U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this considered harassment?
Yes 102 44.93%
No 74 32.60%
50/50 51 22.47%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:11 AM

32,030 posts, read 36,681,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
The fact that she went our like this, tells me, she doesn't funderstand this to be that uncomfortable.
She was a model dressed up in tight jeans and a snug top then sent down seedier streets just to make a video to fake outrage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 11:14 AM

9,701 posts, read 7,264,768 times
Quote:
If you just absolutely dislike that attention then you need to think more about covering up. The fact that she went our like this, tells me, she doesn't funderstand this to be that uncomfortable.
I don't know what video you were watching. In this one, the woman wasn't wearing revealing or otherwise sexy clothes. She was dressed like a normal young woman walking around NYC.

And, in any case, people can wear what they want. There is nothing this woman could wear that would justify harassment.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:14 AM

294 posts, read 192,102 times
Quote:
I have realized, especially talking to my wife that women do not understand how what they wear is viewed by men. I won't give this woman that benefit. I believe she was fully conscious of what she was wearing and the attention it would get. I certainly do believe some of the men were rude and out of line, but for the ones who were not, I think it's unfair to say they were harassing her. Men find her to be attractive. Women have a problem with men liking their bodies yet, they wear for fitting clothes. If you just absolutely dislike that attention then you need to think more about covering up. The fact that she went our like this, tells me, she doesn't funderstand this to be that uncomfortable.
I like how women are saying "oh, so should I be forced to wear a burlap sack??" as if those are the only two options. "Hm, I could wear these form-fitting jeans that are so tight that you can see my panty lines through the denim so I have to create thong panties to combat that ...or a burlap sack." And then they wonder why we make fun of them.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:15 AM

9,701 posts, read 7,264,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
She was a model dressed up in tight jeans and a snug top then sent down seedier streets just to make a video to fake outrage.
She wasn't a model, wasn't wearing any of these things, and wasn't walking in seedy areas. Wrong on all counts.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:17 AM

4,035 posts, read 3,858,406 times
Quote:
I have realized, especially talking to my wife that women do not understand how what they wear is viewed by men. I won't give this woman that benefit. I believe she was fully conscious of what she was wearing and the attention it would get. I certainly do believe some of the men were rude and out of line, but for the ones who were not, I think it's unfair to say they were harassing her. Men find her to be attractive. Women have a problem with men liking their bodies yet, they wear for fitting clothes. If you just absolutely dislike that attention then you need to think more about covering up. The fact that she went our like this, tells me, she doesn't funderstand this to be that uncomfortable.
I didn't notice anything unusual with her mode of dressing. A T-shirt and jeans are normal. And again, your theory doesn't explain anything, because if she'd walked through better neighborhoods, nothing would have happened. I'd like to see parts of the video where she did that. Out of 10 hours, she must've gone through some nice neighborhoods. My take on it is more along the lines that most students or young women her age wouldn't have gone into those neighborhoods we saw, and for exactly the reason the film showed.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
She wasn't a model, wasn't wearing any of these things, and wasn't walking in seedy areas. Wrong on all counts.
She's an actress and they deliberately picked someone with a large rack and a large butt who wore tight clothes. I'm going to estimate she has a C cup at least. Anyone else have any guesses?

Old 10-29-2014, 11:24 AM

4,035 posts, read 3,858,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimbolo View Post
She's an actress and they deliberately picked someone with a large rack and a large butt who wore tight clothes. I'm going to estimate she has a C cup at least. Anyone else have any guesses?
Where did it say she's an actress? I didn't find her attractive, frankly. She's plain in the face. And how do you know what kind of butt she has? And in those black clothes, it's hard to discern much of anything. She has an average rack. She looks like an average, generic, university student. There's nothing unusual about her at all. Send her on a walk through any of the universities in NYC, and no one would approach her. She'd blend into the crowd. Even if they reshoot the film in the same neighborhoods with her wearing looser jeans, that wouldn't change anything.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:26 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,656,910 times
Quote:
I don't know what video you were watching. In this one, the woman wasn't wearing revealing or otherwise sexy clothes. She was dressed like a normal young woman walking around NYC.

And, in any case, people can wear what they want. There is nothing this woman could wear that would justify harassment.
Just curious are you a man or woman?

Old 10-29-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Where did it say she's an actress?
You can look her up on Google. She's identified as a "bubbly and bold actress," LOL. She's got a huge ass and her rack is bigger than average.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:30 AM

22,381 posts, read 9,502,077 times
Quote:
You can belittle it all you want. It's harassment. Maybe you won't learn until your wife, daughter, or sister is in tears from being followed by a street corner perv.
That's no joke. True story--and it is still hard for me to believe. I was walking home from work--6 pm, still daylight on 2nd Ave, upper east side. A regular looking guy just stopped right in front of me and in a perfectly normal tone of voice said "you wanna give me a bl*w job?" I was so shocked that my first reaction was to look around for a cop and there weren't any, so I just walked around him--but I was shaking all the way home.

I also had a perfectly respectable looking guy try to pick me up on the street and follow me home, so of course then you can't go home as he will know where you live, so I had to walk around until I knew he was gone. He started off with "I'm a photographer--are you a model?" (again in my business clothes and obviously not). They think if they come at you with ridiculous flattery it will work-- I'm ok, but I am well aware I do not look like a model. Harassment on the street is real and it is not "welcomed."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or