Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 11:30 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
It's common knowledge ... the dirty little secret in the black "community."
You stated "Just about every" so a couple of people have asked you to cite proof and you have yet to do so. But of course if you care to admit you put your foot in your mouth and should have chosen your words carefully that would suffice too.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:34 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,951,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
That's just it. I don't believe this happened.

Look, if it was proven that Mike was on drugs (heavy narcotics, bath salts, angel dust, etc.) or drunk, then you and I wouldn't be having this discussion.

Wilson's gun was never tested for fingerprints to PROVE this mysterious exchange.

One minute Wilson says that he tried to go for his gun, then he says that one of the main reasons he shot Mike was because he was trying to put his hands in his waistband when he shot him multiple times. Which is it?

His description of Brown is that of a madman not even a Billy Badass trying to show off.

It makes no sense to me and never will.

Everybody keeps talking about "evidence, evidence, evidence", well WHERE is the "evidence" that Brown had Wilson's gun in his hands in the car??
DNA in the police car means that Mr Brown was at the very least reaching into the police car.

"DNA Analysis Report released Monday night following the grand jury’s decision not to indict Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown shows Brown’s DNA was on the interior driver’s-side door handle of Wilson’s police vehicle."

Evidence: Brown

Old 11-30-2014, 11:35 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
I'm glad he went out on a high note.
He took the high road.

Unfortunately, I'm sure there will be a civil suit ( which I never agree with in cases where there's been an acquittal or no criminal prosecution).

And let's not forget the protracted DOJ investigation (Zimmerman's is still going on) in which the jack-booted Feds harass citizens for years. Good luck with that, though, because the standard is much higher than the grand jury's was and the prosecution's would have been.

Sad what trouble working stiffs can get into for just doing their jobs.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:36 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,951,465 times
The incident report is posted here:

http://time.com/3159680/ferguson-mic...police-report/

Old 11-30-2014, 11:39 AM

21,831 posts, read 25,114,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor46 View Post
I'm afraid that if I read through all of these posts I may end up frustrated and angry. So, you should know that I didn't.

For the record I'm a White, Lebanese, gay, educated, middle-class diversity educator, so you have some context that indicates that I likely don't think what happened in Ferguson is socially just. In my opinion, Darren Wilson got away with murder thanks to a white governor, white police chief, white prosecutor and predominantly white grand jury -- the "facts" of the case should have been brought to light in a REAL trial, nothing less. I also don't believe the actions of the Ferguson Police during and after Michael Brown's murder were justifiable (yet alone constitutional).

If anyone is REALLY interested in why I feel this way, this is the best article and research I have found to date on the subject:

The Ferguson Masterpost: How To Argue Eloquently & Back Yourself Up With Facts | [smut & sensibility]
That's not the way our justice system has ever worked. You're advocating for black privilege. Blacks should have a special privilege because they're black and put upon. If you shoot a black criminal in self-defense, that demands a REAL trial (and we'll get back to that); whereas if you shoot a white criminal in self-defense then the justice system is apparently fine. And by the way, it's perfectly clear what a real trial means. It means a trial that validated your opinion that Michael Brown was murdered. He was not. That's not a trial. That's a witch hunt.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:43 AM

21,831 posts, read 25,114,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
He took the high road.

Unfortunately, I'm sure there will be a civil suit ( which I never agree with in cases where there's been an acquittal or no criminal prosecution).

And let's not forget the protracted DOJ investigation (Zimmerman's is still going on) in which the jack-booted Feds harass citizens for years. Good luck with that, though, because the standard is much higher than the grand jury's was and the prosecution's would have been.

Sad what trouble working stiffs can get into for just doing their jobs.
Civil and criminal are looking at completely different issues. Basically what you're saying is you don't believe that people should be able to sue governmental agencies. I completely disagree.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:46 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,099 times
Well since commenting on one thread in an effort to engage in dialogue that just might have brought a smidge of understanding goes nowhere, because these threads keep getting merged....what's the point in any of this? The prejudice on both sides will always be there. I used to think I was pretty moderate in my views. I am white & attended school during the forced busing of the 70's. Seventh grade thru to my senior year, my schools were 65% black & 35% white, Hispanic & Asian. The majority of blacks hated whites, but I managed to maintain friendships with all races and it wasn't something I even thought about - it just 'was'. In my twenties I dated men of different races & background and never even considered what someone else's opinion of my choices might be. My current neighborhood is a middle class mix of so many ethnicities & colors that we joke about our block being the UN of the town.

And yet here I am in my fifties noticing - FEELING - the hate in the eyes of many African Americans when they look at me. And I'm finding it very hard to disagree with many of the "angry white" posts here. Because I choose NOT to believe Michael Brown was innocent in the events that led to his death, I am labeled a racist. That blows, because I know I'm not. But I will get over it. What gets major SUCKAGE is the under 15 youth of today that will grow up being taught once again, to hate someone for the color of their skin. They will believe lies because that's all that will be available to them. So much for peace.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:53 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
DNA in the police car means that Mr Brown was at the very least reaching into the police car.

This scenario also fits with what Dorian said about Wilson pulling Brown's head into the car and when that didn't work, he grabbed his arm.

AGAIN, why wasn't Wilson's gun tested for fingerprints if Brown had his hands on Wilson's gun like he said he did? Isn't this the reason why it went off in the car? Because he was "struggling" for it from the big, bad, crazed hulking creature before him?

Old 11-30-2014, 11:57 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,291 times
Quote:
... because blacks never slaughter each other in Africa. Not to mention the African leaders who sold other Africans into slavery.
Nobody ever insinuated that Africa was a Utopia, keep sidestepping though...

Funny that I don't know nor have I heard about this "dirty little secret" in the "Black community" until today, yet strangely you know.

I'm still waiting for some factual evidence that you didn't pull out of your rectum to back up this claim of yours...

Old 11-30-2014, 11:58 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,816 times
I'm honestly not surprised, because he was defending himself from someone trying to get his gun. What I am surprised about is that Brown was turned into a martyr instead of someone who was actually innocent of wrongdoing and was still killed. Brown isn't the best face for this cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events