certain illnesses will end. While you're still physically sound, tell everyone you love them and put your affairs in order. Have fun with the time you have left. Then when you start to feel the final decline beginning, take care of it yourself.

Personally, I don't believe in suicide, but these "die with dignity" arguments don't hold water. If you want to do it, why spend months arguing about it?

Also, who decided that putting poison in an IV is somehow a more dignified way to die? People die in car accidents? Is that undignified?

Old 10-12-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
These arguments are useless. In the time it took to write the article, the person could have killed themselves and all of this would be done with. Why must terinally ill people involve others?
She wants to spread awareness so it can be legalized in other states. It's only legal in 5 states.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:53 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,664,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I wonder if she received a second opinion? I know someone that lived after being told they only had 1 year to live by 3 separate institutions, he is alive and well today finishing a PhD, he told me it was a second shot at life and he wasn't going to give up his dreams.
The medication that will terminate her life is NOT given willy-nilly -- there is a vetting process, and you better believe it involves multiple opinions.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:33 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
He shouldn't have to bust his ass on a Phd if 3 separate institutions told him he was terminal... just saying. The woman in the story does not sound stupid or ignorant. I think a second (maybe third) opinion is a given. So, let's assume the woman actually is terminally ill, what then? Should she proceed with her plan to die on her own terms or not? Personally, I would do what she plans to do.
Why? I'm curious as to what would be the thought process that makes this not a good option? Other than the religious implications of suicide, why would someone not choose this option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I saw her interview on the news. The only thing I don't approve of is the date she chose. It's the day after her husband's birthday because she wants to be around for his birthday. He will be tortured on his birthday for all eternity, even decades later married to someone else. I don't think that's fair to him.
I'm sure they have discussed that and it wont be an issue. If it were me, I would always make that day a celebration of my birth and her life. I doubt he will be tortured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I do think she has the right to do what she wants. I don't know why we try to regulate what people do with their own bodies, and their own bodies only, so rigidly.
Exactly, why......I just dont get it.

Quote:

We all know how certain illnesses will end. While you're still physically sound, tell everyone you love them and put your affairs in order. Have fun with the time you have left. Then when you start to feel the final decline beginning, take care of it yourself.

Personally, I don't believe in suicide, but these "die with dignity" arguments don't hold water. If you want to do it, why spend months arguing about it?

Also, who decided that putting poison in an IV is somehow a more dignified way to die? People die in car accidents? Is that undignified?
The dignity is not in the method, its in the control. It could be an method and not be done in a dignified way. But by choosing to die on her terms and on a date and time of her choosing, she gains the dignity that is denied to most people.

This is a sad story but I sure hope it changes some laws. I am lucky enough to live in one of the five states and when i was deciding where to move, this factor was a part of the decision. I dont want to linger, I don't want to dwindle down my life savings and I don't want to suffer through pain and embarrassment. Without this law i have to either use a gun or go start the car and sit in the garage for a couple hours. This option to go surrounded by my family and in my home is so much better. I give that to my animals, why cant everyone have the same care offered to a dog or cat?

Old 10-12-2014, 01:08 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,762,421 times
Quote:

Certainly dying by prescribed medical methods is more dignified than a gunshot to the head, etc. A medicinal death done properly is akin to going to sleep to never wake again.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
I'm sure they have discussed that and it wont be an issue. If it were me, I would always make that day a celebration of my birth and her life. I doubt he will be tortured.
I'm sure they discussed it too. I just don't think they thought it through. I know too many families who have a difficult time with deaths that occurred near a holiday or family member's birthday. I know one family that lost a child at Christmas, and it's so sad to hear how their Christmases are so morbid almost two decades later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events