Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2014, 03:44 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,708,515 times

Advertisements

LOL

It's good to know the dysfunctional Glenn Beck has one followerer:

Do black lives really matter? Glenn reads the stunning list of black people murdered in Chicago being ignored by activists and protesters – Glenn Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
Black lives matter... to the county coroner who puts his kids through college thanks to them.

How many black-on-black homicides have there been since Brown got put down? "Black lives matter." Gimme a break.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:47 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,708,515 times
I've always wondered -
do internet stalkers who quote Glenn Beck get paid?

I hope so, i'd be a pain to do all that work for nothing.

or maybe the ideological justification is sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
Black lives matter... to the county coroner who puts his kids through college thanks to them.

How many black-on-black homicides have there been since Brown got put down? "Black lives matter." Gimme a break.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:28 AM

610 posts, read 698,551 times
I hate Glenn Beck. He defers to the police narrative in 99% of these cases, and professes to reaaaally hate big government, but, like most conservatives, is perfectly happy to encourage the government to throw untold sums at the border patrol, the military and the police. So basically, he hates big government except those parts that have the authority to kill us.

That said, hes dead right with his Black Lives Matter piece.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:37 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,788 times
*whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Since well over 90% of black murders are black-on-black this who business about "Black Lives Matter" seems a little gimmicky.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:08 PM

399 posts, read 406,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
Never listen to Glenn Beck nor do I care for any political pundits. Got better things to do with my time than listen to some blowhard spout off about politics.

Now, tell me, how many black murders are caused by blacks and how many caused by whites. While you're at it, tell me how many white murders are caused by whites and how many by blacks. I'll wait til you stop giggling like a Japanese schoolgirl and decide to have an honest conversation.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:51 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
To cover some things that we are all aware of .. the town of Ferguson is roughly two thirds black - the police force is almost all, if not fully all, white. I think that we can all agree that the black people in Ferguson are not being represented by having a fully (or almost fully) white police force (and that point had also been made by Holder and those other dems).

moving on ..

There are many news stories claiming that the Justice Dept (pushed by Holder) may end up disbanding the Ferguson police department, with the Ferguson cops going to work for the county cops, and the job of policing Ferguson will go to the county cops (though the town has to vote on it first). It is supported by many democrats (some, or all, who are in the Congressional Black Caucus).

Now, before you start jumping up and down with glee over that station being closed down, take a step back and ponder this puzzler - why is Holder and those dems pushing to close that police station instead of removing (from the police chief on down) two thirds, more or less, of the white cops and replacing them with black cops, which would not only keep that station open but it would also have that dept fit the demographics of the town (imo, that would be the most logical step instead of closing the station)?

What they are wanting to do makes absolutely no sense to me.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:19 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
T
Now, before you start jumping up and down with glee over that station being closed down, take a step back and ponder this puzzler - why is Holder and those dems pushing to close that police station instead of removing (from the police chief on down) two thirds, more or less, of the white cops and replacing them with black cops, which would not only keep that station open but it would also have that dept fit the demographics of the town (imo, that would be the most logical step instead of closing the station)?

What they are wanting to do makes absolutely no sense to me.

Because they probably can't find many black males in the area who can pass the background check.

Maybe you're not allowed to have a juvie record, even if it's minor.

Maybe you're not allowed to have felons in your family, even if you have no criminal history.

The mass incarceration of blacks (specifically black males) since the crack era STILL continues to do this day. It's not a "myth" or an "illusion". Many are getting arrested, ticketed and fined for the most trivial nonsense known to man all over the country.

Many police departments don't want you to have any 'blemishes" in your past.

The only blacks who may have a shot at being cops in that miserable backwater town are probably ex-military or returning veterans. Maybe.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:38 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Because they probably can't find many black males in the area who can pass the background check.

Maybe you're not allowed to have a juvie record, even if it's minor.

Maybe you're not allowed to have felons in your family, even if you have no criminal history.

The mass incarceration of blacks (specifically black males) since the crack era STILL continues to do this day. It's not a "myth" or an "illusion". Many are getting arrested, ticketed and fined for the most trivial nonsense known to man all over the country.

Many police departments don't want you to have any 'blemishes" in your past.

The only blacks who may have a shot at being cops in that miserable backwater town are probably ex-military or returning veterans. Maybe.
They don't have to limit themselves to hiring black male/female cops from the residents of Ferguson. They can hire and/or transfer black cops from any area in that state, and/or, from anywhere in the country.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:48 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
They don't have to limit themselves to hiring black male/female cops from the residents of Ferguson. They can hire and/or transfer black cops from any area in that state, and/or, from anywhere in the country.
If I was a white cop in that city I'd be finding a new place to work.
Maybe Obama can get some Undocumented Americans to fill those jobs.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:49 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Yeah, but they probably don't want to live there.

There are some states and towns people would never move to no matter how much you paid them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events