U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 07:03 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,459,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
To answer your question:

Because teaching is not a forceful thing. If you need force to teach someone something, that isn't teaching, it is something else.
For us, we had parents at home and when we got to school the teachers became the parents. We obeyed or else. Then we got home and were punished again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 10:28 PM

779 posts, read 512,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
What about the other students? Why did they just stand there? At that age, I would have protested, called 911, screamed in his face, anything to stop the bully. Anyone hits me, I hit back!

The probably didn't know what to do. It's not like it would be easy for a kid to get out of trouble if they put their hands on their teacher. They did eventually pull her away and stand so that he couldn't pull on her anymore.

IT is the same behavior that adults sometimes display at times when there is an altercation. Once the first person steps in, then others usually follow and act.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:14 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,311,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Im sorry but when i was in school there was no telling the teachers or the parents what you would/wouldnt do. They said do it and thats what you did. Just had her hair done? My teachers and parents wouldnt have given a rats butt. Get in or get thrown in was how it was for us. My dad wouldve helped the teacher throw me in.

Heck why even have teachers there to begin with if the kids are going to decide what they will and wont do?

Children do not make the rules.
What if the real reason she didn't want to get in the pool was because she had her period? Young girls don't always use internal protection and you really don't need to be in the pool in that scenerio.

I remember lying about why I didn't want to get in the pool at that age.

Children are people too. If someone did that to my kid, I'd be the one getting arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or