Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 07:54 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
you just want to keep repeating the lie enough to both convince yourself, and try to convince others. Your race based ideological view makes you obtuse to the facts and you just want to spread lies.
After reading dozens of marilyn220's posts over the past few days I wholly agree with you. Marilyn strikes me as someone who fancies herself as the smartest kid in the classroom ... and among her everyday peers perhaps that's the case. There are plenty of people here however who see right through such intellectual dishonesty, particularly when even just a brief review of her posts exposes countless contradictions, conjecture, and willful obfuscation of facts. That kind of crap might fly with her peers, but it doesn't out here in the global community.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:00 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
After reading dozens of marilyn220's posts over the past few days I wholly agree with you. Marilyn strikes me as someone who fancies herself as the smartest kid in the classroom ... and among her everyday peers perhaps that's the case. There are plenty of people here however who see right through such intellectual dishonesty, particularly when even just a brief review of her posts exposes countless contradictions, conjecture, and willful obfuscation of facts. That kind of crap might fly with her peers, but it doesn't out here in the global community.
Differing opinions are always welcome and interesting to read. (I love a good courteous debate) But when one party does not participate honestly then it is just an exercise in frustration. Hence the ignore button.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Differing opinions are always welcome and interesting to read. (I love a good courteous debate) But when one party does not participate honestly then it is just an exercise in frustration. Hence the ignore button.
Exactly. If your mind is so closed that you are unwilling to absorb facts and address them in your subsequent arguments moving forward, it shows that your argument is one based wholly on emotion, and not truth.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:16 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
After reading dozens of marilyn220's posts over the past few days I wholly agree with you. Marilyn strikes me as someone who fancies herself as the smartest kid in the classroom ... and among her everyday peers perhaps that's the case.
This is just too funny.

Quote:
There are plenty of people here however who see right through such intellectual dishonesty, particularly when even just a brief review of her posts exposes countless contradictions, conjecture, and willful obfuscation of facts.
Nothing I said in here was a lie I made up from nowhere and you guys know that. Just because I'm not "falling in line" with what YOU want me to believe, I supposedly fancy myself "the smartest kid in the class" and some sort of fake "intellectual". Good grief.

Quote:
That kind of crap might fly with her peers, but it doesn't out here in the global community.

No one and I mean absolute NO ONE in my REAL LIFE believes a word of Darren Wilson's "story".

Some of you insulting me PERSONALLY are upset, because I believe Darren Wilson's a murderer. You have switched my words and explanations into things I never said. I never once said Mike Brown was an "angel" or a good kid. I have also REPEATEDLY said I don't know if Darren Wilson is a racist, but he definitely falls into the category of a bad incompetent police officer or someone suffering from mental illness.

I have NEVER veered off this.

But go ahead. Continue to make PERSONAL insults against me, because you don't like what I have to say. I don't care. It's not like I know you people or you're paying any of my bills.

Only two or three posters here, have not taken it to a personal level and to those posters, thanks for being making it respectful. It's appreciated.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:25 AM

Nope, nothing emotional at all about a long screed like that, full of all-cap shouts, more ridiculous conjecture and charges, delivered within mere minutes.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:26 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times
More than 1500 comments so far. Do any of us here feel differently about the guilt or innocence of either Brown or Wilson than when we first posted? Did anyone's opinions sway yours?
I didn't think so.

So I will ask this of anyone, but Marilyn in particular:
Do you still feel the same way after all AVAILABLE evidence was made public? I am not talking about conjecture or hypothesis, or even eyewitness accounts that changed with each retelling. I am talking about 12 people on a GJ, being given every available piece of information, to come to the decision presented. I can honestly say, I would have felt differently had the GJ's decision been different. As it is, I believe Wilson's version. Perhaps I missed a few of your comments as I originally posted on another thread that was merged with this one; but your choice to still believe Wilson acted murderously...does that mean you think the GJ was/is tainted? Surely they HAD to know that handing forth their decision was going to result in the chaos that ensued. We all knew it, they had to have known it as well. So that many people, of different genders; races; & culturally diverse backgrounds, would have so little conscience & regard for a community, that they would jeopardize said community with a falsehood? I don't see it. Marilyn & others who feel Wilson is in the wrong, does that mean you feel the GJ is in the wrong too? What connection am I missing here?

Old 12-01-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You had referenced several times that Wilson pulled Browns head into his vehicle. The testimony that Johnson gave at the GJ was that no part (head, arm, hand, etc.) was ever inside the vehicle. They had discussed that part towards the first half of his testimony and Johnson was talking about that but he wasn't totally clear in his responses. Towards the end of his testimony he was asked straight out if any part of Browns body was inside the vehicle - and his response was a firm - no, that no part of Browns body was ever 'inside' the vehicle.
Well, if this is true, then Wilson lied about Mike going for his gun then. According to WILSON, when he finally got a shot off in the vehicle he said there an explosion of glass and BLOOD. Another thing, if Dorian's version "changed" during testimony, then he's lying as well, because in every TELEVISION INTERVIEW Dorian said the cop tried to pull Mike's head in the car and when that failed grabbed his arm. Also, if Mike was "never" in the vehicle, how did his DNA get inside of it?

See what I mean about how we will NEVER know what truly happened in this case?

Quote:
Johnson said that Wilson was at a standstill while shooting Brown after Brown had turned around to face him. The forensics said that the shell casings, and blood spatters, were strung along a path - the path that Wilson stated he took while he was backing up because Brown was charging at him (the shell casing placements and blood spatters matched what Wilson said. What Johnson said, about Wilson standing in place while shooting, did not match the forensics).

I would take this more seriously IF Ferguson PD had questioned Wilson AT THE SCENE about what happened shortly after the shooting. They have no idea if what he was saying was true or not, because they let him LEAVE, take his gun and clean up his own crime scene.

Again, not one witness said that Mike "charged" Wilson after he shot him a thousand times.

Quote:
Forensics also stated that there was Browns blood/dna inside the vehicle - if going by Johnson's testimony of one single shot, only a trickle of blood coming out of the wound, no part of Browns body was ever in the vehicle - how did that blood/dna get into the vehicle?
See why I say Ferguson PD never should have let Wilson leave the scene or take 10 days to write an incident report in an officer involved shooting?

Like I've said several times previously, somewhere in the middle of Darren and Dorian's version of events is the TRUTH which for many people like myself, will never know.

Quote:
p.s. welcome back
Yeah, it feels good.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
More than 1500 comments so far. Do any of us here feel differently about the guilt or innocence of either Brown or Wilson than when we first posted? Did anyone's opinions sway yours?
I didn't think so.

Do you still feel the same way after all AVAILABLE evidence was made public? I am not talking about conjecture or hypothesis, or even eyewitness accounts that changed with each retelling. I am talking about 12 people on a GJ, being given every available piece of information, to come to the decision presented. I can honestly say, I would have felt differently had the GJ's decision been different. As it is, I believe Wilson's version.
I don't and never will.

Quote:
Perhaps I missed a few of your comments as I originally posted on another thread that was merged with this one; but your choice to still believe Wilson acted murderously
I've said this several times before that I don't believe Wilson woke up one morning and said I'm going to kill someone. I believe there was some aggression going on, but it was from HIS side or he's crazy.

One thing I will never believe is that Mike Brown attacked the cop like a crazed madman just for telling him to get off the sidewalk. It will never change for ME, but you can carry on this conversation with others who feel like I do on here, because this is now officially my LAST post on the matter as I'm tired of going in circles.

We all know what it is.

Tootles!

Old 12-01-2014, 08:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I didn't think so.

Do you still feel the same way after all AVAILABLE evidence was made public? I am not talking about conjecture or hypothesis, or even eyewitness accounts that changed with each retelling. I am talking about 12 people on a GJ, being given every available piece of information, to come to the decision presented. I can honestly say, I would have felt differently had the GJ's decision been different. As it is, I believe Wilson's version. Perhaps I missed a few of your comments as I originally posted on another thread that was merged with this one; but your choice to still believe Wilson acted murderously...does that mean you think the GJ was/is tainted? Surely they HAD to know that handing forth their decision was going to result in the chaos that ensued. We all knew it, they had to have known it as well. So that many people, of different genders; races; & culturally diverse backgrounds, would have so little conscience & regard for a community, that they would jeopardize said community with a falsehood? I don't see it. Marilyn & others who feel Wilson is in the wrong, does that mean you feel the GJ is in the wrong too? What connection am I missing here?
You are going to hear one (or all) of about 4 reasons why the GJ got it wrong.

1.There were only 4 black members.

2.The DA didn't present it the way it normally is presented with "just" the most damning evidence to force an indictment... not ALL the evidence.

3.The DA's tone and how it was all presented "told" the GJ that he wanted them to come to the finding they did.

4.The DA is a racist/bigot because his dad was killed by a black man.

No evidence to back up any logical conclusions of murder or wrongful death, just "feelings" and wanting it to be the other way.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
This is now officially my LAST post on the matter as I'm tired of going in circles.
Quoted for future reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events