Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 07:09 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,950,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
You're absolutely right, but then if he pulled his arm inside the vehicle as stated by Dorian, then it would make sense as well.

This is one of those cases where we will have to RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE with each other.

Wilson's story is too outlandish to be true and Dorian's is a bit suspect too.

We'll just have to blame Ferguson PD for their horribly gross incompetence on this matter that has made America look like a hypocrite when it comes to human rights.
We all know that witnesses lied about what they saw. We know Mr Brown's state of mind prior to his assault of a police officer.

For whatever reason, the 6'5", nearly 300 pound man that had just robbed a convenience store decided to approach a police officer sitting in his vehicle, and put his arms inside the vehicle. At that moment, the officer has every right to do everything in his power to protect himself and the community. From the evidence I've seen, Mr Brown was a treat to the community and to the police officer.

The fatal shot to Mr Brown was in the top of his head, which is 100% consistent with Mr Brown charging at the officer. I cannot see any other way for the fatal shot to have gone into the top of his head.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:10 PM

293 posts, read 826,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
It may have been something else.

During the Viet Nam War, a man was told by security services to off someone which he did. He was arrested and brought up on charges for the event. The security services would not release the information that would clear him. The Commanding General of the region stopped the trial from being held since there was no way for the man to have a fair trial.

This may have been a similar situation in that, given the media blitz, there was no way to hold a fair trial.

Maybe. I've rather kept away from all the "data" that have come out of this, so I don't know what's been said in these events.

One thing, however, riots either now or later if he went to trial and was found not guilty. I think it is pretty clear that no answer would be accepted by this mob.
But the issue as I saw it for him not being able to have a fair trial was botched from the beginning. That whole clustered mess that happened because of poor communication and leadership.

Don't release name....
Release name but only with video to deflect from Officer [that upset people]
Say the Officer didn't know about the robbery
Days later says the officer did know about the robbery
[Request for special prosecutor] McCollum says no defers to his office to do it instead
Gov. Nixon says he's not going to remove him but Bob could step aside if he wants
Bob McCullum tells Gov. Nixon to Man up
{at this point i think the case because more of a pissing match between those 2 to see who could screw over who first}
Grand Jury info leaks...[upset people]
Jeff Rooda is doing media tour when he is found to have a bad history of fraud and abuse [upset people]
Rooda is basically police union chief and his campaign was backed by Gov. Nixon [people were ]

I could keep going...but i'll stop and say that considering I have family members who are lawyers and one worked under a D.A. I was actually surprised they didn't at least find indictment for Involuntary Manslaughter.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:13 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,950,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Okay, he was one inch taller.

They were STILL equally matched for each other.
That's right. Mr Brown was 6'5", nearly 300 pounds, and was physically interfering with a store clerk after committing theft shortly before he accosted the police officer. The police officer was not 6'5" and nearly 300 pounds ... far from it.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:22 PM

611 posts, read 1,455,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
As a white guy, I'd tell you to shove your racial reductionism up your ass. It's not always about race. White people don't know what oppression is? Then by your own racial-collectivist logic, black people must just be predisposed to chaos and mayhem and rioting and looting, since that's the stereotype being pushed on us at the moment.

Tell me I don't know what its like to be harrassed constantly by pigs waiting for you to make the wrong move and dropping the entirety of the U.S. legal code on your ****ing skull as soon as you do. Tell me that since I'm white, I don't know what its like to be surrounded by people full of potential who are destined to go nowhere because dad's locked up on some kind of bull**** charges and mom's never around, and nobody ever gave them guidance.. Tell me I don't know what its like to be **** poor and have to ration the food in the refrigerator so you can make it til the next check comes. Tell me I don't know what its like to see half your family lose their homes in bankruptcies. Tell me I don't know what its like to have friends you know are innocent set up by the police. Tell me I don't know what its like to have friends who are so hooked on vice to keep their minds out of the ****ed up world they live in that they bet their girlfriends EBT cards for an extra round at the poker table. Tell me I don't know what its like to have the only people you look up to pushing you to make sh*tty decisions every single day, because nobody can seem to figure out another effective option. Tell me I don't know what its like to have people flash money at you and invite you in on something you know you could do 10 years for. Tell me I don't know what it's like to consider that a hard ****ing choice because I'm that broke. Tell me I don't know what its like to wait at the day-labor agency for 6 hours to find out they don't have a gig for you because you're THAT desperate to work.

Go to hell with your racist-ass "white people don't know what struggle is like" attitude. It's not about whose black and whose white in 2014. Anymore, it's about whose got money and political sanction, and who doesn't.
Someone's got to start the slow clap on this one^^^ So I guess it will be me!

Old 11-30-2014, 07:31 PM

687 posts, read 915,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Ignore him, he's mad that he only pulls in 35K a year and has to pay child support for three out of wedlock kids lol...
I don't have kids.
What I do have is reading comprehension, something you are evidently lacking.

What I was lamenting in that post several pages back was being forced to pay for other people's children. Lots of people are tired of it, I'm not the only one.

And you know what? I'm doing just fine for having changed careers in the past year. Still living off of money I saved half a decade ago (isn't frugality is a wonderful thing?) so I'm not hurting at all.

If you had read the post you'll know that that's only my base salary, I make a good deal more with overtime and from cap gains and dividends. I will admit I'll likely only make 41 or 42k for 2014, which puts me right about where I was leaving the Army and pretty darn close to the median income in this country.

So actually...fairly well in this day and age. I'll be fine going forward.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:31 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,024,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The fatal shot to Mr Brown was in the top of his head, which is 100% consistent with Mr Brown charging at the officer. I cannot see any other way for the fatal shot to have gone into the top of his head.
Two well-known and respected medical examiners both said the shot to the head came when Mike was falling to his KNEES.

Mike was no longer a threat and NO WITNESSES LIED.

No one changed their story. I've read ALL of the witness statements and everyone has stayed consistent with what they saw at THEIR vantage point. The only one close enough to witness the entire thing and has repeated the SAME story consistently without fail is Dorian Johnson.

I refuse to believe an 18 year old kid who has:

- never been arrested in his entire life

- no juvenile record for anything

- no history of doing narcotics which could make him crazy

- no history of mental illness

Would tell a cop "F__k you", then punch him several times in the face WHILE THE COP IS IN THE CAR and all Wilson says is "Stop. Or I'll shoot you" and big crazy hulking grunting demonic figure Mike says "you're too much of a p___y to shoot", then proceeds to take his gun away from him like a crazed maniac.

Wilson, stricken with extreme terror (his words), fights to get his gun away from Brown. Gun goes off and there is blood inside of the car (Brown's). Mike runs away terrified, while "extremely fear stricken" Wilson hops out of his car SHOOTING AT MIKE as he's FLEEING FROM HIM. He never yelled for Mike to stop or anything. Mike turns around and Wilson SCARED TO DEATH of Mike's "angry face" shoots him again when he sees Mike going in his "waistband"......

What would Mike be going in his waistband for if he was supposedly trying to take Wilson's gun from him? Wouldn't he have pulled out his OWN right then and there at the police car and blew him away??

I digress...this is where he empties his revolver in Mike Brown at full force.

Then he cleans up his own crime scene, takes his gun with him, is never questioned by anyone, except a cop at the scene who didn't take any notes, and was allowed to ride off into the sunset while Brown's body laid UNCOVERED in the hot sun for four hours for everyone to gawk at and be disgusted by.

Oh, he NEVER called the shooting in after this happened. Witnesses to his murder did.

Twelve bullets left Wilson's revolver with a total of 6 killing Brown.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:32 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,024,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
That's right. Mr Brown was 6'5", nearly 300 pounds, and was physically interfering with a store clerk after committing theft shortly before he accosted the police officer. The police officer was not 6'5" and nearly 300 pounds ... far from it.
Wilson was 6'4" and 210.

There are men playing FOOTBALL against each other at this weight.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:36 PM

4,316 posts, read 4,203,924 times
I am repeating a few facts that I provided sources from (Mother Jones, Office of Disease and Prevention, FBI)

- Although blacks are 14% of the entire population, they commit 53% of all homicides.

- 93% of black homicide victims are intra-racial, i.e. by other blacks.

- Although Black teenagers have a 15-times higher homicide rate than White teenagers, Blacks have only 4 times higher the rate of arrest-related deaths than Whites.

So according to the Govt, in proportion to all deaths, black teenagers have a much lower chance of arrest-related deaths than Whites.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good riot and loot. And whatever the facts are, it makes no difference to race-agitators, like Sharpton, Obama and Holder.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:46 PM

779 posts, read 632,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
As a white guy, I'd tell you to shove your racial reductionism up your ass. It's not always about race. White people don't know what oppression is? Then by your own racial-collectivist logic, black people must just be predisposed to chaos and mayhem and rioting and looting, since that's the stereotype being pushed on us at the moment.

Tell me I don't know what its like to be harrassed constantly by pigs waiting for you to make the wrong move and dropping the entirety of the U.S. legal code on your ****ing skull as soon as you do. Tell me that since I'm white, I don't know what its like to be surrounded by people full of potential who are destined to go nowhere because dad's locked up on some kind of bull**** charges and mom's never around, and nobody ever gave them guidance.. Tell me I don't know what its like to be **** poor and have to ration the food in the refrigerator so you can make it til the next check comes. Tell me I don't know what its like to see half your family lose their homes in bankruptcies. Tell me I don't know what its like to have friends you know are innocent set up by the police. Tell me I don't know what its like to have friends who are so hooked on vice to keep their minds out of the ****ed up world they live in that they bet their girlfriends EBT cards for an extra round at the poker table. Tell me I don't know what its like to have the only people you look up to pushing you to make sh*tty decisions every single day, because nobody can seem to figure out another effective option. Tell me I don't know what its like to have people flash money at you and invite you in on something you know you could do 10 years for. Tell me I don't know what it's like to consider that a hard ****ing choice because I'm that broke. Tell me I don't know what its like to wait at the day-labor agency for 6 hours to find out they don't have a gig for you because you're THAT desperate to work.

Go to hell with your racist-ass "white people don't know what struggle is like" attitude. It's not about whose black and whose white in 2014. Anymore, it's about whose got money and political sanction, and who doesn't.

That is one hell of a post. It's interesting that almost no one outside of your circumstance pictures a white person when they hear about them.

I think the only thing that keeps this division racial is that if a black person is outside of a "bad" neighborhood they still feel like they get negative attention for neutral behavior. Do you find that the same happens to you? If that's the case, then we really should be preaching solidarity on this subject instead of being so divided.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:13 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,112,559 times
"There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the
troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public.
Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they
have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs-partly because
they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want
the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their
jobs."
Booker T. Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.