Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 01:21 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Well, my Libertarian self says people have a right to dress up like this regardless of my view or what the PC crowd thinks.

But my own opinion, which of course I have a right too, is that I wouldn't dress up in such a way as I feel it's in low taste, just as I think if someone dressed up like a cancer patient with an IV chemo drip in their arm and going out for Halloween is shall we say on the tasteless side. In my opinion of course.

But hey, this is america....we have the right to be tasteless, classy, stupid, smart, etc. and are free to define exactly what those terms are in our own mind. And equally, other people have their right to judge/form an opinion on said action.
Hear, hear!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 08:21 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,168,999 times
Happy Halloween !

It's all in good fun right? Right ?!

Offensive Halloween display removed from Ft. Campbell home

Anyways, I guess if I go out, I'll dust off the Steve Urkel costume.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:58 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Lighten up.

I'm sure some Black kid will dress up as a white Terrorist. It's all in good fun and satire.

If it was a Saturday Night Live skit we'd call it Comedy.
.......... No.

I don't know why white people are obssessed with black people but I can assure you the opposite is not true. Black kids don't care about white people and won't find humor in painting their face white and dressing as a neo Nazi.

If you can find something like that on the net, do link me.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
.......... No.

I don't know why white people are obssessed with black people but I can assure you the opposite is not true. Black kids don't care about white people and won't find humor in painting their face white and dressing as a neo Nazi.

Some people are just crazy. Don't take it personally.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:24 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,168,999 times
Quote:
.......... No.

Yeah, I have never, nor will have any desire to dress up as a white guy.

Reminds me of what comedian Paul Mooney said a while back - (the edited version):

"The title is paraphrased from a comic bit from the legendary Paul Mooney. He actually said 'Everyone wants to be Black but, no one wants to be Black.' By that he meant that people from other cultures like to take bits and pieces from Black culture but don't want the experience of being part of that culture."

Old 10-29-2014, 10:39 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
When I was a kid, we liked to dress as Bums on Halloween.

Now I am an old retired guy, and I dress like a Bum every day.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
When I was a kid, we liked to dress as Bums on Halloween.

Now I am an old retired guy, and I dress like a Bum every day.
Hey, Dad! I didn't know you were on City Data!

Old 10-29-2014, 10:42 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
By that he meant that people from other cultures like to take bits and pieces from Black culture but don't want the experience of being part of that culture."
I find that hard to believe except for Black Music which has always attracted it's followers.

The Black culture the last 40 years in many aspects has deteriorated in the family, violence and education.
Very few want to follow that path or look at it as a positive.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:18 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I find that hard to believe except for Black Music which has always attracted it's followers.

The Black culture the last 40 years in many aspects has deteriorated in the family, violence and education.
Very few want to follow that path or look at it as a positive.
....just couldn't resist the opportunity to talk about "black culture," huh?

Leave it for what it is... a terrible costume by two people with a foul sense of humor. Leave your bigotry at the door.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yeah, I have never, nor will have any desire to dress up as a white guy.

Reminds me of what comedian Paul Mooney said a while back - (the edited version):

"The title is paraphrased from a comic bit from the legendary Paul Mooney. He actually said 'Everyone wants to be Black but, no one wants to be Black.' By that he meant that people from other cultures like to take bits and pieces from Black culture but don't want the experience of being part of that culture."
Quote:
....just couldn't resist the opportunity to talk about "black culture," huh? .
Just responding to your and ATG5 comments about the Black Culture.
Sure seems you started that conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events